Thread: Gun buyback

Post imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,463172,00.html

I found this line funny. One man brought in a Soviet-era semiautomatic carbine. "If that got into the wrong hands of gangbangers, they could kill several people within minutes," Woods said."
    I didn't realize that Soviet era semiautomatics were more deadly than the others. I sometimes chuckle when I read such idiotic comments until I realize that this is serious stuff.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

"One guy said he had just got laid off from his job," Woods said. "He turned in five guns and said it would really help him to put food on the family's table."
    I wonder what this guy will do should the shelves at the grocery stores become bare? Guess he didn't think about the possibility that he might have to hunt for his families supper some day. Not to mention protect his family from raiders that might invade his home looking for something to eat.

Dumbasses!

Post imported post

They say that deputies check to see if the guns had been used in a crime, then destroy them. I wonder if they check to see if they have been stolen so that they can be returned to their owners.

Post imported post

Gun "Buy Backs" are evil. They do not reduce crime, they take up valuable resources that could be productively used elsewhere, and they condition the population to turn in firearms to authorities.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

And for $100 per gun, no less. WTF? You can get more money on the private market for most guns.

Post imported post

Walleye wrote:
    And for $100 per gun, no less. WTF? You can get more money on the private market for most guns.
    +1

Any AK today will go for $500 and up with no effort at all. This individual is either the stupidest person on Earth, earth a thief who had no idea he had more than a "gun" to get rid of.

Post imported post

All I can say is Oy Vey
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson