• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun buyback

HardChrome

imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,463172,00.html

I found this line funny. One man brought in a Soviet-era semiautomatic carbine. "If that got into the wrong hands of gangbangers, they could kill several people within minutes," Woods said."
I didn't realize that Soviet era semiautomatics were more deadly than the others. I sometimes chuckle when I read such idiotic comments until I realize that this is serious stuff.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

"One guy said he had just got laid off from his job," Woods said. "He turned in five guns and said it would really help him to put food on the family's table."
I wonder what this guy will do should the shelves at the grocery stores become bare? Guess he didn't think about the possibility that he might have to hunt for his families supper some day. Not to mention protect his family from raiders that might invade his home looking for something to eat.

Dumbasses!

Gordie

imported post

They say that deputies check to see if the guns had been used in a crime, then destroy them. I wonder if they check to see if they have been stolen so that they can be returned to their owners.

Thundar

imported post

Gun "Buy Backs" are evil. They do not reduce crime, they take up valuable resources that could be productively used elsewhere, and they condition the population to turn in firearms to authorities.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Walleye wrote:
And for $100 per gun, no less. WTF? You can get more money on the private market for most guns.
+1

Any AK today will go for $500 and up with no effort at all. This individual is either the stupidest person on Earth, earth a thief who had no idea he had more than a "gun" to get rid of.