Thread: Is Anybody Going To The Crime Commission Meeting

Post imported post

From the VCDL Alert:

Crime Commission to meet next week on gun show bills!

At 10 AM on Tuesday, December 9, in Senate Room A of the General
    Assembly Building, the Virginia State Crime Commission is gong to
    discuss the so called "gun show loophole" bill. We need to make sure
    it is clear that Virginia does not need to change the law on private
    sales at gun shows or anywhere else.

Nothing has changed on this has it? We are planning on attending.
    'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,
    'Till the last bugle call, sounds taps for us all,
    It's Semper Fidelis, MARINE!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I was planning to attend.

Unfortunately, half our staff is out today and I can't take the chance they will be again tomorrow.

I hope it goes well.

Post imported post

I'll be there - probably a bit early to see if the Capitol Police learned their lesson about carry in the General Assembly Building. If nothingf else, it will be a chance to try out the new digital voice recorder.

I know of at least three others that will be there for the hearing.

stay safe.

skidmark

Edited for typos

"He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

I need to pay more attention to what I am sign from now on. I put my on what I thought was an attendance roster not realizing it was a roster of who wanted to speak, oops. I'll make sure that I read the big print from now on!
    'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

Presumably someone will report on what happened for those of us that could not come down.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

I'm going to defer to the VCDL's alerts on the political goings-on at the meeting.

As for the "carry at the General Assembly Building" issue that we ran into last meeting - yesterday was 180* different - no question of whether or not we could carry, no "discussion" about only being permitted to carry concealed, not even asked to go through the magnatometers - common sense prevailed that we would beep so why bother .

The Capitol Police sergeant that I had the extended conversation with last time came up to me and said "Hi" - no animosity evident at all.

It seems that the issue of whether or not, and how, we can carry in the General Assembly Building has been resolved favorably for both sides.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

I had a long friendly conversation with one of the capital Police Officers about my motorcycle jacket after the meeting. We had been standing around in the lobby talking but this one officer kept watching me. She finally came over to talk and what she wanted was more info on my coat, she is looking for a better winter coat for when she rides her bike. It was a real nice conversation.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    I'm going to defer to the VCDL's alerts on the political goings-on at the meeting.

As for the "carry at the General Assembly Building" issue that we ran into last meeting - yesterday was 180* different - no question of whether or not we could carry, no "discussion" about only being permitted to carry concealed, not even asked to go through the magnatometers - common sense prevailed that we would beep so why bother .

The Capitol Police sergeant that I had the extended conversation with last time came up to me and said "Hi" - no animosity evident at all.

It seems that the issue of whether or not, and how, we can carry in the General Assembly Building has been resolved favorably for both sides.

stay safe.

skidmark
    This is good to hear, as I have YET to hear a response from Chief ("Colonel") Lettner.

Perhaps I'll put a personal visit to her on my agenda for Jan 19th.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein