• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is Anybody Going To The Crime Commission Meeting

streetdoc

imported post

From the VCDL Alert:

Crime Commission to meet next week on gun show bills!

At 10 AM on Tuesday, December 9, in Senate Room A of the General
Assembly Building, the Virginia State Crime Commission is gong to
discuss the so called "gun show loophole" bill. We need to make sure
it is clear that Virginia does not need to change the law on private
sales at gun shows or anywhere else.

Nothing has changed on this has it? We are planning on attending.

useful_idiot

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I was planning to attend.

Unfortunately, half our staff is out today and I can't take the chance they will be again tomorrow.

I hope it goes well. :cool:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'll be there - probably a bit early to see if the Capitol Police learned their lesson about carry in the General Assembly Building. If nothingf else, it will be a chance to try out the new digital voice recorder.

I know of at least three others that will be there for the hearing.

stay safe.

skidmark

Edited for typos

streetdoc

imported post

I need to pay more attention to what I am sign from now on. I put my on what I thought was an attendance roster not realizing it was a roster of who wanted to speak, oops. I'll make sure that I read the big print from now on!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm going to defer to the VCDL's alerts on the political goings-on at the meeting.

As for the "carry at the General Assembly Building" issue that we ran into last meeting - yesterday was 180* different - no question of whether or not we could carry, no "discussion" about only being permitted to carry concealed, not even asked to go through the magnatometers - common sense prevailed that we would beep so why bother :D.

The Capitol Police sergeant that I had the extended conversation with last time came up to me and said "Hi" - no animosity evident at all.

It seems that the issue of whether or not, and how, we can carry in the General Assembly Building has been resolved favorably for both sides.

stay safe.

skidmark

streetdoc

imported post

I had a long friendly conversation with one of the capital Police Officers about my motorcycle jacket after the meeting. We had been standing around in the lobby talking but this one officer kept watching me. She finally came over to talk and what she wanted was more info on my coat, she is looking for a better winter coat for when she rides her bike. It was a real nice conversation.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

skidmark wrote:
I'm going to defer to the VCDL's alerts on the political goings-on at the meeting.

As for the "carry at the General Assembly Building" issue that we ran into last meeting - yesterday was 180* different - no question of whether or not we could carry, no "discussion" about only being permitted to carry concealed, not even asked to go through the magnatometers - common sense prevailed that we would beep so why bother :D.

The Capitol Police sergeant that I had the extended conversation with last time came up to me and said "Hi" - no animosity evident at all.

It seems that the issue of whether or not, and how, we can carry in the General Assembly Building has been resolved favorably for both sides.

stay safe.

skidmark
This is good to hear, as I have YET to hear a response from Chief ("Colonel") Lettner.

Perhaps I'll put a personal visit to her on my agenda for Jan 19th.