• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

guns for sale

r6-rider

imported post

yea same for me too

anyways, whats your price range here cause my buddy might be selling his 1911

r6-rider

imported post

alright ill give him a call tomorrow and let you know what he wants to do. in the mean time you should check out gunbroker, you will occasionally run across a good deal.

protector84

imported post

Not to pry here but it does seem a little suspicious that you seem to *need* a gun by private sale. You have posted a couple of threads about this and it seems to me that if you need a particular gun or any gun for that matter then it is so much easier and more convenient to go to a regular dealer and at the very least not to have missed the gun show. Maybe someone can help you out but this seems quite strange to me.

Dashes

imported post

I've got a brand new STI LS9 for sale.

Has fired 50 rounds.

Sticker price - $750+

I'll sell it for $500 obo.

It's a 1911 9mm. But it's much thinner than any other 1911.

And STI makes quality stuff.

I also have a Remington 870 12 gauge with the 18'' barrel.

All synthetic black stock and foregrip.

$225.

r6-rider

imported post

protector84 wrote:
Not to pry here but it does seem a little suspicious that you seem to *need* a gun by private sale. You have posted a couple of threads about this and it seems to me that if you need a particular gun or any gun for that matter then it is so much easier and more convenient to go to a regular dealer and at the very least not to have missed the gun show. Maybe someone can help you out but this seems quite strange to me.
why is that strange? being as i am also 18, i would of posted the same kind of ad he did. besides private party is usually cheaper

protector84

imported post

Now it makes sense because you can buy guns under 21 but only through non-FFL dealers or via private sales. It would have seemed less suspicious if the OP stated "I'm under 21" and then continued with his question. However, without stating that it makes it look like the person is prohibited from buying a gun (such as due to a felony conviction) or an undercover cop posing to bust someone on an illegal gun sale. Usually if someone cannot buy a gun, it is because they are a convicted felon. Now that he has stated his age, it makes sensenow.

r6-rider

imported post

protector84 wrote:
or an undercover cop posing to bust someone on an illegal gun sale.
haha i like your intentions, it fits the name. i knew what you were saying i was just trying to get you to think outside the box though

Slayer of Paper

imported post

I prefer to buy my guns from private buyers, too. As far as I'm concerned, the more guns I own that have no paper trail for the government to follow when it comes down to confiscation, the better.