• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Doctors To Be Writing 9mm Perscriptions?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

[font="palatino, times new roman, georgia, times"]Arthritis? Carpal-tunnel syndrome? [/font]
[font="palatino, times new roman, georgia, times"]A hand injury? If so, a New Jersey company claims it has invented a firearm just for you and that it has received federal approval to market the 9-mm handgun as a "medical device," perhaps even with its cost reimbursable to seniors by Medicare. [/font]
[font="palatino, times new roman, georgia, times"]Matthew Carmel, president of Constitution Arms in Maplewood, N.J., says the Palm Pistol is designed to be fired by people who have disabling conditions that prevent them from holding a normal handgun and pulling the trigger. [/font]
[font="palatino, times new roman, georgia, times"]"It's something that they need to assist them in daily living," Carmel, who hopes to manufacture the device, told New Scientist. Currently the Palm Pistol is just at the patent stage. [/font]
[font="palatino, times new roman, georgia, times"]"The justification for this would be no more or less for a walker or wheelchair, or any number of things that are medical devices," he said. [/font]
[font="palatino, times new roman, georgia, times"]Carmel expects the handgun to become available in 2010. He estimates it will sell for approximately $300. "I've been getting a lot of calls," he said.
[/font]

[font="palatino, times new roman, georgia, times"]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.printable&pageId=82966[/font]
[font="palatino, times new roman, georgia, times"] Yata hey
[/font]

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Can't wait to see airport security melt down over this medical device.

I think it is great that 2A has joined the ranks of smoking industry.
Government funds, and government condemns at the same time.

Now the best part is when grandpa gets arrested, and they have to give hime
his gun in jail since you can't withhold medical treatment, and he has a prescription.

Would the doctors prescription override the states mandated licences?
What a way to carry in Kalifornia, medical gun in left pocket, medical joint in the right.

How many refills fo you get per doctors visit?
Gotta protect the medication with more medicine. :what:

KansasMustang

imported post

Dang, maybe I can get my doctor to write me a prescrip for my pistol? This patient needs his pistol all the time because he's allergic to being a victim.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
Dang, maybe I can get my doctor to write me a prescrip for my pistol? This patient needs his pistol all the time because he's allergic to being a victim.
Some medical samples of those hard to swallow DXPs would be nice too.

Yata hey

Legba

imported post

Just don't mistake it for an asthma inhaler...

-ljp

nova

imported post

The website says it will have an optional picatinny rail for mounting accessories. WTF???

redlegagent

imported post

You can classify it as medical equipment if you want, but if it doesn't have some sort of child protective device or is liable to easy accidental discharge, it won't survive the first liability lawsuit. Sorry folks, but that's just how it see it. A novel idea with great big liability concerns.