• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama: Gun owners do not need to stock up

James

imported post

Our local TV station did a piece tonight on the explosion in gun sales. They talked to store owners and customers as to why they were buying firearms. Most said they were afraid of democrats when it came to gun ownership. Some said they were afraid the crime rate was going to get worse. The reporter doing the story just did the story and didn't editorialize. It was refreshing.

Swampbeast

imported post

If I don't need to worry about my gun rights, then why doesn't Mr. Obama publicly say that he will not push for any new guns control or "assault weapon" bans?

Until then, I'll just keep laughing at what he says.

And I've had a few friends from college that said their going to buy their first gun soon before Obama bans them.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I didn't buy into the double speak in Nov, and I certainly won't now. I hope the afronazi gets the message that he's only a messiah in the "minds" of those who had a lot of empty space in there to begin with.

wrightme

imported post

Swampbeast wrote:
If I don't need to worry about my gun rights, then why doesn't Mr. Obama publicly say that he will not push for any new guns control or "assault weapon" bans?

Until then, I'll just keep laughing at what he says.

And I've had a few friends from college that said their going to buy their first gun soon before Obama bans them.
Because that would contradict the statement on his website as to his intentions re the AWB.

Flintlock

imported post

longwatch wrote:
As gun sales shoot up around the country, President-elect Barack Obama said Sunday that gun-owning Americans do not need to rush out and stock up before he is sworn in next month.
Why not?

Money is being spent during a downturn in the economy. People are becoming better protected and prepared.I don't see the harm and the reason for aplea for it to stop.

Just because he felt the need to address this situation and the fact that he encourages us not to do so is troublesome. Something is coming down the pipe soon.

"I believe in common-sense gun safety laws, and I believe in the second amendment," Obama said at a news conference. "Lawful gun owners have nothing to fear. I said that throughout the campaign. I haven't indicated anything different during the transition. I think people can take me at my word."

That makes no sense. Common-sense gun safety legislation is a violation of the 2nd amendment, not part of it.

It remains to be seen if he can be taken at his word...

JBURGII

imported post

Snake oil salesman. I too thought I was stimulating the economy. New pistol, more ammo.. more cleaning supplies.. targets.. gas to drive to the range.. also to go hunting.. I could go on..

J

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sorry, JBURGII, you're only stimulating the economy when your money is stolen by government to "create jobs" or subsidize financially nonviable "alternative engergies".

From the comments on this article over at Reason:

Barack Obama wrote:
We will also save one million jobs by creating a Jobs and Growth Fund.

This will be accomplished through our new Department of Breaking Windows, which will hire teams of highly skilled window breakers. They will then report the breakage to the Department of Window Repair, which will send out repair teams. Soon we will have millions of new jobs and the largest glazier industry in the world.

I'm Barack Obama, and I'll be stopping by your house with a brick later.

JBURGII

imported post

Im sorry marshaul, I was mistaken.. I so totally forgot that it would be better to send it in to the Messiah and let him redistribute it properly.. my bad..

I do apologize for taking any personal initiative.. it will not happen again. Besides, I have already stocked up.. no need to continue.. well except maybe that one other thing I wanted.. mmm.. and some ammo for it.. and..

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

"Pay no attention to the (wo)men behind the (iron) curtain..."

I'm not sticking my head in the sand when the very people who would benefit most from it tell me to... Duh!

KansasMustang

imported post

Wonder what color shirts the nObama thugs will wear? Hope it's not "Brown" give UPS drivers a nightmare. That glass breaking thing gives me the willy's. Kinda sounds like "Crystal Nacht" to me. Gad am I paranoid? nah just watchful.
Keep your powder dry!

Alexcabbie

imported post

There is a detectable scent of fear in the Obama camp that this Illinois scandal could wreck his Presidency before he is sworn in. Saturday night I got 22 year old Ubamanista in the cab and told him it was - however remotely - possible that the Electoral College could decide he was not fit and reverse the election when they vote tomorrow. He had a freaking FIT!! He started screaming - really screaming - that it could not happen because "faithless electors" - my how he spat the phrase out - were "limited to Ohio and Maine". He tipped me a dime and slammed the door.

So maybe what Obama is saying is that we should save our money because he might not make it into the White House aftr all??

BTW that kid is full of crapola. I checked it out and although some states assess criminal penalties on "faithless electors" they are still constitutionally able to vote their conciensces, and they are NOT "limited" to Ohio and Maine. Sure theyve never overturned an election before, but nobody ever flew an airliner into the Pentagon before, either.........

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

MI-copperhead wrote:
I've yet to meet a "common-sense gun safety law"
That's because there's no such thing.

Anything that deprives a citizen of protection, grants the criminal privelige. Duh.

MI-copperhead

Anti-urban, Bible thumping, Tekonsha, Michigan, US
imported post

Pointman wrote:
ixtow wrote:
MI-copperhead wrote:
I've yet to meet a "common-sense gun safety law"
That's because there's no such thing.
Not exactly correct. Kennesaw, Georgia has a law requiring all residents to own at least one gun ''in order to provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city.''
I forgot about that one.
We we can be pretty well assured that BHO wont be making a law like that.

Gordie

imported post

I love the "common sense gun law" argument.

I always respond with something along the lines of "Is it common sense to enacta law that has no positive effect on crime while atthe same time puts law abiding citizens at risk, all while spending much needed resources that could be used to actually do something about crime."

NowtheKennesaw law is a common sense gun law. It has had a direct, positive impact on crime, cost the PD nothing, and puts nobody but the criminals in danger.:celebrate