• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama: Gun owners do not need to stock up

LeagueOf1291

imported post

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

If that's what he had in mind, then what kind of arms did he think the people should have the right to keep? Might it be the same kind of arms the government has?

KansasMustang

imported post

I have acquaintences, (and a few friends) that are even further to the right than I (if anyone could believe that):p that have studied/trained with etc. What has been called the Militia. They had a saying of folks that would join their cause AFTER the fight ensued as it were. *Spoon Warriers* Send 'em out with a spoon, if he's determined enough he'll come back fully armed.
IF, (and God knows I never want to see it) the times comes that the God fearing, freedom loving, people ever should have to rise up to overthrow a tyrannical government, my semi-auto's will have to suffice until I can better equip from the battlefields.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I think this may be wandering off topic a bit, but honestly, at that point, we'll need more than small arms.

Can these people tell the difference between the coward who waits to join others, or the leader still standing alone? Think about that one for a bit.

KansasMustang

imported post

Quite certain I still know how to operate an M1A1. And pretty sure that our founding Fathers felt like the mouse in the pic with the hawk soaring down on him. "Last great act of defiance"

Alexcabbie

imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
I have acquaintences, (and a few friends) that are even further to the right than I (if anyone could believe that):p that have studied/trained with etc. What has been called the Militia. They had a saying of folks that would join their cause AFTER the fight ensued as it were. *Spoon Warriers* Send 'em out with a spoon, if he's determined enough he'll come back fully armed.
IF, (and God knows I never want to see it) the times comes that the God fearing, freedom loving, people ever should have to rise up to overthrow a tyrannical government, my semi-auto's will have to suffice until I can better equip from the battlefields.

Speaking of "spoon warriors", I understand Obama is considering naming the once-again zaftig Oprah Winfrey to a cabinet level position.

And speaking of Obama, the sleaze he has managed to surround himself with grows, I just heard Bill Richardson is in some kinde of hot water too now. He may have too hard a time just staying in office to bother us.

Alexcabbie

imported post

This entire incoming Administration is drawn almost entirely from the ranks of the Chicago Democrat political machine, so, yes it is and boy are we in trouble. Thanks a big, orangey stinking pant load, you stupid idiot Ubamanista fools.

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Gordie wrote:
Could it be possible to have a more crooked administration than Clinton's?
All it takes is enough enablers in the right places. Certainly not beyond the realm of possibility.

Gordie

imported post

cccook wrote:
Gordie wrote:
Could it be possible to have a more crooked administration than Clinton's?
All it takes is enough enablers in the right places. Certainly not beyond the realm of possibility.
I figured as much. I was hoping that someone could present a solid, logicalargument that it wasn't all that bad, that there was nothing to worry about. Of course, no one has been able to come up with one before now so I guess we have confirmation.

Pro2ndA

imported post

Y'all just watch ... our savior in chief, Obama, is going to turn the USA into the land of abundant guns and free ammo.

... come on, have a since of humor. But stock up anyway.

shad0wfax

imported post

Peter Hamm, spokesman for the Brady Campaign against Gun Violence said:
We think they are people who already have more than enough guns at their homes to protect themselves and are buying more."

And who made him king to tell me how many guns is enough?

President Elect Barack Hussein Obama said:

I believe in common-sense gun safety laws, and I believe in the second amendment. Lawful gun owners have nothing to fear. I said that throughout the campaign. I haven't indicated anything different during the transition. I think people can take me at my word.

The last time I looked at a copy of the constitution and the bill of rights "common-sense gun safety laws" weren't included in the prefatory or operative clauses of the second amendment nor were they included anywhere in the constitution. The last time I looked at a copy of the constitution something called the tenth amendment specifically limitted the federal government to what was already listed in the constitution. The remaining rights were left to the people and the states respectively. Too bad we stopped believing in the 10th amendment back when the 16th president was still alive and in office...

I'm so sick of the Marxist dialectic at work in our country.

jbone

imported post

Slayer of Paper wrote:
President-elect Barack Obama said Sunday that gun-owning Americans do not need to rush out and stock up before he is sworn in next month.

Yeah, whatever. I think I'll just keep on stocking up, if you don't mind.
The electwould rather you to wait tillafter he's sworm in so younot longer have the ablity or right to stock up. I still feel he'll move fast on his anti gun policies after he's in office.

+1 Slayer, I'll get my stock pile growing be for he's sworn in.

shad0wfax

imported post

hlh wrote:
I've not read this entire thread, but we need to change this "common sense" nonsense on it's head. It's "common sense" that gun laws don't affect outlaws.
:what:Get your truth and logic out of here. This place is a liberal utopiawhere theunsafe, unfit, uneducated and undeservingare deluded into surrendering all of their lawfully owned implements of evil and war in for gift certificates to Starbucks! :celebrateIt's a new campaign called Guns for Granitas. Didn't you hear about it?

All joking aside, I'm going to continue stocking up on weapons, brass, powder, primers, projectiles, loaded ammunition and magazines. For some reason I find it hard to take Obama's word that he's not after us.