• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CVS Pharmacy

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
I wonder how many children died from getting the wrong prescription from a CVS Pharmacy?

It's estimated there are as many as 7,000 deaths annually in the United States from incorrect prescriptions and pharmacy regulators say the problem is getting worse
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/rx/cvs_rx.html
Looks like pharmacies are far more dangerous than guns. Maybe we should push to ban drugstores.

KansasMustang

imported post

I'm thinkin that CVS wants to get their foot in the door of the Obamanation to let nObama know they're anti-gun too. sheesh
:cuss:I HATE Progressives LOL

rodbender

imported post

OK, that's it guys. We've got to get some legislation working to ban cars, doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, gangs, and violence in general. Better yet we could pass a law that says it is a felony to die. That should fix it.

PatriotWarrior

imported post

Reply to my imaginary 12-year-old daughter:

I'm sorry, dear, but you may not cut up the onions and bell peppers for the fajitas, even though I am right here looking over your shoulder, because you are"not mature and responsible enough to handle a potentially lethal weapon." :banghead:

These people blow my mind. PatriotWarrior

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

When I was growing up, we had a 12-gauge and a 4-10 hanging on a gun rack in the hallway leading to our bedrooms. By age 5 I could move a chair over and get to them if I wanted to. Both remained loaded and on safe...

BUT: I knew that if I EVER was caught touching them, that I would not walk for a week.

These days, youcan't even touch your kids, or child protective services will have your ass.

When my Granmother was in High school, there was a .22 rifle range in the basement, and an archery field on campus. Kids actually brought their owngear as an elective class... We live ina terrible, nancy-ass sissy world where guns are bad evil things, instead of a constant compainion forever, that will never, run, willalways backyouup when you are visited by violence, and will be there (hopefully) topass on to your kids.

Gordie

imported post

Even in the 80's when I was in school, it wasn't uncommon to see rifles and shotguns in the racks of pickups in the parking lot. Kids hunted before and after school, no body seemed to have a problem.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gordie wrote:
Even in the 80's when I was in school, it wasn't uncommon to see rifles and shotguns in the racks of pickups in the parking lot. Kids hunted before and after school, no body seemed to have a problem.
I graduated HS class of '71 and it was the same in my school. Come hunting season there was quite an arsonal in the student parking lot. And about half the boys in school carried pocket knives. When a group of us had are selves a little showand tell session, sometimes one of the male teachers would get into the act as well, pulling out his old PK that was handed down to him.

KansasMustang

imported post

Wasn't long ago that out here in the "Heartland" in Kansas every pickup truck in the HS parking lot had it's gun rack with no less than a 22 rifle and a shotgun, now however, even out where you need the "Stuff" you need out here,,they've got that no gun school zone. Kid can't even bust a coyote inna ass on the way to school anymore.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Often it is said and by me that Rights imply duties. Here the duties precede the new right to healthcare. http://www.physorg.com/news148046418.html

People who want access to the NHS should behave more responsibly, says expert
Patients should recognise they have to take responsibility for their own health if they want access to free healthcare, says a leading academic.

Durham University's Martyn Evans makes the comments as the Healthcare Commission publishes its 'State of Healthcare' annual report (10 December).

Professor Evans argues that patients should comply with ten moral duties, which require them to look after themselves and others around them, and to use the NHS in a responsible way.

People who neglect their health and the health of others around them, or who misuse the healthcare available to them are draining the NHS scarce resources, says the researcher.

Professor Evans, from Durham University's School of Medicine and Health, says:

"Widespread behaviour that is adverse to health and to the effectiveness of the NHS, such as binge drinking and missing GP appointments, is on the increase. There is clearly a need to state more clearly the responsibilities patients have to secure the future of the free public healthcare system.

"Right now, far too many people suppose that only doctors have duties, and that only patients have rights."

Professor Evans, who has published an academic paper on patient duties, suggests individual patients should cooperate more fully with medical advice and treatment, be courteous to NHS staff, and follow health promotion guidelines.

Professor Evans explains: "I believe the duties I propose would make the healthcare system work more effectively for the individual patient, could speed up recovery, and overall would increase the availability of the healthcare resources for other patients. These duties are the reasonable 'price' of accessing scarce NHS resources that are held for the common good.

"They could not of course be enforced and perhaps they should not all be, even if they could. However, recognising them would contribute to a vitally important 'culture shift' in the expectations that people have of the NHS."

In his paper, Professor Evans outlines ten moral duties. They recommend patients promote their own health both before and after illness, access healthcare in a responsible and truthful way, and in certain specific circumstances, take part in medical research.

Professor Evans comments: "The fact that falling ill is largely beyond the patient's control, and the fact that most people have no choice but to rely on publicly funded healthcare from the NHS, all give added strength to the argument. They emphasise our common need for the same scarce resources, and our shared responsibility to make sure those resources are used most effectively, to the benefit of all of us."

The ten moral duties

1. Duty to participate in a 'healthcare jurisdiction'
2. Duty to uphold his or her own health
3. Duty to protect the health of others
4. Duty to seek and access healthcare responsibly
5. Duty of truthfulness
6. Duty of compliance
7. Duty of inpatient conduct
8. Duty of recovery or maintenance
9. Duty of research participation
10. Duty of citizenship

Source: Durham University

KS_to_CA

imported post

richarcm wrote:
Guns are completely safe — as long as they’re unloaded, locked away, and never touched. But as soon as a bullet enters the chamber and a hand nears the trigger, guns become a serious hazard to children. In the United States 2,852 children and teenagers died of gunshot wounds in 2004, and more than four times that many suffered acute injuries — many of them in the home.
Of course, the surest way to protect your child from guns is to keep them out of his life.

When is a child old enough to use a gun responsibly?
Never, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics. This is what the distinguished organization has to say about children and guns: Never allow your child access to your gun(s). No matter how much instruction you may give him or her, a youngster in the middle years is not mature and responsible enough to handle a potentially lethal weapon. Certainly the recent wave of school massacres give ample evidence of that.

http://www.cvshealthresources.com/topic/kidsguns

Ball peen hammers, needles, barbeque sticks anddirty forksare completely safe — as long as they’relocked away, and never touched. But as soon as a hand nears these things, they become a serious hazard to children. Of course, the surest way to protect your child fromball peen hammers, needles, barbeque sticks and dirty forksis to keep them out of his life.…

:banghead:

KS_to_CA

imported post

richarcm wrote:
Guns are completely safe — as long as they’re unloaded, locked away, and never touched. But as soon as a bullet enters the chamber and a hand nears the trigger, guns become a serious hazard to children. In the United States 2,852 children and teenagers died of gunshot wounds in 2004, and more than four times that many suffered acute injuries — many of them in the home.
Of course, the surest way to protect your child from guns is to keep them out of his life.

When is a child old enough to use a gun responsibly?
Never, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics. This is what the distinguished organization has to say about children and guns: Never allow your child access to your gun(s). No matter how much instruction you may give him or her, a youngster in the middle years is not mature and responsible enough to handle a potentially lethal weapon. Certainly the recent wave of school massacres give ample evidence of that.

http://www.cvshealthresources.com/topic/kidsguns

Ball peen hammers, needles, barbeque sticks anddirty forksare completely safe — as long as they’relocked away, and never touched. But as soon as a hand nears these things, they become a serious hazard to children. Of course, the surest way to protect your child fromball peen hammers, needles, barbeque sticks and dirty forksis to keep them out of his life.…

:banghead: