Thread: Wal-Mart

Post imported post

I did a search of this forum and didn't see this posted. I apologize if this is old news.

Fear causes hesitation; hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
    - The Bodasafa

www.mp-pistol.com

Post imported post

Well, it's private business owners rights to decide whether to ban CCW or OC carriers from their stores...Of course according to Utah law, their "ban" has no validity with a valid CCW holder, but that is for the court to decide whether they are infringing on our 2nd Amend. rights. I personally don't have the time, money or patience to test the waters of taking them to court if something happens, Ijust won't go there anymore..Does it suck? Sure, but it's their right, to not allow weapons, just as it's our right to carry...Kinda a double edged sword huh?

Post imported post

I have OCd at several Salt Lake area WalMarts once or twice a week for over 9 months and have never been asked to leave or even approached by anyone. I will continue to do so until they ask me to leave.

Post imported post

ScottyT wrote:
    ...I will continue to do so until they ask me to leave..
    +1

I have and still do: Never been hassled.

Post imported post

Anyone could make the documents that are placed on the OP.

I am always suspicious of "Secret Documents" that end up on the Internet.

I wondered about the truth and did a search of Utah law and where you CAN'T carry.

53-5-710 Cross-references to concealed firearm permit restrictions.

A person with a permit to carry a concealed firearm may not carry a concealed firearm in the following locations:
    (1) any secure area prescribed in Section 76-10-523.5 in which firearms are prohibited and notice of the prohibition posted;
    (2) in any airport secure area as provided in Section 76-10-529; or
    (3) in any house of worship or in any private residence where dangerous weapons are prohibited as provided in Section 76-10-530.

I do not see private business included in the above.

That doesn't mean that they can't ask you to leave, or even call the police if they want to.

I personally don't see what the fascination with Wal-Mart is or why this topic keeps coming up.

http://www.livepublish.le.state.ut.u...&2.0&p=

Post imported post

Paladin_Havegun_Willtravel wrote:
    I personally don't see what the fascination with Wal-Mart is or why this topic keeps coming up.

The fascination with walmart stems from the fact that they are the largest retailer in the country, and have more stores than the Chinese have tanks, and if you want to try and have a confronation over OC--walmart is the place to do it--but I also think some of it stems from the fact that there are people in the world who are just itching for a reason to get a lawsuit into federal court over Constitutional rights violations also....

trying to have a confronation does no one any good--especially not the 2nd Amend.

Post imported post

Brimstone wrote:
    I did a search of this forum and didn't see this posted. I apologize if this is old news.
    Just so you know, the search function on many websites is not as good as Google. I did a Google search on "Walmart letter to Don Schulthies" and this was the first result.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum52/14339-1.html

Post imported post

I wondered about the truth and did a search of Utah law and where you CAN'T carry.

53-5-710 Cross-references to concealed firearm permit restrictions.

A person with a permit to carry a concealed firearm may not carry a concealed firearm in the following locations:
    (1) any secure area prescribed in Section 76-10-523.5 in which firearms are prohibited and notice of the prohibition posted;
    (2) in any airport secure area as provided in Section 76-10-529; or
    (3) in any house of worship or in any private residence where dangerous weapons are prohibited as provided in Section 76-10-530.

That doesn't mean that they can't ask you to leave, or even call the police if they want to.

they can ask you to leave, which is their right...whether that right or not infringes on our 2nd amend. would be the question...And a question for the court to decide...But why would you try to risk everything, meaning your ability to carry OC or CC, to try and fight it, while getting a trespassing violation? It is their "right" to call the police or ban you if they so choose...Why is this so hard to understand? LOL. Just don't ******* go there? LOL

Post imported post

suntzu wrote:
    The fascination with walmart stems from the fact that they are the largest retailer in the country, and have more stores than the Chinese have tanks, and if you want to try and have a confronation over OC--walmart is the place to do it--but I also think some of it stems from the fact that there are people in the world who are just itching for a reason to get a lawsuit into federal court over Constitutional rights violations also....

trying to have a confronation does no one any good--especially not the 2nd Amend.
    Who is trying to have a confrontation? I for one am glad that I have never had a negative encounter while OCing.

Post imported post

glock10mm wrote:

* 53-5-710** Cross-references to concealed firearm permit restrictions.

* * ** A person with a permit to carry a concealed firearm may not carry a concealed firearm in the following locations:
    * * ** (1)* any secure area prescribed in Section 76-10-523.5 in which firearms are prohibited and notice of the prohibition posted;
    * * ** (2)* in any airport secure area as provided in Section 76-10-529; or
    * * ** (3)* in any house of worship or in any private residence where dangerous weapons are prohibited as provided in Section 76-10-530.

*http://www.livepublish.le.state.ut.u...rame.htm&2.0&p=
    they can ask you to leave, which is their right...whether that right or not infringes on our 2nd amend. would be the question...And a question for the court to decide...But why would you try to risk everything, meaning your ability to carry OC or CC, to try and fight it, while getting a trespassing violation? It is their "right" to call the police or ban you if they so choose...Why is this so hard to understand? LOL. Just don't @#$%ing go there? LOL
    We agree compketly.

Post imported post

You know, you would not be risking your OC or CC rights by getting a tresspass charge.

Anyway, the e-mails from Don Schultsies(sp?) are real. He acknowledged it himself when he told me to delete them as confidentiality laws blah blah blah.

Post imported post

double tap.