• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

question for all you guys

r6-rider

imported post

is it me or does OC steer girls away like no other?

i know im going to get the whole "who cares, defend yourself" but i was in the store the other day and tried to start a conversation with this good looking girl but once she saw the gun she did everything she could to break the small talk and get out of there. anyone else have this problem?

WARCHILD

imported post

Kinda, it seems every time I strike up a conversation with a hottie....my wife smacks me up side the head. So it never gets as far as my gun. I guess after 25yrs, she has the right to spoil my fun. :uhoh:

Carnivore

imported post

:lol::lol::celebrateGood one Warchild !!

Maybe it's the size of your gun that either intimidates or disintrest the opposite sex..:uhoh:

But hang on I'll be right Back with some Az. single female gun lovers..

Aran

Banned
imported post

The only girl who's ever had an issue with my open carrying is my fiancee's sister, and I gave up trying to get in HER pants years ago, so no issues here.

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

my own wife asks me to cover it up in the house because it scares her. sometimes I do, sometimes I tell her tough. We've had her friends come over and only one of them reacted badly to it. The others know me well enough to know thats just who I am and they seem fine with it. My step daughter has had friends over and I don't think they've even noticed it.

JBURGII

imported post

Maybe its regional.. I know around here a lot of the girls are used to a large hunter population, not to mention some of them I hate to admit, can out shoot me!... I have had VERY positive reaction from the females of this county.. only one that matters thought is my g/f who unfortunately is very slow to adapt to the 'gun' lifestyle.. sigh..

She wasn't too fond of the realtree lingerie I got her either.. go figure.. :D

WARCHILD

imported post

She wasn't too fond of the realtree lingerie I got her either.. go figure.

You need to tell her you got that so you could slowly peel the bark back to reveal the fruit of the bush. :celebrate

Armed

imported post

r6-rider wrote:

Perhaps they're overwhelmed by your magnanimous personality... ? ;)

Seriously tho - as a semi-quasi, single guy, I understand your frustration. I don't think most women are "conservatives" until they become mothers. Suddenly becoming responsible for a small child has a funny way of changing their way of thinking. That doesn't necessarily mean they are instantly turned on by guns... especially those being carried by strangers. Idiologically,you pose a threat - especially to single women who may view you as a potential "weirdo", stalker, whatever.

I don't think the kind of woman who valuesYOUfirst, along with the traditional concept of your role as the male protector... is the kind of woman youare going to meet casually in a bar.

I don't know anything about you, but you might want to consider more "traditional" venues of looking for a life-mate.

Happy hunting - er... luck, or ... whatever ;)

PikesPeakMtnMan

imported post

No woman I've met recently (since I started carrying) has reacted negatively towards my gun....it's actually helped me a couple times.

My g/f now is in the market for a gun for herself :celebrate and we go next month for her CHP class...I'm going again just cuz I get to shoot more. :lol:

r6-rider

imported post

well thats good to hear there is some hope then, i was actually thinking about leaving my gun in the car for a second. but i guess like mitch said, better to find out sooner then later.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

r6-rider wrote:
well thats good to hear there is some hope then, i was actually thinking about leaving my gun in the car for a second. but i guess like mitch said, better to find out sooner then later.

Or ease them into it rather than hitting them up'side the headwith it. My girlfriend was scared of it at first anddefinitely would have never talked to me initially if I was open carrying. Now she enjoys going shooting with me and likes the idea that I carry. People aren't born with their opinions, they're learned. It takes time to unlearn and relearn new opinions. Just because a girl is initially turned off by you carrying a gun doesn't mean she's branded as anti-gun for life. So if you're going out with the intention of meeting someone, conceal it or leave it inthe car.

r6-rider

imported post

that was my original plan. i dont know i guess ill just play it on what my mood is for that day

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Oh, I am definitely not looking. Not quite that stupid, I taught my wife how to shoot! :p

Well, I was going to chastise about your first post and ask when you were going to learn to leave the wifey at home when you want to converse with the young ladies...saves wear and tear on the melon.

However, in light of this additional information, I suggest two options. Full body armor, OR, stay at home.

r6-rider, here's what you do. If they run away at the sight of your upon carry gun, good riddence.
If they get all hot and bothered at the sight of your gun, YOU run like hell. They're just after your gun and don't care about you. DAMNED LEAD Diggers!!!!!

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

adultery.jpg

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

r6-rider wrote:

i know im going to get the whole "who cares, defend yourself" but i was in the store the other day and tried to start a conversation with this good looking girl but once she saw the gun she did everything she could to break the small talk and get out of there. anyone else have this problem?

When you hang around chicks like this:

l_c3904a96385b40d2ac2f1d0196e7a35d.jpg

They tend to be fine with it. That's me on the right...