• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting Mississippi

seca

imported post

I will be traveling to Hazlehurst for work but staying in Jackson. I live in Atlanta and do have a Georgia Firearms Licence. I will most likely be going to a couple restaurants and some general shopping. I know we have reciprocity but just wanted to know if there was anything I need to watch out for legal wise. In georgia we have a "public gathering" law that is very complicated. I have both my OC and CC holsters with me so I can carry either way.

imported post

Despite what the MS state constitution, article 3 sec 12 states, there is NO "right" to bear arms, according to the attorney general's office. It's THEIR opinion you only have the PRIVILEGE to concealed carry, requiring a permit. To listen to them, there's no such thing as open carry, as any part concealed is concealed carry.
Yes, I know, it doesn't make sense, but we ARE talking Mississippi government here.