Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I bought my first gun.

Post imported post

I got a Springfield XD 40. I saved for a few months little by little and finally made a trip to the gun show...I was also lookin at Sigs and a Glock, but these were too expensive. My XD fit right into my hand like it was meant to be, and fit my price range also...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Post imported post

Excellent choice. Now.....go out and shoot it.

Post imported post

Good for you, sir.

While it is fun to argue and debate which caliber is best, or which brand is best, the truth of the matter is that just HAVING the gun is best.

Now, get proficient, and get your Florida CCW!

Post imported post

Ah yes! New guns

Gratz!
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

hammer6 wrote:
    My XD fit right into my hand like it was meant to ...
    That's what I'm talking about. When it's right, you know it. Nice piece.

Post imported post

Congrats! my first pistol was an XD too. You won't be disappointed in that gun.

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

neddis wrote:
    Congrats! my first pistol was an XD too. You won't be disappointed in that gun.
    My second pistol was an XD. Since my first was a Keltec P3AT, that thing was like warm butter to shoot. Nice choice!

I couldn't tell you why if you asked me, but I never carry my XD or even shoot it very often. *Shrug* I guess I feel like it's too good for me.

Post imported post

The world seems a little different to you now, doesn't it? It's because you have chosen to avoid being a victim!

Post imported post

hammer6 wrote:
    My XD fit right into my hand like it was meant to be
    Sound Familar Guys ?

Don't worry, Springfield does this to all of us

Post imported post

My favorite handguns are my Springfield 1911's.

Post imported post

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

My first handgun that I actually purchased was an XD and I haven't regretted it since.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Great choice !!!! I have an XD45 and love it. And the 40 cal with the right ammo has very good knock down power. Great Choice!! now you've joined the ranks of the Sheepdogs!! Use your weapon with great health and watch over the sheeples
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Congrats! I have an XD40 that I find to be extremely accurate and haven't had one issue with it to make me regret that purchase. Springfield makes a fine product.
    I aim to misbehave

Post imported post

That was my first gun also, but mine was the bi-tone. I love it! I have had it about 2.5 years and have maybe 25,000 rds through it. I have shot every ammo you can think of and she never fails. I cleaner her after every shoot, just down the barrell and then disassemble her about every 1,000 rds.

You will love this gun!

Farmington,Port Huron,Waterford MICHIGAN, , USA

Post imported post

Wow nice! I hope you also got all the extra free goodies that come with it? As they are giving away extra mags and a case with it now.

Post imported post

Mine came with a holster, mag holster, speed loader, andthree clips, I have bought two more, a lock, and a barrel brush.

good luck with it.

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

M16a2 wrote:
    Wow nice! I hope you also got all the extra free goodies that come with it? As they are giving away extra mags and a case with it now.
    What do you mean now? I purchased my XD a couple years ago, and though the plastic case was a different design than what they now offer it still came with 2 mags, and the other goodies.

Post imported post

M16a2 wrote:
    i sent away for it earlier this week. 2 extra mags and a holder.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post imported post

diesel556 wrote:
    M16a2 wrote:
    What do you mean now?
    This is what he means;

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/19392.html

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

Oh ho! Sweet!

Post imported post

Congrats! The XD is a very nice gun...I own the .45 Service and have fired the 9 and .40.

Again...congrats!

Post imported post

I've got the same gun!

Post imported post

hammer6, congrats on the new gun and may she serve you well!

When i read this topic, i said "i'm jealous" aloud and my fiancee came in to see why lol. I showed her the picture and commented on what a nice gun it was...i'm thinking it'd make a nice christmas present !

The Springfield XD's are really nice guns. I have a Glock 19 and sometimes think i should have went with an XD. I love my Glock and have not had any problems. But i handled the XD's a few times and as you stated, it fit my hand perfectly and i love all the features. Maybe an XD will make a good .40 for me.

Post imported post

unarmed in westchester wrote:

When i read this topic, i said "i'm jealous" aloud and my fiancee came in to see why lol. I showed her the picture and commented on what a nice gun it was...i'm thinking it'd make a nice christmas present !

The Springfield XD's are really nice guns. I have a Glock 19 and sometimes think i should have went with an XD. I love my Glock and have not had any problems. But i handled the XD's a few times and as you stated, it fit my hand perfectly and i love all the features. Maybe an XD will make a good .40 for me.
    glock 19 was the first SA i shot. it is a good pistol, but i just like the way the XD felt in my hand. glock 19 was out of my price range, and plus i like that added safety on the handle. although i am a believer in the only real safety is your finger....but anyways- i'm asking "santa" for an AR-15 for christmas...MAY BOTH OUR WISHES COME TRUE!!!!

and thanks!:celebrate

Post imported post

unarmed in westchester wrote:

It's funny, I've had the same opinion about my XD...perhaps I should have bought the G17. The one problem with the XD that the Glock doesn't have is parts distribution. If you want to do a trigger job, change the sights, replace the magazine release, etc forget it on the XD...unless you send it back to Springfield. It's almost impossible to find aftermarket parts. I've carried my XD40 for a little over 3 years and have shot close to 50k rounds through it. The locking block finally gave up the ghost and started fracturing. I called Springfield for a replacement (it's only 3 pins holding the thing to the frame), and they said I had to return it. Now they replaced it real quick, but it really is a $20 part they could have overnighted to me (the work was under warranty).

I've disassembled my XD and a Glock hundreds of times, and these guns are basically brothers from another mother. I have no idea how Springfield kept from stomping on Glock's patents . Both are fabulous guns, and I really enjoy shooting them. Find the gun that fits your hand and go with it. Much easier to change guns than surgically replace your palm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast