• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I bought my first gun.

hammer6

imported post

I got a Springfield XD 40. I saved for a few months little by little and finally made a trip to the gun show...I was also lookin at Sigs and a Glock, but these were too expensive. My XD fit right into my hand like it was meant to be, and fit my price range also...

AZkopper

imported post

Good for you, sir.

While it is fun to argue and debate which caliber is best, or which brand is best, the truth of the matter is that just HAVING the gun is best.

Now, get proficient, and get your Florida CCW!

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

neddis wrote:
Congrats! my first pistol was an XD too. You won't be disappointed in that gun.
My second pistol was an XD. Since my first was a Keltec P3AT, that thing was like warm butter to shoot. Nice choice!

I couldn't tell you why if you asked me, but I never carry my XD or even shoot it very often. *Shrug* I guess I feel like it's too good for me.

KansasMustang

imported post

Great choice !!!! I have an XD45 and love it. And the 40 cal with the right ammo has very good knock down power. Great Choice!! now you've joined the ranks of the Sheepdogs!! Use your weapon with great health and watch over the sheeples:lol:

opusd2

imported post

Congrats! I have an XD40 that I find to be extremely accurate and haven't had one issue with it to make me regret that purchase. Springfield makes a fine product.

jmiahhenry

imported post

That was my first gun also, but mine was the bi-tone. I love it! I have had it about 2.5 years and have maybe 25,000 rds through it. I have shot every ammo you can think of and she never fails. I cleaner her after every shoot, just down the barrell and then disassemble her about every 1,000 rds.

You will love this gun!

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

M16a2 wrote:
Wow nice! I hope you also got all the extra free goodies that come with it? As they are giving away extra mags and a case with it now.
What do you mean now? I purchased my XD a couple years ago, and though the plastic case was a different design than what they now offer it still came with 2 mags, and the other goodies.

hammer6

imported post

M16a2 wrote:
Wow nice! I hope you also got all the extra free goodies that come with it? As they are giving away extra mags and a case with it now.

i sent away for it earlier this week. 2 extra mags and a holder.