• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WA Ammo Serialization

Vandal

imported post

Ok, I apologize if this has been brought up before and I missed it.

I just heard a disturbing rumor that someone in the great state of WA is trying to push through a ammo serialization law. I thought I had heard about something like this being struck down/ died in committee. Does anyone on the boards have any information about this that I missed?

ETA: I heard it died in committee. Any Proof for me to pass along to a buddy who is convinced that HB3359 is still active.

thebastidge

2519 E Fourth Plain Blvd, Vancouver Washington, US
imported post

It's always best to go to the source for these things. Chastise your friend for not doing the research himself. Adults take responsibility for themselves and the world around them.

Here's the bill you're referring to:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/billdocs/2007-08/Pdf/Bills/House%20Bills/3359.pdf

Here's the latest status:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=3359

It's not among the bills passed during the regular session:

http://www1.leg.wa.gov/documents/lic/Documents/Statistical%20Reports/cutoff.pdf

the3rdsam

imported post

Hello all, I am new to this site.

I emailed Tim Ormsby about this a few weeks ago and he said that this bill was never heard and "died in committee."

I dont think Washington has anything to fear from this bill.

shad0wfax

imported post

the3rdsam wrote:
Hello all, I am new to this site.

I emailed Tim Ormsby about this a few weeks ago and he said that this bill was never heard and "died in committee."

I also was told this died in committee, but not by a source in Olympia.

John Hardin

imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
the3rdsam wrote:

I also was told this died in committee, but not by a source in Olympia.
True, it died in committee last session. That does not mean it won't be revived or reintroduced. Our only hope is that the budget crisis will keep the legislature distracted from proposing more stupid laws like this one for a while.

The company that invented the technology continues to push for such laws nationwide - see various gun blogs for the current incarnations. This makes sense - that's the only way they will ever make any money off their patent. "Marketing by Legislation" should be prohibited.

This one is a zombie. It'll be back, keep your eyes open and be ready to respond quickly and with great vigor.