Thread: "Recent" posts and stickies

State Researcher

Post imported post

Is there any way the "Recent" view of the forums can be changed to not show all the stickied posts at the top?

I use "Recent" as a fast and easy way to see all the new posts on the forums without having to click on each individual state but recently there have been so many stickied posts that the real recent posts don't start getting shown until page 2.

Post imported post

lol, I'm sure many of us have been thinking this for days. :?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

MarkNH wrote:
    Is there any way the "Recent" view of the forums can be changed to not show all the stickied posts at the top?

I use "Recent" as a fast and easy way to see all the new posts on the forums without having to click on each individual state but recently there have been so many stickied posts that the real recent posts don't start getting shown until page 2.
    +1

Post imported post

Sticky posts will always stay at the top. The administrators designate posts as sticky to get them to the top. I doubt there is any way around it.

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    lol, I'm sure many of us have been thinking this for months. :?
    I corrected your quote.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

we sticky some state threads just to help open carry leaders in that state operate the thread like a ppor man's web site - hopefully this is temporary and these state leaders set up their own state open carry web sites or migrate key info to the state page link via state researchers to John.

Othere than that, we sticky what;s hot and put it on the hot topics threadf so it makes it to the frant page of OCDO - please navigate primarily from the home page at OpenCarry.org as action items oftyen have a short life span

State Researcher

Post imported post

I understand Mike but at the moment there are more than a dozen TX related stories you posted in hot topics clogging up the Recent page (there were more earlier but 8 stickies have been removed so far this morning since I started this topic).

I have no problem with important action items being up there but a lot of them are just news articles.

This is your web site and you can of course run it any way you want, I am just trying to make the point that the user experience would be a lot better for myself (and apparently others too) if the Recent page was more about recent posts and less about stickied news articles.