• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Recent" posts and stickies

MarkNH

State Researcher
imported post

Is there any way the "Recent" view of the forums can be changed to not show all the stickied posts at the top?

I use "Recent" as a fast and easy way to see all the new posts on the forums without having to click on each individual state but recently there have been so many stickied posts that the real recent posts don't start getting shown until page 2.

Carpetbagger

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MarkNH wrote:
Is there any way the "Recent" view of the forums can be changed to not show all the stickied posts at the top?

I use "Recent" as a fast and easy way to see all the new posts on the forums without having to click on each individual state but recently there have been so many stickied posts that the real recent posts don't start getting shown until page 2.
+1

xd.40

imported post

Sticky posts will always stay at the top. The administrators designate posts as sticky to get them to the top. I doubt there is any way around it.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

we sticky some state threads just to help open carry leaders in that state operate the thread like a ppor man's web site - hopefully this is temporary and these state leaders set up their own state open carry web sites or migrate key info to the state page link via state researchers to John.

Othere than that, we sticky what;s hot and put it on the hot topics threadf so it makes it to the frant page of OCDO - please navigate primarily from the home page at OpenCarry.org as action items oftyen have a short life span

MarkNH

State Researcher
imported post

I understand Mike but at the moment there are more than a dozen TX related stories you posted in hot topics clogging up the Recent page (there were more earlier but 8 stickies have been removed so far this morning since I started this topic).

I have no problem with important action items being up there but a lot of them are just news articles.

This is your web site and you can of course run it any way you want, I am just trying to make the point that the user experience would be a lot better for myself (and apparently others too) if the Recent page was more about recent posts and less about stickied news articles.

:)