Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Gun interview

Post imported post

Post imported post

"I voted Obama" NICE! I hope it doesn't put him out of business eventually.

Post imported post

buster81 wrote:
    "I voted Obama" NICE! I hope it doesn't put him out of business eventually.
    Serves him right if it does. I'm sure Obama will try to close the gun shop loophole. The loophole being that gun shops are allowed to sell guns.

Post imported post

I have always hated that shop and I have yet another reason to do so.
    The employees are rude and arrogant and their selection is pretty poor.
    Their range isn't ventilated well either.
    It all makes sense now w/ someone like that as the owner!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Wow. I'll take my business elsewhere.

Edit to add: I already wasn't happy with their service and the range, so it's not a tough decision for me.

Post imported post

If I recall, don't you work there, Rob?

Post imported post

I'm not sure the relavance to your question regarding the viewing of a video but I'll bite and anser your question.

To answer your question "Used to".

I no longer do. I 'm not promoting that place nor am I telling people not to go there.

If you asked for what my stance on this as a former employee, I have none, the Owner decided to do a public interviewtherefore hepretty much stated where his views lie, in doing so you can make your own opinion of what was was stated! this all I'll will tell you is that I exercised my rightsgranted by theconsitution and Ivoted and I'm not telling you who I voted for. I'm one ofthose people that believe in America -> the bill of rights means something and the second amendment is there for reason. I am also a single issue voter.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...784&page=2

Right but basically your voting against all the stuff your business does and supports! Please Pardon the PUN "SHOOTING ONESELF IN THE FOOT COMES TO MIND!"
    I have no problem with who anybody votes for I just don't want to know about it. If you vote for somebody thats your business. However, as soon as you state who you vote for you are making a completely differn't statement, then YOU must deal with the consequences that come with such a statement.

People do not remember what you said (in this case they might) they will not remember what you did, however, they will always remember how they made you feel.

Obama and guns is a very hot topic, if your a shop owner and you state that your voting for a known anti-gun candidate, regarless of what you meant when you made such statement, the generally public views it differen't than you must be prepared to deal with the consequences. In essence: Facts are skewed, and Preception is Fact to most of the people.

Smith is still dealing with the repricutions of there lock deal, and that custom rifle manufactor "forgot the name" is still dealing with outcry from the communtiy on on voting for the "O-Man".

http://www.gunbanobama.com/

FACT: Barack Obama opposes four of the five Supreme Court justices who affirmed an individual right to keep and bear arms. He voted against the confirmation of Alito and Roberts and he has stated he would not have appointed Thomas or Scalia.17

FACT: Barack Obama voted for an Illinois State Senate bill to ban and confiscate “assault weapons,” but the bill was so poorly crafted, it would have also banned most semi-auto and single and double barrel shotguns commonly used by sportsmen.18

FACT: Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.1

FACT: Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.15

FACT: Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.3

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a 500% increase in the federal excise tax on firearms and ammunition.9

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.4

FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense.5

FACT: Barack Obama supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.6

FACT: Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.

FACT: Barack Obama opposes Right to Carry laws.7

FACT: Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.”8

FACT: Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.9I guess if this gets passed, Blue Ridge has to shut down since Westfields Highschool is less than one Mile from the shop.

FACT: Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.10

FACT: Barack Obama voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.11

FACT: Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.12

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping.13

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory waiting periods.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.14

FACT: Barack Obama supports one-gun-a-month handgun purchase restrictions.16

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory firearm training requirements for all gun owners and a ban on gun ownership for persons under the age of 21.9

Post imported post

rob99vmi04 wrote:
    I'm not sure the relavance to your question regarding the viewing of a video but I'll bite and anser your question.

To answer your question "Used to".

I no longer do. I 'm not promoting that place nor am I telling people not to go there.

<snipped.. a lot>
    <slowly backs away...> Okay, no problem.. I just thought I remembered meeting you there last year...

Post imported post

Wasn't trying to be rude MY Bad!.

Post imported post

Wow. I won't be going there again. That's like an abortion doctor voting for Sarah Palin.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

He voted color. I'd bet a week's pay.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

He has every right to vote for who he wants. He really should have kept it private knowing his line of business. This kind of thing can RUIN a business. RUIN.

I am not a fan of BRA - they have no rangers - safety is questionable. I rarely go, now it is no question I won't go.

I really don't grasp how someone could vote for someone who CLEARLY has it out FOR THEIR LINE OF BUSINESS! It would be like a logger voting for a man who says he will ban the practice of logging!

Go ahead, vote for who you want. I will take my dollars to a range and gun shop that support the 2nd amendment.

Post imported post

Source: http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/2008...creased-sales/

Thankfully I've never purchased a firearm from Earl, only used range time. Makes you wonder what Earl will do when his President commands all 4473 forms be handed over. I've already heard from 2 people who canceled pending firearm sales, 3 who canceled their membership and many many more who will now frequent Silver Eagle over a shop where the owner sold out to make more money.

The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when youre serious and when youre being sarcastic. Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

What an idiot.

Post imported post

Can't wait for the range in Woodbridge to open up!

Post imported post

<snipped due to thread merge>

Post imported post

The range in Woodbridge that is being built looks better to me now!

Post imported post

He is in a video interview done by CBS and said he did. The link is in the OP.

Post imported post

Jeez. I've given them a lot of business, too, and have a membership there. I feel like I've been cheated.

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    I refuse to believe a gun shop owner voted for Obama.

Plain and simple, nobody is that stupid.
    I watched the video.

He either is that stupid, or he is lying about it. Neither prospect is particularly appealing.

TFred

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    I refuse to believe a gun shop owner voted for Obama.

Plain and simple, nobody is that stupid.
    Despite being on the video, he is sending out canned email responses to customers who questioned him regarding the video and said its true; although he didn't think the camera was rolling at the time (which is an odd claim as the video shows the reporter was holding a microphone in the open, directly in front of him when he stated he voted for Obama).

I don't think it is a matter of stupidity as much as a way for Earl to try and make more money off the panic buying which he hoped would ensue. Like how OSHA violations are allegedly being overlooked and not addressed on the side 1 pistol lanes. Why spend cash to fix it when it can be ignored.Who cares if the lead count of your customers is 4 times what it should be and the entire store reeks of smokeless powder.
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when youre serious and when youre being sarcastic. Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

I was there once and didn't really get the good feeling I geta G&A Warehouse and VA Arms Co. I haven't been back to BRAsince, and I am now highly unlikely to ever return in the future.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Scratch that place off my list.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I mean I just really don't get it. Like, Obama clearly has disdain for his livelihood. A crystal clear HATE for it. It would be like a logger voting for a member of Green Peace running for office!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    I mean I just really don't get it. Like, Obama clearly has disdain for his livelihood. A crystal clear HATE for it. It would be like a logger voting for a member of Green Peace running for office!
    Its like the peace of God. (Philippians 4:7)
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast