• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting Gun interview

ChinChin

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
I refuse to believe a gun shop owner voted for Obama.

Plain and simple, nobody is that stupid.

Despite being on the video, he is sending out canned email responses to customers who questioned him regarding the video and said its true; although he didn't think the camera was rolling at the time (which is an odd claim as the video shows the reporter was holding a microphone in the open, directly in front of him when he stated he voted for Obama).

I don't think it is a matter of stupidity as much as a way for Earl to try and make more money off the panic buying which he hoped would ensue. Like how OSHA violations are allegedly being overlooked and not addressed on the side 1 pistol lanes. Why spend cash to fix it when it can be ignored.Who cares if the lead count of your customers is 4 times what it should be and the entire store reeks of smokeless powder.

VApatriot

imported post

I was there once and didn't really get the good feeling I geta G&A Warehouse and VA Arms Co. I haven't been back to BRAsince, and I am now highly unlikely to ever return in the future.

hsmith

imported post

I mean I just really don't get it. Like, Obama clearly has disdain for his livelihood. A crystal clear HATE for it. It would be like a logger voting for a member of Green Peace running for office!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

hsmith wrote:
I mean I just really don't get it. Like, Obama clearly has disdain for his livelihood. A crystal clear HATE for it. It would be like a logger voting for a member of Green Peace running for office!
Its like the peace of God. (Philippians 4:7)

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I'm willing to forgive him, I'm not happy that he voted the way he did, but many here didn't vote for McCain either. In balance by maintaining a range and gun shop he does a lot more benefit for our RKBA than the detriment of any single vote. Conversely, we lose BRA, it will hurt entry level shooters as well as the shooting community as a whole.

Remember before we cast stones many here worked to get Chap Peterson elected and guess what? He campaigned for Obama, the power of his office on influencing voters did a lot more to get Obama elected than Earl Curtis's one vote for Obama.

Logically if you want to boycott Blue Ridge you also need to boycott OCDO.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

longwatch wrote:
I'm willing to forgive him, I'm not happy that he voted the way he did, but many here didn't vote for McCain either. In balance by maintaining a range and gun shop he does a lot more benefit for our RKBA than the detriment of any single vote. Conversely, we lose BRA, it will hurt entry level shooters as well as the shooting community as a whole.

Remember before we cast stones many here worked to get Chap Peterson elected and guess what? He campaigned for Obama, the power of his office on influencing voters did a lot more to get Obama elected than Earl Curtis's one vote for Obama.

Logically if you want to boycott Blue Ridge you also need to boycott OCDO.
Dammit, quit injecting sense into our outrage. :)

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I know everyone loves burning a heretic but we really need to realize that as much as we are mad at BRA, ranges are a lynchpin of our RKBA. They are more valuable than we appreciate sometimes, basically a convenient place to shoot is what expands our progun base. More ranges equals more progun voters. So I am not inclined to jeopordize BRA, especially when there are bigger fish to fry, like the upcoming GA session. So Mr Curtis gets a pass from me.

TFred

imported post

As longwatch posted on one of the other threads, what is your goal here? The ultimate result of not patronizing a business is to put them out of business.

Is that what we want to happen here? Who knows why the owner voted the way he did. Maybe he made a poor decision based on reasons that were not sound. No matter what your affiliation, either "nearly", or "slightly more than", half the country did that exact same thing.

Or maybe he is a shrewd businessman who realized that an Obama win would be good for sales.

No way to know another man's motives, but again, what is the result of your actions here?

TFred

ufcfanvt

imported post

TFred wrote:
As longwatch posted on one of the other threads, what is your goal here?  The ultimate result of not patronizing a business is to put them out of business.

Is that what we want to happen here?  Who knows why the owner voted the way he did.  Maybe he made a poor decision based on reasons that were not sound.  No matter what your affiliation, either "nearly", or "slightly more than", half the country did that exact same thing.

Or maybe he is a shrewd businessman who realized that an Obama win would be good for sales.

No way to know another man's motives, but again, what is the result of your actions here?

TFred

My goal is to put him out of business. He runs a poor shop anyways, so someone better should (AND WILL) step in if we put him out of business.
Even if his shop were run well, his judgment is obviously poor. I do not trust him with the sensitive information I will be giving him, by buying several guns from him.
I also do not wish that the profit from the guns I buy would go to gun-banning candidates. Obama raised ALOT of money and chances are, this a$$hat donated some as well.
If you read his written response, from another thread, it is clear that he does not hold the R2KBA in the same regard that I do.
There are several other fine gun stores in the surrounding areas (Guns and Ammo in Manassas, VA Arms, etc).
I will be doing my business with them. I do hope he's bought out by a true patriot, or at least that someone opens another store in Fairfax :)

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Holly crap. I seem to remember a lot of people dying to assure this guy the right to vote however he pleases. IF you don't like the way he voted fine dont shop there, but lets try to keep a lid on the name calling.

Can't this be handled in just one thread?

Regards

ufcfanvt

imported post

He votes however he wants.
I say whatever I want(incidentally, he could have neglected to mention his SECRET vote and we would have zero threads about this).
You shop wherever you want.

cREbralFIX

imported post

I agree: he can vote however he wants.

How is this not the same as that CEO of a custom gun manufacturer who gave money to the Obama campaign? That guy is out of a job.

He can call Lon Horiuchi and ask for his endorsement.

Or he can call Zumbo and ask for his endorsement on banning AR-15's.

This guy NEEDS to be put out of business, if only for the truly crappy gun shop.

ufcfanvt

imported post

You've got a loose thread hanging longwatch.
OCDO backing Peterson who LATER backs Obama does not compare to Mr Curtis voting for a man who has already betrayed gun owners at every chance he got.

He also may have spent some of our money, that we gave him happily, to help Obama get elected.

We have to choice to not vote for Peterson in the future and that's all we can really do to him.

We have to choice to stop shopping at BRA, and that's all we can really do to Mr Curtis.

We should all look into joining the many Issac Walton leagues in the area and support the NRA Range.
Also, if anyone here wants to buy out BRA after they're done, I'll be back :D:D

PS - Let me remind everyone who's bought a gun there, that he holds the forms with your name, address, and gun's serial #. Do you now trust him with it? Would he cave if the Obama-backed ATF wanted it without a warrant/cause?

cREbralFIX

imported post

The guy voted for THE ENEMY.

There's a huge difference between a member on a forum board promoting THE ENEMY and a gun store owner doing the same thing. The store owner makes a living supporting our rights AND needs to be promoting it.

Additionally, the guy has a truly crappy retail establishment. When I go in, the store frequently has next to no new guns on their shelves. They've loaded it up with a goofy brand of holsters and tons of tactical clothing. Prices are high. Customer service is just not good--don't even get me going on the gun store lawyering.

The clerk acted like he was doing me a favor by selling me a gun. It wasn't a pleasant experience and the overall time of the transaction exceeded 45 minutes.

So, if he goes under...someone will buy it. The range won't go away.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

What I find most amusing about all this is the implication that folks who voted for McCain are somehow stalwart defenders of their rights. "We prefer to fight the erosion of our rights slowly, when it's harder to get folks riled up over each little infringement. It's too easy to fight the nose-in-the-tent all-out attacks".

Can you really blame the guy for voting for the enemy when there is no ally to vote for?

Edit: And before someone with the utter predictability of politicians' doublespeak notices my location and thinks they're going to arrive at a clever inference, allow me to preemptively point out that I voted for Barr.