• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas CHL

rodbender

imported post

I have a Texas CHL. Iwill be passing throughMississippion my wayto Virginia. I was wondering if some of youcould enlighten me as to where it is legal to carry. More specifically, where it is illegal to carry.

Double_J

imported post

From the state code:

Any police, sheriff or highway patrol station: any detention facility, prison or jail.
· Any courthouse; any courtroom, except that nothing in this section shall preclude a judge from
carrying
a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his courtroom;
· Any polling place; any meeting place of the governing body of any governmental entity; any
meeting of
the Legislature or a committee thereof.
· Any public park unless for the purpose of participating in any authorized firearmsrelated
activity;
· Any school, college or professional athletic event not related to firearms;
· Any portion of an establishment, licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on
the premises, that is primarily devoted to dispensing alcoholic beverages; any portion of an
establishment in which beer or
light wine is consumed on the premises, that is primarily devoted to such purpose;
· Any elementary or secondary school facility; any junior college, community college, college or
university
facility unless for the purpose of participating in any authorized firearmsrelated
activity;
· Inside the passenger terminal of any airport, except that no person shall be prohibited from
carrying any legal firearm into the terminal if the firearm is encased for shipment ,for purposes
of checking such firearm as
baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft;
· Any church or other place of worship;
· Or any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law.
www.handgunlaw.us 32
· In addition to the places enumerated in this subsection, the carrying of a concealed pistol or
revolver may be disallowed in anyplace in the discretion of the person or entity exercising
control over the physical
location of such place by the placing of a written notice clearly readable at a distance of not less
than ten (10)
feet that the "carrying of a pistol or revolver is prohibited."
· No license issued pursuant to this section shall authorize the participants in a parade or
demonstration for which a permit is required to carry a concealed pistol or revolver

sorry about the formatting, my computer is acting up at the moment.