Thread: Reciprocity

Post imported post

I was on another BB a few minutes ago--http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/concealed-carry-issues-discussions/55933-virginia-drops-reciprocity-tennessee-3.html

and on this site it said that Virginia no longer recognizes the Tennessee hangun permit--I have went to both the Tennessee Dept. of Safety, as well as the Virginia State police websites and each one is stating that TN. permits are recognized by Virginia, and Virginia permits are recognized by Tn-with reciprocity....so which is to be believed?

Does anyone in Virginia know if VA still has a reciprocity agreement with TN, and whether TN permits are recognized in the Common Wealth? I'm not sure where the defensive carry site got their information--but it is in conflict with both the Virginia and Tennessee State Police websites..

Post imported post

The person who started that thread is obviously quite wrong. You click on the linkhe providedtheVAStatePolice and Tennessee is listedas having reciprocity with Virginia and if you goto Tennessee's web site same thing. And the other web site he provided (http://www.handgunlaw.us/) says the same thing.

Post imported post

It was cleared up on post #45 of the referenced thread.

Post imported post

hmmmm, which source should I believe, the Virginia State Police or some guy posting on the internet?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    hmmmm, which source should I believe, the Virginia State Police or some guy posting on the internet?
    lol...that's awesome

a better site for CC is

http://www.carryconcealed.net/

really easy to use and great maps for planning trips.

Post imported post

http://www.carryconcealed.net/doesn't show Missippissi and South Carolina as having reciprocity with Virginia which they do.

Post imported post

I've also found errors on concealedcarry.net and prefer handgunlaw.us.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    I've also found errors on concealedcarry.net and prefer handgunlaw.us.
    Handgunlaw.us has a basic flaw in its map generation, in that it assumes all permits held by the user are resident permits. There is no way to indicate that a permit from a given state is (non)residential.

If concealedcarry.net can update their reciprocity tables, they would generate the better map.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

2a4all wrote:
    Handgunlaw.us has a basic flaw in its map generation, in that it assumes all permits held by the user are resident permits. There is no way to indicate that a permit from a given state is (non)residential.

If concealedcarry.net can update their reciprocity tables, they would generate the better map.
    How do you figure that? There is a legend on the lower right that differentiates between resident and accepting all permits.

Am I missing something in what you are saying?
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

How about usacarry.com?

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    2a4all wrote:

How do you figure that? There is a legend on the lower right that differentiates between resident and accepting all permits.

The map itself should show in which states the user may CC, without having to refer to legends or footnotes to "mentally" cross out states that don't honor one or more of the user's permits.

Concealedcarry.net has the right idea, but they only assume one resident permit among those held by a user, when in fact (s)he could have several. Military personnel might have a valid resident CC permit from their home state and a valid resident CC permit issued by the state in which they are domiciled by virtue of their orders. Such individuals could easily be stationed in a state that doesn't honor their home state permit.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

2a4all wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    2a4all wrote:

The map itself should show in which states the user may CC, without having to refer to legends or footnotes to "mentally" cross out states that don't honor one or more of the user's permits.

Concealedcarry.net has the right idea, but they only assume one resident permit among those held by a user, when in fact (s)he could have several. Military personnel might have a valid resident CC permit from their home state and a valid resident CC permit issued by the state in which they are domiciled by virtue of their orders. Such individuals could easily be stationed in a state that doesn't honor their home state permit.
    I find that the handgunlaw.us map is easy to understand. Its either a resident only, or all permits accepted status. I see no problem with it...
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/