Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38

Thread: Get-together in Frankenmuth

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Secretary MOC, Inc. Frankenmuth, , USA
    Posts
    894

    Post imported post

    Alright, hopefully third times a charm for setting something up in Frankenmuth. There was interest in another thread to get together on the 27th, so let's set that as the tentative date. I'd say around 11 or 12 would be good, so we can eat, and walk around to some shops.

    Anyway, this is a lot of notice, and to the best of my knowledge there isn't a big festival that day and it isn't the start of a major hunting season, so there's no excuses this time ...except snow...

    So, let's do it!

  2. #2
    Regular Member dougwg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,445

    Post imported post

    Late season for private land Dec. 22nd - Jan 1st sorry...

    unless you meant January 27th?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Burton, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    241

    Post imported post

    its still bow and muzzle loading season.unless you mean next month?lmfao.yea i will go and give up one day of hunting.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Secretary MOC, Inc. Frankenmuth, , USA
    Posts
    894

    Post imported post

    I said START of a season....

    Damn you people! Get out of the woods for 5 hours and join us! It'll be a party!:celebrate

  5. #5
    Regular Member Generaldet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,073

    Post imported post

    Also, prime to to start coyote hunting end of the month. After deer season is winding down and over. It's full time coyote season. Anyone with me?

  6. #6
    Regular Member Generaldet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,073

    Post imported post

    Actually now that I think of that date specifically I already have tickets to the college hockey tournament at the Joe. I'm not that far from you either and the wife and I love going up there. Hopefully if your up for another time We'll make it out there with ya.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Secretary MOC, Inc. Frankenmuth, , USA
    Posts
    894

    Post imported post

    Generaldet wrote:
    Also, prime to to start coyote hunting end of the month. After deer season is winding down and over. It's full time coyote season. Anyone with me?
    FINE!!! I'm getting together with myself then! You guys have fun shooting those poor defenseless, cute, tasty, delicious, filling, wonde.....

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Burton, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    241

    Post imported post

    SQLtables wrote:
    Generaldet wrote:
    Also, prime to to start coyote hunting end of the month. After deer season is winding down and over. It's full time coyote season. Anyone with me?
    FINE!!! I'm getting together with myself then! You guys have fun shooting those poor defenseless, cute, tasty, delicious, filling, wonde.....
    shee.where?over there!!BANG.you hit it good job:celebrate.i thought you had a girlfriend so you should not have to play with your self or date your self.oh sh!@ did i type that out loud.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Secretary MOC, Inc. Frankenmuth, , USA
    Posts
    894

    Post imported post

    ruger45 wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:
    Generaldet wrote:
    Also, prime to to start coyote hunting end of the month. After deer season is winding down and over. It's full time coyote season. Anyone with me?
    FINE!!! I'm getting together with myself then! You guys have fun shooting those poor defenseless, cute, tasty, delicious, filling, wonde.....
    shee.where?over there!!BANG.you hit it good job:celebrate.i thought you had a girlfriend so you should not have to play with your self or date your self.oh sh!@ did i type that out loud.
    Well, that doesn't mean I don't find myself alone more often than I should.


  10. #10
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lansing area, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    6,445

    Post imported post

    SQLtables wrote:
    ruger45 wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:
    Generaldet wrote:
    Also, prime to to start coyote hunting end of the month. After deer season is winding down and over. It's full time coyote season. Anyone with me?
    FINE!!! I'm getting together with myself then! You guys have fun shooting those poor defenseless, cute, tasty, delicious, filling, wonde.....
    shee.where?over there!!BANG.you hit it good job:celebrate.i thought you had a girlfriend so you should not have to play with your self or date your self.oh sh!@ did i type that out loud.
    Well, that doesn't mean I don't find myself alone more often than I should.
    Besides he's the best he's ever had!
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Secretary MOC, Inc. Frankenmuth, , USA
    Posts
    894

    Post imported post

    Venator wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:
    ruger45 wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:
    Generaldet wrote:
    Also, prime to to start coyote hunting end of the month. After deer season is winding down and over. It's full time coyote season. Anyone with me?
    FINE!!! I'm getting together with myself then! You guys have fun shooting those poor defenseless, cute, tasty, delicious, filling, wonde.....
    shee.where?over there!!BANG.you hit it good job:celebrate.i thought you had a girlfriend so you should not have to play with your self or date your self.oh sh!@ did i type that out loud.
    Well, that doesn't mean I don't find myself alone more often than I should.
    Besides he's the best he's ever had!
    Absolutely! I don't need Guns and Buns to survive.


  12. #12
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lansing area, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    6,445

    Post imported post

    SQLtables wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:
    ruger45 wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:
    Generaldet wrote:
    Also, prime to to start coyote hunting end of the month. After deer season is winding down and over. It's full time coyote season. Anyone with me?
    FINE!!! I'm getting together with myself then! You guys have fun shooting those poor defenseless, cute, tasty, delicious, filling, wonde.....
    shee.where?over there!!BANG.you hit it good job:celebrate.i thought you had a girlfriend so you should not have to play with your self or date your self.oh sh!@ did i type that out loud.
    Well, that doesn't mean I don't find myself alone more often than I should.
    Besides he's the best he's ever had!
    Absolutely! I don't need Guns and Buns to survive.
    Man oh man is that an inside joke. But remember you don't need spices to eat food, but it makes it more fun.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Secretary MOC, Inc. Frankenmuth, , USA
    Posts
    894

    Post imported post

    Venator wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:
    ruger45 wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:
    Generaldet wrote:
    Also, prime to to start coyote hunting end of the month. After deer season is winding down and over. It's full time coyote season. Anyone with me?
    FINE!!! I'm getting together with myself then! You guys have fun shooting those poor defenseless, cute, tasty, delicious, filling, wonde.....
    shee.where?over there!!BANG.you hit it good job:celebrate.i thought you had a girlfriend so you should not have to play with your self or date your self.oh sh!@ did i type that out loud.
    Well, that doesn't mean I don't find myself alone more often than I should.
    Besides he's the best he's ever had!
    Absolutely! I don't need Guns and Buns to survive.
    Man oh man is that an inside joke. But remember you don't need spices to eat food, but it makes it more fun.
    OH, I definitely don't disagree with that!

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Flint, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    110

    Post imported post

    Are we setting up something official for 12/27 in F'muth?? We have another event to go to that evening & I think I might have my niece during the day, not sure yet if my brother has to work. Trying to get things on the calendar here!!

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Secretary MOC, Inc. Frankenmuth, , USA
    Posts
    894

    Post imported post

    MrsRuger45 wrote:
    Are we setting up something official for 12/27 in F'muth?? We have another event to go to that evening & I think I might have my niece during the day, not sure yet if my brother has to work. Trying to get things on the calendar here!!
    Who knows, it seems people are afraid to come up to Frankenmuth :P

    Seriously though, I don't know.. I'm OK with the date, but nobody else ever seems interested..

  16. #16
    Regular Member Generaldet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,073

    Post imported post

    We are going to go to the hockey games on Sunday instead of Saturday. The wife an I will come up. I have had a craving for breakfast at Tony's anyway!

  17. #17
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,830

    Post imported post

    I can make it on the 27th, or pretty much any other weekend date. Even if only a few people show up, it doesn't matter. Only takes 2 people to call it a meeting.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

    The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Burton, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    241

    Post imported post

    has anyone set aa time yet.it would be better for mrs.ruger and i if it was around noon.we could meet at tonys and eat and then to frankenmuth and fart around.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Secretary MOC, Inc. Frankenmuth, , USA
    Posts
    894

    Post imported post

    ruger45 wrote:
    has anyone set aa time yet.it would be better for mrs.ruger and i if it was around noon.we could meet at tonys and eat and then to frankenmuth and fart around.
    Noon sounds good to me. Let's officially make it noon.

    Tonys in Birch Run? It's not too far off I-75, so that might work as a good place to meet up, and then drive into Frankenmuth, assuming people are all set as far as transporting goes. Otherwise we could just find some place in Frankenmuth to eat. To be honest, I haven't OCed in any of the restaurants here.

  20. #20
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,830

    Post imported post

    Long as they don't serve booze or kick us out we're all set.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

    The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

  21. #21
    Regular Member Generaldet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,073

    Post imported post

    I think we'll be ok. Tony's is an old truck stop (now a little more updated) and they are extremely hunter friendly. So even though I haven't carried there yet I think we'll be fine.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Secretary MOC, Inc. Frankenmuth, , USA
    Posts
    894

    Post imported post

    Michigander wrote:
    Long as they don't serve booze or kick us out we're all set.
    No booze... no promises on not getting kicked out though.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Burton, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    241

    Post imported post

    i also think we will be fine if not we will take our money some where else.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Secretary MOC, Inc. Frankenmuth, , USA
    Posts
    894

    Post imported post

    OK, so we're meeting at Tony's around noon then.

    For anybody who doesn't know, here is a map to Tony's in Birch Run,headWest off of I-75;it'll be on your right.

    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...13&iwloc=A

    After we eat, we can just convoy to Frankenmuth, or even shop around Birch Run I suppose. It's probably about 10-15 minutes into Frankenmuth from Tony's, so I guess it's up to the group what we do.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Burton, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    241

    Post imported post

    SQLtables wrote:
    OK, so we're meeting at Tony's around noon then.

    For anybody who doesn't know, here is a map to Tony's in Birch Run,headWest off of I-75;it'll be on your right.

    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...13&iwloc=A

    After we eat, we can just convoy to Frankenmuth, or even shop around Birch Run I suppose. It's probably about 10-15 minutes into Frankenmuth from Tony's, so I guess it's up to the group what we do.
    i have to go to frankenmuth so i can go to the chocalete store for some goog candy and the cheese store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •