• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ammo

kparker

imported post

I don't expect Obama to do anything significant against gun rights his first term. so I didn't rush out and buy a bunch of ammo, mags or new guns as I already have most of what I need for personal defense and sporting purposes.

I made some very significant purchases, but I made them a little before the election when prices were still "normal". (In fact, it was during the time period when Cheaper Than Dirt had instituted an approx. 20% across-the-board decreasae in the price of their ammo.)

It seemed like a prudent thing to do: prices were coming down a bit, there was certainly some risk in the future, and it's not like I won't eventually shoot it all up! :)

PolskiG

imported post

Just purchased andcompleted my brandnewLMT upper and bushmaster lowerAR-15 today, total spent: $947.00, I couldn't believe my luck with prices the way they are now I had to dig a little.

Now its for sale for $1600.00, any takers? ~ JK

***actually I lied.I willneed a stock kit to make itcomplete, anyone have one they want to sell me???***

Granum

imported post

Paladin_Havegun_Willtravel wrote:
I was at my local Wal-Mart last night and they had plenty of Ammo on hand, at regular Wal-Mart prices. :)

I wish it was the same here. Don't get me wrong they do have a fair bit of ammo on the shelf. :cuss:BUT NONE I WANT:cuss:. any way talked to the department manager about when they would have some in. She just shrugged and said the warehouse was out of stock so she had no clue.

I guess one of the down falls or pluses of being on the Olympic Peninsula is the isolation.

fire suppressor

imported post

Was in sportsmas warehouse in silverdale the other day, they only had ONE box of .40 cal in the entier store. And good luck trying to buy any kind og clips right now. Its like Y2K for gun owners out there

Granum

imported post

took me forever (3 days) to find a place to order some 15 rd magazines for my P85. don't know if they will send me an email saying there on back order but hey what can u do in these time

amlevin

imported post

I'm able to get all the 9mm I want at $0.10/round and .223/5.56 for $.16/round. You might say "I own the Factory". Consider reloading and you too will see prices like this for your favorite round.

I pay $100 per thousand for 9mm vs. $190 that it would cost me at Wal Mart (based on last shopping trip) and $160 per thousand for .223 that would cost me an average of $400 for the same amount.

With the salvage markets in the tank, brass is now way cheaper and in many cases free if you ask. Ranges are almost at the point of having to pay to have it hauled off.

Nosrac

imported post

amlevin wrote:
I'm able to get all the 9mm I want at $0.10/round and .223/5.56 for $.16/round. You might say "I own the Factory". Consider reloading and you too will see prices like this for your favorite round.

I pay $100 per thousand for 9mm vs. $190 that it would cost me at Wal Mart (based on last shopping trip) and $160 per thousand for .223 that would cost me an average of $400 for the same amount.

With the salvage markets in the tank, brass is now way cheaper and in many cases free if you ask. Ranges are almost at the point of having to pay to have it hauled off.

And besides all that I find reloading relaxing and enjoyable.My dad, son and I will sit and reload 9's and 45's when I go visit. Between us we have 3 reloaders so we can keep the ammo going.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I got to the gun show early today. I was actually let in 20 minutes early due to my uncle being in a wheel chair. We headed right for the ammo supplies to check out prices. 7.62x39 was at $160 for 700 surplus round tins. By the time we left at 1pm it was up to $240 for the same 700 rounds. Most folks who has small batches at their tables it ran $1 per round.

500 reloaded rounds of .38special $85
500 reloaded rounds of .45 $130
other prices were just out of hand as well.

When I called on Friday Dan and Mary's had 7.62x39 for $160 for a 800 round surplus tin.

adamsesq

imported post

If you have one near you (southern and central WA) it is really hard to beat Bi-Mart. 250 packs of 9mm running about $60 and .40 running about $75 right now. Remington UMC. In .40 you can get 165 or 180g but not sure what choices they have in 9mm as everyone I have tried is out.

-adamsesq

bluer1

imported post

Um...you guys know theres a bunch at Survival Arms in bellevue? Pmags and alum. mags too for .223...I was there the other day picking up a new toy and I said to the guy, "Wow, you must not get much business here, these are flying off the shelf elsewhere" He said, "Yeah, no-one really knows about this place" He also has a bunch of ARs and AKs.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

bluer1 wrote:
Um...you guys know theres a bunch at Survival Arms in bellevue? Pmags and alum. mags too for .223...I was there the other day picking up a new toy and I said to the guy, "Wow, you must not get much business here, these are flying off the shelf elsewhere" He said, "Yeah, no-one really knows about this place" He also has a bunch of ARs and AKs.
Plus Jason (the owner) is top notch. I bought my first two pistols there a few years back (P3AT and later an XD9).

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Not my ad but I found this this morning....

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bar/957232216.html

500 rounds of .357 ammo and 200 rounds .38 special ammunition. About half are Jacketed Hollow Points and the rest are plinkers. Problem is I don't have a .357 anymore...

Retail they'd cost around $250 before tax.(Best price from cabelas) I'll let them go for less. $150 OBO

Considering the gun show prices I saw yesterday this is a good deal. I've exchanged a few emails with the guy and he said "I think there about half reload and half new. I got them from a cop in Tacoma and he used the plastic storage boxes to store his shells. There are several boxes still in the original box which are obvious but I can’t tell about the ones in the plastic boxes. He told me there were all new but…."

bluer1

imported post

You can't sell ammo on craigslist. Sex and stolen merchandise, but not ammo. What a country!

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Armed4Life wrote:
There are three things in this life that you can never have too much of:  Time, Money and Ammunition

There are FOUR things in this life that you can never have too much of: Time, Money, GUNS, and Ammunition!

I'm so close to a 12 step program it's not funny. "Hi, my name is ********** and I can't walk into a gun store/pawn shop without buying a gun".

Been that way for years. :quirky

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

The Walmart in Renton has quite a bit (at least a case or two) of Blazer 9mm for $8.97/box. They had other brands as well.

They also had a bunch of 40 S&W (Don't remember price) and some 45 ACP (~$18/box).