• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CNN talking Second Amendment

Gordie

imported post

marine77 wrote:
Wayne Lapierre sucks!! If nobody likes that, tough!!

Wow, what a well thought out, articulately written, well documented argument. I guess that there is no point in debating your position, you've obviously got all of the facts.:shock:

Now seriously, if you have an intelligent argument, present it. Do you disagree with what Wayne said in the video? Do you disagree that Obama is a threat to our rights? Do you disagree that Obama has voted many times against our rights? Do you disagree that many people are buying guns because they fear a future ban?

Or do you just not like Wayne personally?

Really, your statement is just too vague. You need to be a little more precise in your presentation, if for no other reason than just to narrow down the reasons for your feelings, so that the rest of us know rather to agree or disagree with you.:lol:

SlackwareRobert

imported post

What gun law gains under Bush? Maybe the parks rules changes, but I doubt
CNN even knows about that one yet. The "repeal" of Clintons "assault ban" was
signed by Bill Clinton himself. Bush argued for the DC ban, the only bright side
is Obama can hardly be worse than him.

Maybe Obama can calm the fears of us gun owners, by having his
Car Zar mandate the US autos have holsters for every occupant, and storage racks
for magazines and speedloaders that are readily accessible for the driver.
This might give them an edge over the imports, where they can't even have
the test equipment to simulate a gun.

When Obama hold a press conference holding an AR-15, and an AK slung over
his sholder and announces to the entire country, "These are not Assault Weapons!"
they are look alikes, not shoot alikes, and are perfectly OK for anyone to own."

Then I will relax, but don't know if I will sell mine back or not.:uhoh: After all
we are still only a Clinton bribe away from Biden taking over. Bush never
did round up all thier hit men.

As for the Gun questionaire....
Perfectly OK, after all with the type of crooks he hangs out with and hires,
he doesn't need another Vince Foster to cause trouble by shooting themselves,
then carrying the gun out to a federal park, and breaking the law. :shock:

marine77

imported post

Gordie wrote:
marine77 wrote:

Wow, what a well thought out, articulately written, well documented argument. I guess that there is no point in debating your position, you've obviously got all of the facts.:shock:

Now seriously, if you have an intelligent argument, present it. Do you disagree with what Wayne said in the video? Do you disagree that Obama is a threat to our rights? Do you disagree that Obama has voted many times against our rights? Do you disagree that many people are buying guns because they fear a future ban?

Or do you just not like Wayne personally?

Really, your statement is just too vague. You need to be a little more precise in your presentation, if for no other reason than just to narrow down the reasons for your feelings, so that the rest of us know rather to agree or disagree with you.:lol:

O. K. The Lautenburg Amendment. I wrote him about my situation when in the military. I wouldn't sign a piece of paper saying that i had never blah, blah, and everything else. Because i wouldn't sign a piece of paper i was given a bad fitness report for not following orders, i told the First Seargent that has corny as it sounds i believed that we took an oath to uphold and defend the constitution and anybody who signed the paper took the constitution and threw it out the window. It's a law that is unlawful. I couldn't take my weapon and qualify with it, need to do it every year to get rank, etc. The military wouldn't even let me touch one to clean it even. (Didn't mind that one too much, lol.) And they tried to scare me by saying i was going in front of the man to get rank taken away plus some money and time spent to do some "extra" work. Bah!!! I told them to be sure and have somebody there from JAG to represent me, and had every intention of notifying the media.

I discussed this with Mr. Lapierre, and he had the gall to say that i should "follow orders". BS!! That is why i didn't have a tour in Iraq (something good did happen from it) and why after 15 years i got out of the military because i couldn't re-enlist because i wouldn't sign the said piece of paper. Some people think i mucked up, but i was standing on my principles and wouldn't back down. I have for a while talked the talk, but now past the process of getting my permit, just waiting for it now, and i'm going to be walking thewalk when i get it by OC'ing and letting others know what i think about the 2ndA. And that's why i have nothing to do with Mr. Lapierre or the NRA, thank you very much.

Hope that answers your question.

Gordie

imported post

O. K. The Lautenburg Amendment.
The Lautenberg Amendment deals with domestic violence. Unless you have a domestic violence conviction on your record this should have no effect on you personally.
I wrote him about my situation when in the military. I wouldn't sign a piece of paper saying that i had never blah, blah, and everything else.
What exactly was the "blah, blah, and everything else" on this paper? Was it to say that you had no domestic violence convictions on your record? That you would not commit domestic violence in the future? Both?

Because i wouldn't sign a piece of paper i was given a bad fitness report for not following orders, i told the First Seargent that has corny as it sounds i believed that we took an oath to uphold and defend the constitution and anybody who signed the paper took the constitution and threw it out the window.

There are many unconstitutionalregulations in the military. It is accepted that since the military operates in unique circumstances, they operate under different rules. Why take a stand on this issue?
It's a law that is unlawful.

Agreed. Although it was well intentioned,it was poorly written and implemented, and wasfar too overreaching, takingrights away from some people who posed no threat to anybody. There are many laws that are unconstitutional, why focus on this law to protest? Not arguing, just curious.
And they tried to scare me by saying i was going in front of the man to get rank taken away plus some money and time spent to do some "extra" work. Bah!!! I told them to be sure and have somebody there from JAG to represent me, and had every intention of notifying the media.
Why didn't younotify the media?

I discussed this with Mr. Lapierre, and he had the gall to say that i should "follow orders".

I'm sure that he wasn't the only one to give this advice. Does everyone who gave similar advice "suck" too?
That is why i didn't have a tour in Iraq (something good did happen from it) and why after 15 years i got out of the military because i couldn't re-enlist because i wouldn't sign the said piece of paper.
And except for this one incidence you had an exemplary record? You should get a lawyer and sue, if you are right, you might win and get your retirement benefits awarded.
Some people think i mucked up, but i was standing on my principles and wouldn't back down.
As we all know, sometimes you can be right and still lose.

I have for a while talked the talk, but now past the process of getting my permit, just waiting for it now, and i'm going to be walking thewalk when i get it by OC'ing and letting others know what i think about the 2ndA.

Why do you need a permit to OC?Requiring a permit to OC would be in direct violation of the 2ndAmendment.

I find it strange that you would sacrifice 15 years of military service in protest of a well meaning but poorly written and executed law, then turn around and comply with a clearly unconstitutional law that simply can not be justified by any means.

Since you are getting the permit you obviously have no conviction on your record, otherwise you would not be permitted to own a gun.
And that's why i have nothing to do with Mr. Lapierre or the NRA, thank you very much.

Not really, I still don't understand how Wayne Lapierre is responsible for your decisions and actions. If you are going to take a stand you must be prepared to accept all consequences. This is why most people will not fight when it comes down to it. Most people are simply not willing to risk everything.

Unless support was promised and not delivered, I don't see how this is Wayne's or the NRA's fault.

Don't get me wrong, I am a frequent critic of the NRA. I just don't like personal attacks on someone withoutsomething solid to back it up.

marine77

imported post

Gordie wrote:
O. K. The Lautenburg Amendment.
The Lautenberg Amendment deals with domestic violence. Unless you have a domestic violence conviction on your record this should have no effect on you personally.
I wrote him about my situation when in the military. I wouldn't sign a piece of paper saying that i had never blah, blah, and everything else.
What exactly was the "blah, blah, and everything else" on this paper? Was it to say that you had no domestic violence convictions on your record? That you would not commit domestic violence in the future? Both?

Because i wouldn't sign a piece of paper i was given a bad fitness report for not following orders, i told the First Seargent that has corny as it sounds i believed that we took an oath to uphold and defend the constitution and anybody who signed the paper took the constitution and threw it out the window.

There are many unconstitutionalregulations in the military. It is accepted that since the military operates in unique circumstances, they operate under different rules. Why take a stand on this issue?
It's a law that is unlawful.

Agreed. Although it was well intentioned,it was poorly written and implemented, and wasfar too overreaching, takingrights away from some people who posed no threat to anybody. There are many laws that are unconstitutional, why focus on this law to protest? Not arguing, just curious.
And they tried to scare me by saying i was going in front of the man to get rank taken away plus some money and time spent to do some "extra" work. Bah!!! I told them to be sure and have somebody there from JAG to represent me, and had every intention of notifying the media.
Why didn't younotify the media?

I discussed this with Mr. Lapierre, and he had the gall to say that i should "follow orders".

I'm sure that he wasn't the only one to give this advice. Does everyone who gave similar advice "suck" too?
That is why i didn't have a tour in Iraq (something good did happen from it) and why after 15 years i got out of the military because i couldn't re-enlist because i wouldn't sign the said piece of paper.
And except for this one incidence you had an exemplary record? You should get a lawyer and sue, if you are right, you might win and get your retirement benefits awarded.
Some people think i mucked up, but i was standing on my principles and wouldn't back down.
As we all know, sometimes you can be right and still lose.

I have for a while talked the talk, but now past the process of getting my permit, just waiting for it now, and i'm going to be walking thewalk when i get it by OC'ing and letting others know what i think about the 2ndA.

Why do you need a permit to OC?Requiring a permit to OC would be in direct violation of the 2ndAmendment.

I find it strange that you would sacrifice 15 years of military service in protest of a well meaning but poorly written and executed law, then turn around and comply with a clearly unconstitutional law that simply can not be justified by any means.

Since you are getting the permit you obviously have no conviction on your record, otherwise you would not be permitted to own a gun.
And that's why i have nothing to do with Mr. Lapierre or the NRA, thank you very much.

Not really, I still don't understand how Wayne Lapierre is responsible for your decisions and actions. If you are going to take a stand you must be prepared to accept all consequences. This is why most people will not fight when it comes down to it. Most people are simply not willing to risk everything.

Unless support was promised and not delivered, I don't see how this is Wayne's or the NRA's fault.

Don't get me wrong, I am a frequent critic of the NRA. I just don't like personal attacks on someone withoutsomething solid to back it up.

I have not had are will i ever have a case of domestice violence on my record, i don't hit women, i know domestic violence is supposedly more than this, but that is "there" definition, not mine.

What else is "blah, blah, blah" supposed to mean concerning domestic violence, what part of domestic violence don't you understand?

Why do you take the stand on 2nd Amendment rights? Why do you carry (if you do)? Given the military dosen't give a person the rights they afford the American people, but there are some rights that only the man upstairs has inherently given everybody.

For what?

Possibly.

Other than that incident, i had a good record, not exemplary record because i have had to go in front of the man for different things, have pay and rank taken away. I am not the superman and yes man that would kiss everybody's patootie every time they wanted me too. But all in all, I've been discharged honorably four times and decorated for all the services i had.

Why would i need a license to OC? DUH! Two wrongs don't make a right. You find it strange, i call it standing for my rights.

Well think about what you want, and I'll do the same. Wayne Lapierre and NRA is not responsible for my actions. THE ONLY ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR ME IS ME. I have taken the consequences of my actions, and always will. And that is the reason I'm still hanging in there. My opinon on this is still that, my opinon. And if you don't think that this is solid in enough for you, i remind you of the first post.

Gordie

imported post

marine77

Your avoidance of direct answers tomost of my questions are all of the answer I need.

Most of all, you failed to show where you had been wronged by Wayne Lapierre. You, yourself said "Wayne Lapierre and NRA is not responsible for my actions. THE ONLY ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR ME IS ME."

If you are going to personally attack someone in a public forum, you need to have something solidto base it on, otherwise it becomes nothing more than flame wars.

KansasMustang

imported post

marine77 wrote:
Gordie wrote:
marine77 wrote:

O. K. The Lautenburg Amendment. I wrote him about my situation when in the military. I wouldn't sign a piece of paper saying that i had never blah, blah, and everything else. Because i wouldn't sign a piece of paper i was given a bad fitness report for not following orders, i told the First Seargent that has corny as it sounds i believed that we took an oath to uphold and defend the constitution and anybody who signed the paper took the constitution and threw it out the window. It's a law that is unlawful.
It didn't answer mine, Marine. Part the first, when you enlisted in the Marines as I assume you did? What part of your oath did you not understand? As a Marine you had no rights under the constitution. You only had the rights guarenteed you under the UCMJ Article 31 to be exact.
What paper would you not sign? Sorry, but after 25 years US Army at te rank of Sergeant Major, I think I understood the UCMJ and all the articles thereof. Tell me so I'll know??

marine77

imported post

Well I'm sorry i can't explain it good enough for you Gordie, i don't need a picture drawn out for every little explanation that i need. But it is true i may not have explained it good enough, mind at times seems to go off like a rabbit while my fingers are along the lines of a turtle.:lol:

KansasMustang: I don't know what piece of paper it was, that was over 11 years ago. All i know was everybody was supposed to be happy when it was signed except me. Just like you, i was in the military long enough to get slapped by the UCMJ and helped by it.

But if there is any thing else, my first post on this subject still stands.

Gordie

imported post

marine77 wrote:
Well I'm sorry i can't explain it good enough for you Gordie, i don't need a picture drawn out for every little explanation that i need. But it is true i may not have explained it good enough, mind at times seems to go off like a rabbit while my fingers are along the lines of a turtle.:lol:

KansasMustang: I don't know what piece of paper it was, that was over 11 years ago. All i know was everybody was supposed to be happy when it was signed except me. Just like you, i was in the military long enough to get slapped by the UCMJ and helped by it.

But if there is any thing else, my first post on this subject still stands.

Sounds like a drive by to me.

You tell a story that affected your life and yet,you can't give details.

You avoid giving direct answers to direct questions.

You make a personal attack with nothing to justify it.

Sorry, but I don't buy it.

KansasMustang

imported post

That's quite alright Marine, I understand. I could acyually care less what you think of Wayne Lapierre. You most assuredly have your right to your opinion. I just know that after 33 years of being an NRA member that without the NRA many more of our 2A rights would be gone. Yes, they're not always tough enough in their stance, but for a long time their's was the only voice in an ever darkening wilderness, and a bunch of these newbie gun rights activist organizations coming up were not even a gleam in their daddies eye yet.
BTW I was never slapped by the UCMJ. if you didn't notice the rank insignia posted. I didn't achieve that rank by not knowing the UCMJ, but by knowing how to avoid getting caught.:D