• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Amazing

gman11377

imported post

Not sure if this is this is the right place, if not feel free to move it. I was banned from an internet forum for OC. Yep, you heard correctly. I was a member of a watch enthusiast forum, and posted photos of a new rolex that my wife suprised me with. They were candid shots as I opened it, and I was wearing my M&P .45. Oh lord did the SHTF. Every hoplophobe in the world was terrified that my pistol was going to leap out of computer screens worldwide and cause mass death, and destruction. Long story short after attempting to courteously but firmly defend myself, I was banned from the forum. Wow we have come to a pretty pass when even a picture of a firearm terrifies people into this sort of reaction. Would love to post quotes of some of these, but aside from being banned, the posts were also deleted. Anybody else have anything like this happen?

BTW these were just innocent photos of myself, wife and daughter sitting on the living room floor opening a box, the gun itself showed up in the photos just like all of the other inanimate objects in the room.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Welcome to OCDO!!!!

Ignore my compatriots lack of welcome. They get in reading mode and sometimes overlook that a hearty welcome is an appropriate post. (hint, hint to forum members)

Seems to me I've heard of an isolated case here and there.

Now you know why the Founders distrusted democracy, setting up a republican form of government.

I came across a quote recently from Ayn Rand. It goes something like,"The smallest minority is the individual. Those who won't protect the rights of an individual cannot claim to be interested in protecting minorities."

Was the watch enthusiast forum mainly in the US? Europe?

gman11377

imported post

Thank you for your warm welcome. The forum was based mainly in the us, as judging by most of the members. It doesn't really matter, as after I found out about their bias, I didn't care to have much more to do with them. I was suprised though as I had been a member for over 3 yrs (that was my first real post).

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Heh, heh.

You've just given the agitator in me an idea!

"Forum OC." Who OC's on their internet forums?

Maybe we can make a thread for reports. "I OC'd on such-and-such car forum. No complaints. Arguments about my choice of wheels mysteriously stopped. :))

gman11377

imported post

I think that had I not been banned, every single one of my next posts would've contained a firearm in some way. Already had made a beautifulpic of my M&P with the rolex hanging off the barrel, just ready to go. Not menacing, just present.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

gman11377 wrote:
I think that had I not been banned, every single one of my next posts would've contained a firearm in some way. Already had made a beautifulpic of my M&P with the rolex hanging off the barrel, just ready to go. Not menacing, just present.
That really would have fired them up into a frenzy. :)

rmodel65

imported post

well gman glad to have you, where in GA are you from? im in south ga in brunswick.
id also like to mention GCO http://www.georgiacarry.org they are fighting for you right to OC and CC in GA and have monstrous strides in our state. im excited about this upcoming legislative session to see what they will accomplish next. also make sure to journey on over to GPDO http://www.georgiapacking.org they have all of GA's gun laws in plain english and a great forum for more technical questions :)

watches are expensive id make sure i was carrying to protect it :p

gman11377

imported post

I'm in Valdosta, and have visited GCO, and gapacking, will sign up for GCO as soon as I get past the holidays with my wallet intact?

tito887

imported post

lucky for you that you weren't charged with something like "cyber bullying." The frailaties in our modern society is astounding:what:

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Wow, what a turd! This is the first post from somebody that did not like the sight of his "offensive gun"

gettocard
"TRF" Member

Originally Posted by gman11377
Hey porsche pm me and I'll tell ya about the iron, have had some kinds of ugliness today over it (not on this forum). Just don't want to bother anyone over it.Bravo.
Again,I feel offended by that gun sight,especially near a young children.

I ask moderators to cancel this topic and warn this individual about posting more appropriate pictures in the future.

Moderators please take action

Jackie.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

This must be the "offensive photo" that jackie was so disgusted by.

Look at the smile on that little girls face! I can tell exactly what she is thinking...

Tori thought:
Daddy, I am so grateful that you choose to arm yourself to protect me. I love you!
BTW... Welcome to OCDO! :celebratePost often, and carry always!
firstrolex6.jpg

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well!!! I for one am thoruughly offended! where is the fashion police?:cuss:

I mean, everyone knows that it is uncouthe to mix a black holster, black firearm and a BROWN belt.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH the hoorrors :banghead:

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Well!!! I for one am thoruughly offended! where is the fashion police?:cuss:

I mean, everyone knows that it is uncouthe to mix a black holster, black firearm and a BROWN belt.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH the hoorrors :banghead:
+1, oh wait, I do the same thing sometimes :uhoh:

From the quoted post above it sounds like you tried to deescalate. It wasn't your problem in the first place, but bravo for trying to be the better man.

gman11377

imported post

Hmm shoulda thought about the brown and black, but in my defense I WAS wearing brown shoes ( I think). Thanks for all the great responses, and have now found another forum to post on for my hobby that is much more welcoming of my freedoms.

BTW I have a brown firearm too, but a .41 ruger blackhawk is a PITA to carry all day.

ps, it is amazing how cross linked the internet is these days, I found myselfwowed that someone found the picture of me on another forum, and posted my goofy looking butt here.

D

rady8um

imported post

I feel offended by the sight of that child in obvious danger in that photo. The terror in her eyes is overwhelming. Have you no heart?

Nice watch too, just make sure we don't have to see it in the next open carry photo of yourself.:D

Seriously though, anybody can tell that girl seriously loves her daddy, nice job!

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

gman11377 wrote:
ps, it is amazing how cross linked the internet is these days, I found myselfwowed that someone found the picture of me on another forum, and posted my goofy looking butt here.

Yes, Google is amazing! Hope you don't mind, but I thought that picture was precious!

It belongs at the top of the page with the other families!

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

Again,I feel offended by that gun sight,especially near a young children.

I ask moderators to cancel this topic and warn this individual about posting more appropriate pictures in the future.

Moderators please take action

They make it sound like you were naked.

jbeck

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
Yes, Google is amazing! Hope you don't mind, but I thought that picture was precious!

It belongs at the top of the page with the other families!
Yes it definetely is. But what about props to the woman in his life? She bought him a rolex and is cool with guns around her daughter!!! I'llbet she's a gun nut too.... Where's her credit??? Wish I could find me one of those. I for one think she must be one hell of a catch!:lol: