• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Examples for fense-sitting members

SA-TX

Centurion
imported post

I know there are clips of open carrying on this site. I recall Melanie Hain's soccar game, a picture of a guy with Governor Stickland of OH, several of VCDL members in both social settings and testifying before governmental agencies. Perhaps when we go to Austin we should create a montage (sp?) or video or powerpoint presentation to show uneasy legislators that open carry isn't an issue. Open carriers = good guys. Criminals don't open carry. Heck, they don't even use holsters (see Plaxico Burrus as the most recent example)! I think we need to show that open carriers are:

1) Ordinary, every day citizens.

2) Are in no way a danger or threat to public safety.

3) Situations where open carriers interact with government officials (such as testifying or with Gov. Strickland) with zero drama.

By doing so, we will rebut the fear that open carriers are wannabe tough guys just looking for trouble and trying to scare people.

Thoughts?

SA-TX

rodbender

imported post

Maybe we could use this

Sigmund Freud: "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." ("General Introduction to Psychoanalysis," S. Freud)

If someone is afraid when they see a handgun being carried open, it's their problem to deal with.

SA-TX

Centurion
imported post

rodbender wrote:
Maybe we could use this

Sigmund Freud: "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." ("General Introduction to Psychoanalysis," S. Freud)

If someone is afraid when they see a handgun being carried open, it's their problem to deal with.
While this maybe true, I don't think it is the greatest means of pursuasion. We need their votes. I think a logical, convincing approach would work better than insults. :shock: