• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Car carry?

hunter45

imported post

So If I keep my gun holstered on my hip while driving, is it or is it not considered concealed? I don't think a cop would be able to see it if he was standing on the drivers side window looking in. I would much rather keep it on my hip than have to put on/remove my holster every time I get in and out of the car. I would hope that the cop would be OK with it as long as I immediately tell him that I am carrying a weapon.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

hunter45 wrote:
So If I keep my gun holstered on my hip while driving, is it or is it not considered concealed? I don't think a cop would be able to see it if he was standing on the drivers side window looking in. I would much rather keep it on my hip than have to put on/remove my holster every time I get in and out of the car. I would hope that the cop would be OK with it as long as I immediately tell him that I am carrying a weapon.

Been covered many times here before, but.....

If you are carrying the gun openly, that fact that the gun may/may not be visible to someone standing outside the car doesnt change the fact that the gun is still being carried openly by you. Your seated position is normal and you are not doing anything overt to conceal the firearm while driving. Your position is a temporary position.