• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hammerless snub nose

jmiahhenry

imported post

I am considering buying a hammerless snubnose. I have looked at a lot and was wondering if any of you have them, if you carry them, and what you do and do not like about them?

So far my fav is the S&W model 40.

Comment please.

Pol Mordreth

imported post

My wife carries the Charter Arms Undercover 5 shot .38spl. http://www.charterfirearms.com/products/Charter_Undercover_73811.html

She likes it better than the small frame S&W's due to the feel and fit of the weapon. she has about 500 rounds through it, no problems.

It's too small for my hands, though. It is hard for me to fire. It also has a very heavy trigger from factory, but we've had hers lightened at a gunsmith.

Pol

bersa

imported post

I carry a SW 642 Airweight in a OW holsterall the time dont even know its there. It can slip in and out of any pocket without a problem. I tried large and medium frame and they seem to get in the way. this is my everyday O/C gun.

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I bought my wife a .38 hammerless snubnose for Mothers day some time ago. I still am not out of the doghouse and it's been several years. :banghead:

I personally prefer the ability to SA my revolvers, but occasionally I will grab it as a spur of the moment CC gun and slip it into my pocket.

I'm more of a .44/.45 guy but hate to get rid of a gun once I've bought it. It is a very nice pocket gun and shoots well.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

n15wb wrote:
I bought my wife a .38 hammerless snubnose for Mothers day some time ago. I still am not out of the doghouse and it's been several years. :banghead:

I personally prefer the ability to SA my revolvers, but occasionally I will grab it as a spur of the moment CC gun and slip it into my pocket.

I'm more of a .44/.45 guy but hate to get rid of a gun once I've bought it. It is a very nice pocket gun and shoots well.
I tried to tell you to buy her a vacuum cleaner, but you would not listen.

I carry a S&W model 36 - 3" barrel or a S&W model 638. Both great guns.

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
imported post

color of law wrote:
n15wb wrote:

I tried to tell you to buy her a vacuum cleaner, but you would not listen.

I carry a S&W model 36 - 3" barrel or a S&W model 638. Both great guns.

Hey, I saw that video that JC Penny did that was going around last week about the guy that gave his wife the vacuum cleaner and ended up in the
"Doghouse". Scary stuff LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SecVCh9dg4I