Thread: OpenCarry.org Welcomes Crossbreed Holsters as a Sponsor

Post imported post

We would like to thank Crossbreed Holsters who will be running a banner ad at the top of the forum.

When I contacted firearms related companies seeking ads that were appropriate for us as gun owners, they were second only to Tucker in responding with an offer of sponsorship.

Visit their site and when you order tell them you appreciate their support of our cause!

Post imported post

I have two holsters and a gun belt by them. Top quality products and excellent service. I have recommended their products on several forums here and elsewhere.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Post imported post

Certainly a company that makes excellent products and one with which we can all be proud to associate. I also would like to extend my thanks to them for their forum sponsorship.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    Certainly a company that makes excellent products and one with which we can all be proud to associate. I also would like to extend my thanks to them for their forum sponsorship.
    +1
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

I know where i'll be buying my next holster from. welcome and thank you crossbreed.

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
    I know where i'll be buying my next holster from. welcome and thank you crossbreed.
    And not just because they are a sponsor. Their Super Tuck Deluxe is extremely comfortable (for me at least). I've worn my Kahr P9 in a STD all day, day after day with zero comfort issues (I never take my gun off inside the house).

I just ordered a second set of holster's and belt for my new 1911. Yippee!

Post imported post

Anybody have any thoughts on that Super Tuck Deluxe with a S&W J Frame?

TFred

Post imported post

That was my first CB holster. It works great for my Taurus 85 and CA undercover southpaw.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

TFred wrote:

TFred
    It's basically a very large (read comfortable) piece of leather, with a custom molded piece of kydex (or something similar) attached to secure the weapon.

With my Kahr the retention point is the trigger guard, and it can supposedly be modified by the customer by using a heat gun (or sent back in to CBH for a free adjustment). I don't see why this would work any differently for a revolver?

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

Hmm. I tried to edit my above post to add this but it's "not allowed" on this forum?

Anyways, I wanted to point out that I do have one problem with the Super Tuck, no retention strap/mechanism besides tension.

For IWB this is not a problem, but I will never go OC with this holster by tucking in my shirt as I wouldn't feel comfortable walking around without some form retention system.

This is also the reason that I haven't purchased one of their new outside the waistband holsters.

Just wanted to give a more "unbiased" review. If you're looking for the Super Tuck solely for IWB then I can't say a single bad thing about it.

Post imported post

diesel556 wrote:
    TFred wrote:
    It's basically a very large (read comfortable) piece of leather, with a custom molded piece of kydex (or something similar) attached to secure the weapon.

With my Kahr the retention point is the trigger guard, and it can supposedly be modified by the customer by using a heat gun (or sent back in to CBH for a free adjustment). I don't see why this would work any differently for a revolver?
    I'm a "wheelie", so not entirely sure how much if at all, wider the cylinder is on a J-Frame than the whole body of a flat gun. My question was meant to ask if there is a difference in comfort level because of this extra width or bulge, as opposed to a gun of uniform thickness.

If I'm wrong on my assumption, sorry... invalid question!

TFred

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

Ah, I see. I don't know what differences might be felt with a revolver .

I would, however guess that they would be minimal. The pressure you feel on your body is not from the gun pressing against the leather backing; it is from the kydex pressing against the leather backing on either side of the weapon.

The only pressure on the leather from the gun is for retention. Even if you wear your belts very tight, the kydex should be plenty strong enough to support the pressure and distribute it across the leather.

I hope this makes sense.

Post imported post

diesel556 wrote:
    Ah, I see. I don't know what differences might be felt with a revolver .

I would, however guess that they would be minimal. The pressure you feel on your body is not from the gun pressing against the leather backing; it is from the kydex pressing against the leather backing on either side of the weapon.

The only pressure on the leather from the gun is for retention. Even if you wear your belts very tight, the kydex should be plenty strong enough to support the pressure and distribute it across the leather.

I hope this makes sense.
    It does. I guess an extreme analogy that might illustrate the reason for my question would be: imagine sticking a tennis ball inside your pants at the belt line. As opposed to a deck of playing cards. Having really done neither in actual context (meaning, I've never worn an IWB holster, with either type of gun), I'm just trying to learn if there is a significant difference between the two types.

Thanks for the help!

TFred

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    Having really done neither in actual context (meaning, I've never worn an IWB holster, with either type of gun), I'm just trying to learn if there is a significant difference between the two types.

Thanks for the help!

TFred
    Personally I find IWB holsters for wheelguns incredibly uncomfortable compared to Semi-Autos.

Post imported post

diesel556 wrote:
    DKSuddeth wrote:
    And not just because they are a sponsor. Their Super Tuck Deluxe is extremely comfortable (for me at least). I've worn my Kahr P9 in a STD all day, day after day with zero comfort issues (I never take my gun off inside the house).

I have a Crossbreed Super Tuck for my P9 as well and agree wholeheartedly! When I ordered it I told them I heard about their product on OCDO so (as much as I'd like to take credit!) I'd guess some others may have said the same. I'll be ordering another as soon as I decideon my nextcarry piece. Or maybe I'll just order one for every gun I have....

Post imported post

Smash29,

Thank you for telling them that! That is SOOO helpful for a sponsor to hear!

Thanks!

John

smash29 wrote:
    diesel556 wrote:
    DKSuddeth wrote:

I have a Crossbreed Super Tuck for my P9 as well and agree wholeheartedly! When I ordered it I told them I heard about their product on OCDO so (as much as I'd like to take credit!) I'd guess some others may have said the same. I'll be ordering another as soon as I decideon my nextcarry piece. Or maybe I'll just order one for every gun I have....

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Dammit.

I'm going to have to buy a gun just so I can justify gettingaholster from them now.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

Post imported post

I am very satisfied with my Cross Breed holster for my Kahr CW45. I am happy to have them as a sponsor on this forum.

Post imported post

Just wanted to add my 2cents. I own the Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe. Best holster I've ever worn...very comfortable and I am able to conceal a Glock 17 under a t-shirt. Nice customer service too!

Post imported post

I bought their Supertuck and gunbelt, took a few days to find the right position (5:00) but once you get used to it, you hardly know it is there.

I will be CCing an XD-9 compact (not subcompact), still a fairly large gun.

What I like is it allows you to tuck your shirt in around the outside of the holster.

Post imported post

I own a Crossbreed Supertuck for a Kimber Ultra (.45). This has to be the best IWB on the market, period. Do yourself a favor, and get one!