• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OpenCarry.org Welcomes Crossbreed Holsters as a Sponsor

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

We would like to thank Crossbreed Holsters who will be running a banner ad at the top of the forum.

When I contacted firearms related companies seeking ads that were appropriate for us as gun owners, they were second only to Tucker in responding with an offer of sponsorship.

Visit their site and when you order tell them you appreciate their support of our cause!

jeeper1

imported post

I have two holsters and a gun belt by them. Top quality products and excellent service. I have recommended their products on several forums here and elsewhere.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Certainly a company that makes excellent products and one with which we can all be proud to associate. I also would like to extend my thanks to them for their forum sponsorship.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Certainly a company that makes excellent products and one with which we can all be proud to associate. I also would like to extend my thanks to them for their forum sponsorship.
+1

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
I know where i'll be buying my next holster from. welcome and thank you crossbreed.
And not just because they are a sponsor. Their Super Tuck Deluxe is extremely comfortable (for me at least). I've worn my Kahr P9 in a STD all day, day after day with zero comfort issues (I never take my gun off inside the house).

I just ordered a second set of holster's and belt for my new 1911. Yippee!

jeeper1

imported post

That was my first CB holster. It works great for my Taurus 85 and CA undercover southpaw.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

TFred wrote:
Anybody have any thoughts on that Super Tuck Deluxe with a S&W J Frame?

TFred
It's basically a very large (read comfortable) piece of leather, with a custom molded piece of kydex (or something similar) attached to secure the weapon.

With my Kahr the retention point is the trigger guard, and it can supposedly be modified by the customer by using a heat gun (or sent back in to CBH for a free adjustment). I don't see why this would work any differently for a revolver?

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Hmm. I tried to edit my above post to add this but it's "not allowed" on this forum?

Anyways, I wanted to point out that I do have one problem with the Super Tuck, no retention strap/mechanism besides tension.

For IWB this is not a problem, but I will never go OC with this holster by tucking in my shirt as I wouldn't feel comfortable walking around without some form retention system.

This is also the reason that I haven't purchased one of their new outside the waistband holsters.

Just wanted to give a more "unbiased" review. If you're looking for the Super Tuck solely for IWB then I can't say a single bad thing about it.

TFred

imported post

diesel556 wrote:
TFred wrote:
Anybody have any thoughts on that Super Tuck Deluxe with a S&W J Frame?
It's basically a very large (read comfortable) piece of leather, with a custom molded piece of kydex (or something similar) attached to secure the weapon.

With my Kahr the retention point is the trigger guard, and it can supposedly be modified by the customer by using a heat gun (or sent back in to CBH for a free adjustment). I don't see why this would work any differently for a revolver?
I'm a "wheelie", so not entirely sure how much if at all, wider the cylinder is on a J-Frame than the whole body of a flat gun. My question was meant to ask if there is a difference in comfort level because of this extra width or bulge, as opposed to a gun of uniform thickness.

If I'm wrong on my assumption, sorry... invalid question! :)

TFred

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Ah, I see. I don't know what differences might be felt with a revolver :(.

I would, however guess that they would be minimal. The pressure you feel on your body is not from the gun pressing against the leather backing; it is from the kydex pressing against the leather backing on either side of the weapon.

The only pressure on the leather from the gun is for retention. Even if you wear your belts very tight, the kydex should be plenty strong enough to support the pressure and distribute it across the leather.

I hope this makes sense.

TFred

imported post

diesel556 wrote:
Ah, I see. I don't know what differences might be felt with a revolver :(.

I would, however guess that they would be minimal. The pressure you feel on your body is not from the gun pressing against the leather backing; it is from the kydex pressing against the leather backing on either side of the weapon.

The only pressure on the leather from the gun is for retention. Even if you wear your belts very tight, the kydex should be plenty strong enough to support the pressure and distribute it across the leather.

I hope this makes sense.
It does. I guess an extreme analogy that might illustrate the reason for my question would be: imagine sticking a tennis ball inside your pants at the belt line. As opposed to a deck of playing cards. Having really done neither in actual context (meaning, I've never worn an IWB holster, with either type of gun), I'm just trying to learn if there is a significant difference between the two types.

Thanks for the help!

TFred

mjones

imported post

TFred wrote:
Having really done neither in actual context (meaning, I've never worn an IWB holster, with either type of gun), I'm just trying to learn if there is a significant difference between the two types.

Thanks for the help!

TFred
Personally I find IWB holsters for wheelguns incredibly uncomfortable compared to Semi-Autos.

smash29

imported post

diesel556 wrote:
DKSuddeth wrote:
I know where i'll be buying my next holster from. welcome and thank you crossbreed.
And not just because they are a sponsor. Their Super Tuck Deluxe is extremely comfortable (for me at least). I've worn my Kahr P9 in a STD all day, day after day with zero comfort issues (I never take my gun off inside the house).
I have a Crossbreed Super Tuck for my P9 as well and agree wholeheartedly! When I ordered it I told them I heard about their product on OCDO so (as much as I'd like to take credit!) I'd guess some others may have said the same. I'll be ordering another as soon as I decideon my nextcarry piece. Or maybe I'll just order one for every gun I have....

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Smash29,

Thank you for telling them that! That is SOOO helpful for a sponsor to hear!

Thanks!

John

smash29 wrote:
diesel556 wrote:
DKSuddeth wrote:
I have a Crossbreed Super Tuck for my P9 as well and agree wholeheartedly! When I ordered it I told them I heard about their product on OCDO so (as much as I'd like to take credit!) I'd guess some others may have said the same. I'll be ordering another as soon as I decideon my nextcarry piece. Or maybe I'll just order one for every gun I have....

watson0625

imported post

Just wanted to add my 2cents. I own the Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe. Best holster I've ever worn...very comfortable and I am able to conceal a Glock 17 under a t-shirt. Nice customer service too!