• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

217th Birthday of the Bill of Rights

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

Come join us for the 217th Birthday of the Bill of Rights. Because December 15 is on a Monday, we will be celebrating this historic day on Sunday, December 14, 2008 at the main fountain square at Town Center in Virginia Beach at 2 p.m. We are encouraging students to attend and take part in this event that symbolizes what the protection of individual liberties really means and why we must protect them.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

Thundar wrote:
Is the fountain square public property or private property?
Public property and I've OCd there many times. It was pretty good last year. There's a reading of the Bill Of rights ans your's truly is reading the 2nd one. There was also a couple of speakers.

This is an update for our upcoming Bill of Rights Day celebration on Sunday, December 14 at 2 p.m. at the Virginia Beach Town Center fountain plaza.
For those of you who post on the various Meetup groups, I would ask that you include this celebration notice and encourage everyone to attend this event and show support for preserving these precious rights granted by our Creator, not government.

Pics from the 2007 Bill of Rights Day Celebration at the Virginia Beach Town Center fountain area
document.jpg;jsessionid=abc_kbvF6XwqkgCG-US4r
document.jpg;jsessionid=abc_kbvF6XwqkgCG-US4r

NOTE: Bill of Rights Day update
Invocation - Craig Hudgins
Pledge of Allegiance
America the Beautiful - Cary Nunnally & Terri Kurowskiand students from various schools
Keynote AddressProfessor Douglas Walker
Reciting of the Ten Bill of Rightsand a brief explanation as to their meaning1st Amendment: Petey Browder2nd Amendment: Glen Jornov3rd Amendment: Steve Merrill4th Amendment: John Fenter5th Amendment: John Moss6th Amendment: Ben Krause7th Amendment:Terri Kurowski8th Amendment: Reid Greenmun9th Amendment: Don Tabor10th Amendment: Zeljana Manojlovic - Princess Anne High School
My Country Tis of Thee - Cary Nunnally & Terri Kurowskiand students from various schools
Closing Prayer for the Republic - Reid Greenmun

Tomahawk

imported post

I wish this was closer, I'd enjoy it. Next year we should find a public place close to George Mason's house at Gunston Hall, since he was one of the driving forces behind the BOR. In fact, Mason Neck State Park is nearby.

Hope you guys get a good turnout.