• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colt 1908 Pocket Hammerless

Carnivore

imported post

As far as Original Mags., their a distinctive bi-colorblue and somewhat case hardened color, on the base it will be stamped

cal. 32 colt or .380 etc. which ever applies, the repros are all bright blue from the ones I've seen, I've seen the originals go for as high as $230.00 repros. can be bought for $25/$40 depending on who has em, and how bad you want em..

there called 8shot, 7+1

SHOOTER13

imported post

Hey Colt45ws, did ya take her to the range yet...?!

Just remember, she's not a long distance shooter, she's a belly gun...contact distance to 15 yards is what she was made for...

Subdiver

imported post

Nice to see these out there. I've got a 1903 that I inherited from my Grandfather, S/N tracks it to 1913. Great to shoot, never jams, truly a quality firearm. Thanks for the info on mags, had not been able to find them. Just ordered one for tryout.

Carnivore

imported post

Hey Colt45ws

How did you find the performance of the repro mags.?

The ones I got for my Colt .32 had springs in em that was shorter than the originals, but made from heavier gage wire, and were way too stout I ended up cutting two coils from the botton end of the spring and they feed as good as the original factory mag. now

colt45ws

imported post

They fit more rounds in than stock, 8 instead of 7, but they fit too tight. Had to be sanded in order for them to be removed from the magwell. Once that was done they work good. We went out and fired it and my USP. Got 1 FTE from the .380, but I think it just needs a cleaning. I dont think its been cleaned since the 60s or 70s. lawl.