• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colt 1908 Pocket Hammerless

colt45ws

imported post

My grandfather has a Colt 1908 Pocket Hammerless in .380. It was stolen 5-6 years ago, and recently Las Vegas Metro recovered it, sans magazine. Im looking for a replacement magazine. Any help in my search would be appreciated. :D Any other info you can provide me about this pistol would help too.

Brigdh

imported post

colt45ws wrote:
My grandfather has a Colt 1908 Pocket Hammerless in .380. It was stolen 5-6 years ago, and recently Las Vegas Metro recovered it, sans magazine. Im looking for a replacement magazine. Any help in my search would be appreciated. :D Any other info you can provide me about this pistol would help too.
I have a Colt 1903, also from my grandfather (basically same pistol, but in .320).

As for information, try checking out the wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_1908

I know 1903s and 1908s sell (people looking to collect officer's models, and rare grips, etc) so you might want to try finding an online specialty site that facilitates sales to find a spare mag or two.

Carnivore

imported post

http://www.coltautos.com/default.asp

Here's a pic. of my 1903 .32 auto

Picture057.jpg

Carnivore

imported post

Check out the link above my pic. They are rare and hold their value pretty well, I also have found the mags. on e-bay, but I find em hard to bid on there, there's always someone waiting in the wings bumping the bids like KRAZY at the last minute..

Carnivore

imported post

The one I've got is one sweet shooting little machine, has never failed to feed, or misfire, I got lucky on this one w/the original factory mag. thats a big + on maintaining the value..

SHOOTER13

imported post

Wow...what's the chances of getting a stolen weapon back after so many years! I go to PA gun shows at the NG Armory on US1 and Southampton Road in NE Philly and the Valley Forge Convention Center, and see mags for the .32acp and .380acp all the time. They are pretty plentiful.

I myself own a 1908 Colt Hammerless in .380acp that has been dated to 1927. It's still a sweet shooter...and I have carried it on occassion.

Here's a pic...

COLTM1908380ACPsmall-1.jpg

Carnivore

imported post

Nice looking .380 Shooter, Colt that would be an awesome gift for your Granddad!!

I'm lovin seeing these old Hammerless guns pop up all of a sudden.

Shooter are you coming across reproduction magazines, or original Colt mags.??

colt45ws

imported post

I think he will be happy. I told him I had asked about his pistol online and then told him I havent had any luck finding any magazines.
Thats a nice pistol, Shooter. I wonder what year this one is from?

Brigdh

imported post

colt45ws wrote:
I think he will be happy. I told him I had asked about his pistol online and then told him I havent had any luck finding any magazines.
Thats a nice pistol, Shooter. I wonder what year this one is from?
I recall that somewhere on that Colt Autos site Carnivore linked to there is a table of serial numbers to production years.

SHOOTER13

imported post

Carnivore wrote:
Nice looking .380 Shooter, Colt that would be an awesome gift for your Granddad!!

I'm lovin seeing these old Hammerless guns pop up all of a sudden.

Shooter are you coming across reproduction magazines, or original Colt mags.??

I have 4 original Colt mags...two came with the piece, two were bought at PA gun shows. I've never seen / even handled a repo mag...tho you can be sure they exist.

Have you tried GunParts ( Numrich ) in West Hurley, NY ? I bought parts and mags for other guns thru 'em...

====cut & paste=== http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

Gun Parts Corporation
The World's "LARGEST" Supplier
of Firearm Parts & Accessories.

226 Williams Lane, W. Hurley, NY 12491
Orders: (845) 679-2417 or (866)Numrich
Customer Service: (845) 679-4867