• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why carry a gun in Northern Virginia?

IanB

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
When you guys were talking about meeting some younger folks, I thought you were talking about people like, NSL or Tomahawk.
Ouch, that hurt.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

"The reason old codgers are more ornery than young whippersnappers is that they've been aggravated for a longer period of time."

:cuss:

Col. Jeff Cooper

'nuff said.

IanB

imported post

I'd say Hawk is old enough to be a GREAT grand parent. I mean, the guy DID ride with Teddy's Rough Riders back in the day.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
SNIP Anyway, welcome. It is good to see young people taking an interest. First time you go out you might want to consider taking an old codger along just for appearances sake. You can tell the Officer you are just his gun bearer. (get it ... right to bear)

When a fella has to explainhis joke,itsort ofleaves me tense and takes the zing out.

Get it?Tense.Zing.Tensing. Tenzing.Hillary's sherpa (bearer)Tenzing.

(OK, OK. Pretty lame. I admit.)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
I'd say Hawk is old enough to be a GREAT grand parent. I mean, the guy DID ride with Teddy's Rough Riders back in the day.

...5, 4, 3, 2,

Well, it was good knowing you, Naked.

:)