Thread: OC in other states and OC fishing

Post imported post

I have two questions. First, it I have a Florida CWL can I open carry in states that allow OC (Georgia, Alabama, ect.). I have read a little about OC in Florida if fishing. Does that mean if I am on my boat in the river I can OC without breaking any laws. I am new to the OC laws and would like some input.

Post imported post

Well, FL 790.25(3)(h) apparently says that you can in fact OC while fishing, but I have never seen it practiced. Some of us on the boards are looking to change that here soon though. The Florida CCW is good in the reciprocating states listed on the state website ( http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html ) *Click on "States recognizing FLA license" I couldn't get the direct link to work* Visiting other states means you are bound by their laws of weapons carrying, not yours. For instance, in Florida you can carry just about any concealed weapon, whereas in Texas, you can only carry a handgun. As they say "When in Rome do as the Romans do. " So if the state allows OC with or without a permit you should be good to go. I'd ask in that state's forum or call a lawyer just to be sure.

Post imported post

im not up to snuff on carrying in a boat? but id think it wouldnt be prohibited?

http://www.georgiapacking.org all of georgias gun laws in plain english and the off limits locations. all public building are off limits with a few exception for building in state parks etc

almost for got technically if your fishing you can carry