Thread: Any increase in OCing?

Post imported post

Just a general question to the forum. I was justwondering with all recent the mall incidences and the liberal media ifanyone hasnoticed a increase with harassment while OCing.Forme personally no but was justwondering how the state is doing.
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Post imported post

Lol oops sorry the title wasment to be any increase of harassment while OCing, sorry
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Post imported post

Haven't had any encounters yet. But with my location Id expect less then lets say Seattle.

Post imported post

Granum wrote:
    Haven't had any encounters yet. But with my location Id expect less then lets say Seattle.
    I went down town OC all day yesterday.Shopped at the Pike place market.Had coffee at a Starbucks on Yesler.Rode the busses etc.Other than one cop that just sort of gave me a nod didn,t even talk to me..Not one question ,nothing.I thought for sure I would get hasseled at the market.

Post imported post

fire suppressor wrote:
    Just a general question to the forum. I was justwondering with all recent the mall incidences and the liberal media ifanyone hasnoticed a increase with harassment while OCing.Forme personally no but was justwondering how the state is doing.
    I oc'ed at southcentera couple days after the shooting. Overall pretty negative except for Tukwila PD who were awesome. I think i've oc'ed about 5 times since then, everytime I had severalencounterswith people thinking its weird or just questions about whether my gun is a glock.

One lady said she would vote againstOC if it where ever to reach the ballot. She also asked me if I really would be able to kill someone out of self defense, (she was one of those "hear me roar, Oprah says i'm a strong black woman" type), I told her that sinceI'm the columbine generation and usaully hopped up on Zoloft anyway, it would be no problem to do it, if my life was at risk and they were after my "Obama freedom and change"collection memorobilia plates (I thought that lastpart). She shut-up after that and quickly apologized for brothering me.

Post imported post

With the exception the other night at McDonalds I've not noticed any difference. The gentleman is a strong believer in CC. He even went so far to tell me it was illegal to OpenCarry. We parted company agreeing to disagree.

edit: spelling issues

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    With the exception the other night at McDonalds I've not noticed any difference. The gentleman is a strong believer in CC. He even went so far to tell me it was illegal to OpenCarry. We parted company agreeing to disagree.

This is where flyers are helpful since this isn't a matter of opinion. He is wrong and you are right.

Post imported post

heresolong wrote:
    M1Gunr wrote:

This is where flyers are helpful since this isn't a matter of opinion. He is wrong and you are right.
    Flyers did not help in this case. He wasn't interested in my propaganda.

Post imported post

I have had nothing but neutral or positive experiences while open carrying. I'm on the eastern side of the state where the shootings on the west side get less attntion. (Did you ever notice how the media fails to mention that the mall shooting was most likely gang-related?)

It seems that people are more polite when I open-carry and this applies to clerks, patrons, and the average Joe on the street. The notion that "an armed society is a polite society" seems to hold true in my own personal experience.

Post imported post

PolskiG wrote:
    [snip]
    One lady said she would vote againstOC if it where ever to reach the ballot. She also asked me if I really would be able to kill someone out of self defense, (she was one of those "hear me roar, Oprah says i'm a strong black woman" type), I told her that sinceI'm the columbine generation and usaully hopped up on Zoloft anyway, it would be no problem to do it, if my life was at risk and they were after my "Obama freedom and change"collection memorobilia plates (I thought that lastpart). She shut-up after that and quickly apologized for brothering me.
    LOL@ the defense of Obama memorabilia comment!

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here

Post imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
    Did you ever notice how the media fails to mention that the mall shooting was most likely gang-related?
    Not "most likely" at all, was DEFINITELY gang related. No shock there.

Of course if they did mention that, than some might questions the good Mayor's proclamation that Seattle doesn't have a gang problem...

Yes, the shooting was in Tukwila, but the gang turfs overlap the city boundaries. Tukwila, White Center, Skyway, George Town, Rainier Beach, and other areas are all infected. It is a systemic problem that will only continue to fester so long as it is ignored.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:

I believe that if someone were to tell me it was illegal to OC in a state where it wasn't, I'd have to tell them to be a good citizen and report my "illegal" activity to the police immediately. Or else, ****.

Post imported post

No problem with me. I go to the public library every day now. (my Internet is down )

I have been here for a couple of hours, even there security guard walked past me 10 times or so on his rounds.

Post imported post

phone guy wrote:
    Been her for a couple of hours,
    Uhh are you sure your forum name is correct? :P
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

joeroket wrote:
    phone guy wrote:
    Been her for a couple of hours,

hahahahahha, not funny. I don't know why i laughed though.....open carry

Post imported post

Please, everyone, stay covered up.

:?

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

PolskiG wrote:
    fire suppressor wrote:
    I oc'ed at southcentera couple days after the shooting. Overall pretty negative except for Tukwila PD who were awesome. I think i've oc'ed about 5 times since then, everytime I had severalencounterswith people thinking its weird or just questions about whether my gun is a glock.

I hope I'm misunderstanding your post. It sounds like you told her that it would be easy to defend yourself due to your use of drugs?

kparker wrote:
    Please, everyone, stay covered up.

:?
    Due to the inclement weather? I just stick my pistol outside the big puffy jacket (OBPJ for the uninitiated).

Not to bring up a sore subject, but the only negative experience I've had while OC'ing was at the WAC last weekend *ducks behind the nearest fireproof barrier*.

Post imported post

Diesel,

No, just trying to continue the play started by Joe and Polski. :-)

Post imported post

diesel556 wrote:
    PolskiG wrote:
    fire suppressor wrote:
    I hope I'm misunderstanding your post. It sounds like you told her that it would be easy to defend yourself due to your use of drugs?

I think you're the only one. Read it again. She ask me if I would really be able to "kill someone." im guessing she meantin self defense.I just give her a raw reply to her even rawer question.

One or both of the shooters in columbinewas on zoloft, thats why I said it. Shock-value... And it worked.

I've never taken zoloft, I do fancy and occasional painkiller though......

Shalom

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

Thanks for the clarification. That part of your story was a little hard to understand.

Post imported post

Post imported post

phone guy wrote:
    PolskiGPolskiG joeroket
    joeroket wrote:
    phone guy wrote:
    Been her for a couple of houUhh

e
    Thanks everyone for noticing this. I corrected it.

Yes, I have been to a couple of librarys now and been just ignored.
    Please every one do not ask me to write a letter to a public official.

Post imported post

phone guy wrote:
    Please every one do not ask me to write a letter to a public official
    LOL we'll try not to.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40