• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man sprays 'toilet-papering' teens with fox pee

PT111

imported post

I know this isn't OC exactly unless you consider OC of a squirt gun. However this is interesting and there have been many discussions on here about response to suchminor vandalism acts as this. At leastin this case he used a less than lethal weapon. ;)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28191199/
WILLMAR, Minn. - A 50-year-old man who told authorities he was fed up with teens toilet-papering his house decided to defend his property — with a squirt gun filled with fox urine.

Now, Scott Wagar is in trouble with the law.

Wagar pleaded not guilty on Wednesday in Kandiyohi County District Court to misdemeanor assault and other charges. He was released on personal recognizance.

According to police, Wagar was on his property Sept. 16 when he used night vision goggles to see 15-20 people running toward his place. He told police that he told them to leave, swore at them and sprayed them with the fox urine. He also allegedly struggled with one of the teens.
A phone message left at a home listing for a Scott Wagar was not immediately returned to The Associated Press.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

IMO, those kids are lucky something worse didn't happen to them for trespassing.

But fox urine? I'd have hit them with ice water, or scared the crap out of them with a halloween getup.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Last time this happened at my parents' house, my dad racked an empty pump-action shotgun and turned on the floodlights. They all went running. That was the only time we had a problem.

r6-rider

imported post

psh, he sprayed them with fox piss and got in trouble??

hell if i saw 15-20 people charging my house i dont think id grab a squirt gun id be cocked and locked expecting a raid or something

Gordie

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Hey, sounds good to me. But 'fox pee'? Who keeps and how did he get enough fox pee to use so appropriately and so liberally?
Hunters use itand it can be bought online from hunter supply stores. It covers the human scent and attracts other foxes.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

He needs to get a pet skunk for next time and let the skunk loose on them.

Ridiculous that preventing damage by trespassers on his property using means that causes no long term damage of any kind or even discomfort beyond smell, got him arrested.

Tomahawk

imported post

It says he allegedly struggled with the trespassers, that may be where the assault charge comes from instead of the fox piss spraying, but who knows what other details are left out. I do think it's hilarious, though.

david.ross

imported post

:D

I'm dying to know, did he squirt them with normal fox urine or an "in heat" sent, "Red Fox in Heat."

I keep picturing a high school kid running from a bunch of horny foxes screaming, "NUUUUUUUUUUUUU."

XD40coyote

imported post

The stinkiest fox pee is males in january. January is the mating season, and males can have a really skunky smelling pee. Ok male foxes ALWAYS have smelly pee anyway. They have stinkier musk than females too.

Whats stinkier than fox pee? Coyotes with lice! My whole damn taxidermy shop is smelled up by a dried hide of a smelly coyote that had liceon the shoulders.

How do you get a big ol bottle of fox pee? You can buy it online if you want. Trapping suppliers sell it by the gallon if you want.

How is fox pee collected? Foxes are kept in raised up cages with wire bottoms with a catch pan under it that has the pee collect in a bucket. There is usually some filtration involved to keep fox turds from getting in with the pee. The best fox pee is collected in winter from 100% meat fed foxes.

Various critters are attracted to fox pee, amazingly enough wild rabbits are among the animals. I have caught many foxes using nothing but fresh smelling hay and fox pee and a lil fox gland lure. I can remake the set with nothing but smelly hay, and catch more foxes. Red foxes seem to also like dog pee for some reason, at least in my area they do. Or at least they just liked when my cattle dog used to come with me trapping and peed on stuff near the sets. He once even peed right on a set I had remade, and I had a fox the next day.

Oh yeahI collect fox pee from the dead foxes bladders too...

madcapmag

imported post

He could have done what one of my buddies did when he noticed some kids walking down his street egging houses.

Grab large poleaxe and wait.

Run outside when brats get close screaming.

???

Profit.

Aran

Banned
imported post

I don't have a link to the other article, but the one I read stated that this has been going on (vandalization of his property) for the past EIGHT YEARS and to date the police have NEVER done anything about it, despite him always calling.

WARCHILD

imported post

I had a similar experience back in the '70's. My solution to the "egging" of my house over a 2 week period......RIT indigo blue dye..... mix well, loaded in a squirt gun, wait on roof of house. As with this man, cops could do nothing without proof of who was doing it. When the 3 little B'tards from down the street showed up about 11p.m. I waited till the first egg was thrown. I let loose with the squirt gun, making sure to hit each on at least once. When the cops showed up, I sent them to the house down the street. It was kinda hard for the dad to explain why he had 3 "Blue" boys stll not in bed at midnight! In my case no physical contact was made and the cop was still laughing as he left, relating how funny the "Blue" boys looked.

Daddyo

imported post

I used to live in Willmar, MN (where this occurred). This has been going on for as far back as anyone can remember. The parents all think its funny, like a winter tradition or something. When it happens, it sounds as if a riot is going on outside. He had 20 or so kids in his yard, but I've seen the streets of my neighborhood literally filled with teenagers running around. The police don't even try to do anything.

Also the kids drive from place to place like it was a demolition derby. I was run off the road one night by a group of them. I tried to catch up to get tag numbers and was just beginning to gain on them at 110mph through residential streets. Its totally insane and nobody seems to care. I'm not surprised he's being charged. The excuse is always "Well, they're just being kids". But if they don't learn to respect other's property now, when will they?

I blame much of the problems with society today on the decreased use of rock salt. My wife's grandfather said it only took a couple of times for him to re-evaluate his decision making process.

PT111

imported post

Some follow-up on it. Personally I think he should have been using battery acid.;)

http://www.wikio.com/news/Scott+Wagar

Imagine you live in a house surrounding by farmland and for one week every year your home is the target for 50 teenagers looking to trash it. Scott Wagar spends a week, every September, on high alert. He knows come nightfall on one night that week kids from the high school near his home in Willmar will come at his property armed with eggs, toilet paper and screwdrivers and try deface it. "There are usually 30-70 kids at one time, it's a little intimidating with 30 people coming at you," Wagar said today. Every year, for the last 8 years, Wagar's house has been the target. He's called the sheriff's department and they have been able to chase the kids off a few times but this past September Wagar met the kids at his property line head on armed with a water-gun full of a little more than water. "I had one third fox urine, two thirds water in a super soaker just so they would stink bad and I just started spraying out there." The kids, Wagar said, threw eggs back at him. Wagar said the kids were about 10 feet from being on Wagar's property when Wagar says they jumped him. "One kid got behind me and put his arm around my neck choking me," Wagar said. Wagar broke free and nearly broke the kid's finger. The kids ran and dropped a cell phone along the way. The next day Wagar demanded money for damages from the cell phone's owner and when he didn't get it he said her turned the phone in to the police. On Wednesday Wagar was charged with assault, theft and disorderly conduct. No one else, was so much as ticketed. "I thought we had law and order but it does make me question it." In eight years, no teenager, even when authorities have chased them away has been ticketed for trespassing. Kandiyohi County Sheriff Dan Hartog told me today he can't ticket anyone for trespass without seeing it happen, watching the homeowner order them away, and the person then refusing. Kandiyohi County prosecutor Boyd Beccue said he does not discuss ongoing files, to do so would be improper so he could not comment to KARE 11 on Wagar's charges. The case goes back to court on January 20th. Scott Wagar faces a 90-day jail sentence and 1,000 fine for each of the three crimes he is charged with. He has entered a plea of not guilty and will be representing himself in court.

FogRider

imported post

Sounds like it may be time to invest in some large dogs and some large signage letting people know the dog's chains stop just short of the property line. Or, a paintball gun with some of those new pepper balls.

Gordie

imported post

I still find it unbelievable. This man has his property vandalized, the police do nothing, he chases them off himself, even turns in property that was left behind by one of the vandals, and he gets charged with assault, theft, and disorderly conduct.:cuss:

Who did he assault? It sounds like self defense to me.

Theft? What did he steal? The only property that didn't belong to him was turned in to the police. I always thought that you wereSUPPOSED to turn found property in to the police, especially if it may be evidence to a crime.:banghead:

Disorderly conduct? What about the little punks that were there to vandalize his property? He lives out in the country, if he wants to run around yelling and squirting fox pee in his yard, who will it bother?:celebrate No one, unless you're there trespassing and vandalizing.