Thread: Poll on OC around kids

Post imported post

Fire mission!

The Pennsylvania OC Soccer Mom is in the news again. Hit this poll:

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news...community.html

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Some crazy comments on that story.

People freaking out about "what if a kid tries to get her attention, grabs her leg, and gets shot?!"

Uhh, she's wearing a Serpa holster... trigger isn't exposed, so it can't be pulled. It's a Glock!

Post imported post

READER POLL

Should people be allowed to carry guns around children?

Yes 1225 (57.8%)

No 896 (42.2%)

Total votes = 2121

This is AWESOME!

There's some people that may be thinking that this is going to be detrimental to Open Carry. I disagree.

I think the public personal remarks of that Judge & Sheriff in Melanie's case did more to harm OC than Melanie has. She's standing up for what's right, and just may make a big positive difference for 2A rights and the OC movement.

The more public this is, and the more positive, TRUTHFUL FACTS that are made public about OC, the more public perception will change. Sure, the anti-gunners are going to scream louder and louder, and the more we can refute their so-called "common sense" arguments with the truth, the more foolish they will appear.

When it goes to court, if Melanie loses, would it really make it any worse for us? but if she WINS, it's going to be a major blow to these would-be tyrants and the anti-OC fools.

...Go Melanie!...
    ...Orygunner...

Post imported post

Looks like the poll is gaining ground...

I read a few of the comments. I am amazed at how sheepish people are. Ignorant, demanding "common sense control of this zealot!"

So sad.

Should people be allowed to carry guns around children? Yes 1705 (61.0%) No 1088 (39.0%)
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Post imported post

I just hit the poll--now it's YES: 64.4%, NO 35.6%. Let's keep it up. PatriotWarrior

Post imported post

Wow the comment section is heated;
    John Dallas Bowers, you are as big an idiot as this woman. Her own narrative admits that she has no reason other than her general level of psychological damage (she was in a car accident! she learned that she is mortal and she can't take it!) for obsessing about "self protection." Your view of "self-defense" -- i.e., it's OK to risk the safety of everybody who doesn't care to run around like a demented cowboy -- renders your discourse about rights irrelevant and devious. You NRA nuts maunder on about defending yourselves from largely imaginary dangers when in fact you're aggressive cavepeople itching for an excuse to shoot somebody.
    :what:

Post imported post

No reason to let facts get in the way of a good emotional tizzy about protecting the children.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Philly Guy wrote:
    I am a strong supporter of the second ammendment, but this crazed woman should not be allowed to be walking around with a gun. It is zealots like her that give law abiding gun owners a bad name. Legitimate gun owners have always supported common sense laws (e.g., if you use a gun in committing a crime you actually do go to jail)and there should be common sense here. Guns should not be worn to children's soccer games nor be brandished in supermarkets. Take her permit and get her evaluated!!

Come on guys, get in there and shoot that crap down! I would but can't be bothered to register.

Post imported post

Dustin wrote:
    Wow the comment section is heated;
    John Dallas Bowers, you are as big an idiot as this woman. Her own narrative admits that she has no reason other than her general level of psychological damage (she was in a car accident! she learned that she is mortal and she can't take it!) for obsessing about "self protection." Your view of "self-defense" -- i.e., it's OK to risk the safety of everybody who doesn't care to run around like a demented cowboy -- renders your discourse about rights irrelevant and devious. You NRA nuts maunder on about defending yourselves from largely imaginary dangers when in fact you're aggressive cavepeople itching for an excuse to shoot somebody.
    :what:
    And yet they like to call us "hate-mongers" and "fear-mongers."

Post imported post

Yes 3,814 (68.7%)

No 1,738 (31.3%)

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

....It won't let me vote.....

Post imported post

Yes

4887 (71.4%)

No

1955 (28.6%)

Total votes = 6842 :celebrate

Post imported post

:celebrate

Yes

4893 (71.4%)

No

1956 (28.6%)

Post imported post

Yes

4911 (71.5%)

No

1958 (28.5%)
    I hit it already. This 70-ish/30ish breakdown is just slightly lower than the usual 80/20 breakdown for most 2A polls. I guess the liberal "but what about the children????????????" slant on the poll question is to blame.

Post imported post

Of course we should be allowed to carry firearms around children. How else are we supposed to defend them against the creeps running around these days?
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Post imported post

yale wrote:
    Of course we should be allowed to carry firearms around children. How else are we supposed to defend them against the creeps running around these days?
    Why the answer to that is simple! You're not supposed to take the law into your own hands! That's the job of our fine law enforcement ociffers!

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

Most of the anti-OC comments would be solved if there was more OC (e.g., "looks like Wild West" & "what if someone grabs her leg and the gun sneezes, jumps out her holster, sings a little song and then goes off, bouncing off the grassy knoll...").

If there was more OC, people wouldn't think it was so outlandish and maybe would get that guns don't just go off (I'm afraid that problem might only be solved by taking them to the range though).

Post imported post

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
    Most of the anti-OC comments would be solved if there was more OC (e.g., "looks like Wild West" & "what if someone grabs her leg and the gun sneezes, jumps out her holster, sings a little song and then goes off, bouncing off the grassy knoll...").

If there was more OC, people wouldn't think it was so outlandish and maybe would get that guns don't just go off (I'm afraid that problem might only be solved by taking them to the range though).
    I agree completely. The reason OC is looked at as odd is because not enough people do it! The more people OC, the more people see it, and they will realize that we are the safest, nicest people out there .

I think the campaign to allow OC in Texas is going to do a BIGGER service to the OC movement than us that are in states that already allow it, because it's thrusting it into the foreground. Once it passes, I suspect there's going to be a LOT of people OCing there.

On the OP article, all the anti-gun and anti-OC commenters have dwindled down to nothing. I think we politely hammered them into submission with the truth! :celebrate

...Orygunner...

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

My daughter, now about to graduate 'Doctor', grew up presumably knowing that there was a loaded not cocked Luger in my night stand. The physically demanding toggle was only back-up to Daddy's teaching. I have no reason to believe that she investigated it.

Anti-urban, Bible thumping, Tekonsha, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

DeLeo, who calls himself a staunch NRA member, said he has nothing against guns but felt it was his duty to take action "because of the safety and security issues involving [children] on the field."
    If I hear "it's for the childern " one more time I'm gonna puke! What a Richard Crainium.
    Last week, the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence offered to defend DeLeo and the county for free.
    you just knew these a-holes were going to show up.

I really hope she takes these arrogent jacka$$es to the cleaners.

You go Meleanie!!

72.9% in favor now!
    "Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death !" Patrick Henry

Post imported post

I'm still trying to figurue out how many loads of twisted dislogic lead to even form this question, much less failing to see its many flaws as it exits the mouth...

It all points back to teh true reason for CONCEALED carry; you never have an opportunity to combat the bogus propaganda if it is in the closet. They don't want it visible because it proves, visually, that there is nothing wrong with guns and that the fear is really hate.

How can a person call themselves a responsible parent, who DOESN'T carry around kids? THAT is the question a logical, thinking person asks.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

+1

If it saves just one child.

How far, to what extreme, should a parent go to protect their offspring?

IMO - To the maximum - to the limit of my life and breath!

Yata hey

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

They can have my children when they pry them from my cold, dead hands....

...Orygunner...

Post imported post

I carry around my kids so much that my oldest thinks it strange if I leave the house UNarmed. The kids just think that it's part of my "gear" for going out, like my wallet or car keys.

I agree that as OC becomes more common, the novelty will wear off and people will not even notice any more. Think about mobile phones 20 years ago. Some of us remember the "bricks" and how cool and expensivethey were.I remember a couple of people who would talkon theirs even if there was nobody on the other end just to show off to impress girls. Now almost every kid above the age of 10 has a cell phone. It is only noticeable when someone doesn't have one.

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

Yes

6337 (72.9%)

No

2356 (27.1%)
    Well this looks like 2.6 to one in favor of carrying in the presence of children.:what:

Oh the humanity!:celebrate
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast