• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Poll on OC around kids

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Should people be allowed to carry guns around children?

I'm still trying to figurue out how many loads of twisted dislogic lead to even form this question, much less failing to see its many flaws as it exits the mouth...

It all points back to teh true reason for CONCEALED carry; you never have an opportunity to combat the bogus propaganda if it is in the closet. They don't want it visible because it proves, visually, that there is nothing wrong with guns and that the fear is really hate.

How can a person call themselves a responsible parent, who DOESN'T carry around kids? THAT is the question a logical, thinking person asks.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

+1

If it saves just one child.

How far, to what extreme, should a parent go to protect their offspring?

IMO - To the maximum - to the limit of my life and breath!

Yata hey

Gordie

imported post

I carry around my kids so much that my oldest thinks it strange if I leave the house UNarmed. The kids just think that it's part of my "gear" for going out, like my wallet or car keys.

I agree that as OC becomes more common, the novelty will wear off and people will not even notice any more. Think about mobile phones 20 years ago. Some of us remember the "bricks" and how cool and expensivethey were.I remember a couple of people who would talkon theirs even if there was nobody on the other end just to show off to impress girls. Now almost every kid above the age of 10 has a cell phone. It is only noticeable when someone doesn't have one.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Should people be allowed to carry guns around children?

Yes

6337 (72.9%)

No

2356 (27.1%)
Well this looks like 2.6 to one in favor of carrying in the presence of children.:what:

Oh the humanity!:celebrate

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Gordie wrote:
I agree that as OC becomes more common, the novelty will wear off and people will not even notice any more.
that is the primary reason for resistance to it. The gun-haters have expended considerable effort and huge amount of money to foist ther propaganda upon the entire population. And it worked, most people fear the mere sight of a gun, and jump to all sorts of baseless conclusions; just like Pavlov's dog. They're trained. Brainwashed, more specifically, because they 'think' a lot of things that make no rational sense. Not even bothering to realize they've been had, it's too sensational to argue with.

Imagine all that work going down the tubes by demonstrating, openly and in person, that it is all bunk.

Promoting open-carry is, and will be, the most difficult uphill battle that Pro 2A people can fight. Most of our own so-called allies even oppose it, without thining it through, or simply becasue they know its hard and can't be bothered to put up the effort.

When good men do nothing, they are no longer good men.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ixtow wrote:
Promoting open-carry is, and will be, the most difficult uphill battle that Pro 2A people can fight. Most of our own so-called allies even oppose it, without thining it through, or simply becasue they know its hard and can't be bothered to put up the effort.

When good men do nothing, they are no longer good men.
+1

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

tygereye wrote:
I voted yes...:celebrate

YES 6523 73.4%

NO 236326.6%
A hearty "Welcome aboard" tygereye. Thanks for hitting them where it hurts - in the poll of public opinion.

Yata hey

tygereye

imported post

Thanks for the welcome... I plan to begin carrying as soon as I can. I also plan to get a CPL, even if it is just to avoid the hassel of transportation. I just need to convince my husband... :banghead: :D

ChickenFarmer

imported post

tygereye wrote:
Thanks for the welcome... I plan to begin carrying as soon as I can. I also plan to get a CPL, even if it is just to avoid the hassel of transportation. I just need to convince my husband... :banghead: :D
That should be easy..."Honey, I know you are my superman...but you can't be there at all times to protect me!"

or maybe "You love me don't you? Aren't I worth protecting?"

tygereye

imported post

ChickenFarmer wrote:
tygereye wrote:
That should be easy..."Honey, I know you are my superman...but you can't be there at all times to protect me!"

or maybe "You love me don't you? Aren't I worth protecting?"
If only he would fall for that... My plan is to bombard him with facts, and "true stories" and hope he caves, meanwhile saving so I can purchase as soon as he does... will keep your method in mind though... :p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

tygereye wrote:
If only he would fall for that... My plan is to bombard him with facts, and "true stories" and hope he caves, meanwhile saving so I can purchase as soon as he does... will keep your method in mind though... :p
http://www.gunfacts.info/index.html will provide a basic primer in facts and data.

Good luck.

Yata hey

TFred

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
tygereye wrote:
http://www.gunfacts.info/index.html will provide a basic primer in facts and data.

Good luck.

Yata hey
This dastardly BB software has corrupted your link.

Try this one:

http://www.gunfacts.info/index.html

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

tygereye wrote:
Thanks to both of you... There is so much information on this site, I just can't stop reading it...
Print it out and leave a copy on the kitchen table! :celebrate Food for thought.

Yata hey