• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Empty Holster Carry until we meet in Austin...

SilentKTexan

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I think we should all carry our empty holster as much as possible until we meet in Austin. This will attract the media and the public about our cause and should help with getting more Texans to join us.

I've spent the past 2 weekends at Cabellas just south of Denton on I-35 talking to as many people asIcould around the gun counter about signing the online petition and checking out this site.

Many people are also asking about the shirt I wear...

http://www.cafepress.com/sandbarcreation.335204718

As I said in another post, only my family members have been buying. Would it help if I just sent the graphics to someone with opencarry.org so they can put it up in their store? I only created thegraphic because I didn't like the designs they had available.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

I disagree - the empty holster image is essentially the hallmark of Students for Concealed Carry - let's not tread on others' images or confuse what we are doing.

SilentKTexan

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Well, I was a student as recently as a year ago... I only bring it up because it brought us a lot of attention at the time.

There has to be a way to bring attention to both causes without blurring the lines. I also wear the shirt as much as possible, so it is clear what issue I am behind.

I understand the concern.

Decoligny

imported post

Mike wrote:
I disagree - the empty holster image is essentially the hallmark of Students for Concealed Carry - let's not tread on others' images or confuse what we are doing.
I think that the Students for Concealed Carry send their message with the empty holster by specifically wearing an empty holster on Campus. It is designed to show that they have been forced to be defenseless on Campus.

I think that the wear of an empty holster by any other RKBA segment of the population is doing exactly the same thing. Empty holsters in Texas show that the current Texas Law has stripped people of their right to carry, leaving them defenseless unless they pay the Government for a permission slip.

Miracle

imported post

SilentKTexan wrote:
I think we should all carry our empty holster as much as possible until we meet in Austin. This will attract the media and the public about our cause and should help with getting more Texans to join us.

I've spent the past 2 weekends at Cabellas just south of Denton on I-35 talking to as many people asIcould around the gun counter about signing the online petition and checking out this site.

Many people are also asking about the shirt I wear...

http://www.cafepress.com/sandbarcreation.335204718

As I said in another post, only my family members have been buying. Would it help if I just sent the graphics to someone with opencarry.org so they can put it up in their store? I only created thegraphic because I didn't like the designs they had available.
I like the shirt quite a bit. In the past I have run into trouble with Cafe Press and the quality of their items. If I saw one of these printed by another company I would buy one.

SilentKTexan

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Yeah...I'm going to check with a local printer I know in Dallas and see what kind of prices she can offer.. I know she has great quality and she is local so that is a plus. I just don't have the time to handle the shipping and everything else that goes with it.