• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealment Question

charlie12

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
Is 0.05 the standard for concealed carry in the LRS?
A permittee may not carry and conceal a handgun while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled dangerous substance (CDS) as defined in R.S. 40:961 and 964. For purposes of the concealed handgun law, a permittee is considered under the influence of alcohol when a blood alcohol reading of .05% or greater by weight of alcohol in the blood is obtained, or a blood or urine test shows any confirmed presence of a CDS.

The permit to carry a concealed handgun shall be revoked by the deputy secretary when the permittee is carrying and concealing a handgun under any of the following circumstances:

1. The blood alcohol reading of the permittee is .05% or greater by weight of alcohol in the blood;
  2. The permittee's blood test or urine test shows the confirmed presence of a CDS as defined in R.S. 40:961 and 964;
  3. The permittee refuses to submit to a department certified chemical test when requested to do so by a law enforcement officer.

chad pf-9

imported post

Still wondering about OC at a parade?

I've read the CCW laws,& it does state that you can't carry concealed at a parade(that has a government issued permit or somthing like that).

But,I cant find anything about OC???

Makes me wonder why the guy at the Gonzales parade didn't get arrested?(unless they didn't need a permit?or the guy was an off duty LEO from somewhere else?)

KBCraig

imported post

charlie12 wrote:
The permit to carry a concealed handgun shall be revoked by the deputy secretary when the permittee is carrying and concealing a handgun under any of the following circumstances:
  1. The blood alcohol reading of the permittee is .05% or greater by weight of alcohol in the blood;
  2. The permittee's blood test or urine test shows the confirmed presence of a CDS as defined in R.S. 40:961 and 964;
  3. The permittee refuses to submit to a department certified chemical test when requested to do so by a law enforcement officer.
:shock::shock::shock:

Wow! No PC or RAS required, they can just request that you take a chemical test at any time, and revoke your permit if you refuse?

charlie12

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
charlie12 wrote:

Wow! No PC or RAS required, they can just request that you take a chemical test at any time, and revoke your permit if you refuse?
The PC for this was the LEO saw the concealed weapon and IF the LEO asked him if he had permit and found out he did and was drinking he would need to give him the test.

tnegg

imported post

mark edward marchiafava...You are a complete Moron! You are probably one of these Proud Open Carry Idiots that I've had the privilege of meeting a few times. After reading your other posts it builds a unique profile for you!

I'm no LEO, but I am a CCW and take the responsibility greatly. I also served 14 years in the U.S. Army and don't Expect to do what I want in Public with my handgun. A responsible CCW or Handgun owner should be able to make a responsible decision in this situation. There was no place for an armed civilian at this parade with as many armed full time LEO's and reserve officers that are always there.

Your mouthing easily proves that you have never been in a situation to force a critical judgement on whether or not to use your weapon. I have and it's not what you think!

The LEO's at the parade reacted correctly because they saw a potential situation and took care of it. If the gun was noticed then the owner didn't follow the law granted to him for CCW. He also was seen drinking and if you have ever been through any formal weapons training it clearly states that all of your rights to handle a weapon go away if under the influence of any alchohol or other imparring substance.

People like you really get under my skin by going around running their mouth about their right to carry...Did you happen to rise to the occasion to serve the country that gives you all these rights?

If so Thanks, but Never Miss the Oportunity to Just Remain Silent!

Don't worry though...The Change is On It's Way! Open Carry will go away soon along with all the other weapons rights. Then you may have to really learn how to defend yourself!

charlie12

imported post

tnegg wrote:

The LEO's at the parade reacted correctly because they saw a potential situation and took care of it. If the gun was noticed then the owner didn't follow the law granted to him for CCW. He also was seen drinking and if you have ever been through any formal weapons training it clearly states that all of your rights to handle a weapon go away if under the influence of any alchohol or other imparring substance.

What state are you from? If the LEO's saw a man carrying a concealed weapon then they could have checked him out. If he's drinking and has a Concealed Handgun Permit then they can make him take a test to see if he's .05 or over. If they didn't test him then they screwed up, what part don't you understand? If he's carrying at the parade then that's something the Concealed Handgun Section will have to figure out what to do with him.

But the news story says he was cited for drinking and carrying a concealed weapon and that's not against the rules of CHP unless he is .05 or over. The big question is do they have proof he was .05 or over?

Your turn Mark.

KBCraig

imported post

charlie12 wrote:
KBCraig wrote:
charlie12 wrote:

The PC for this was the LEO saw the concealed weapon and IF the LEO asked him if he had permit and found out he did and was drinking he would need to give him the test.

I understand they had PC in this case (pistol accidentally flashed, at a parade, and he was drinking). But my shock is that if he'd just come to police attention for some other reason (or no reason), without them even knowing, initially, that he was carrying, but they demanded a breath test and he refused, then his permit shall be revoked.

Wow.

According to what you cited, you could also be revoked for refusing to provide a urine sample for drug ("CDS") testing, even if there is no reason to believe you're under the influence of, or a user of, any illegal substance.

The danger of ever allowing these kinds of things info the law is that attempts to repeal are met with accusations that you must think it's okay for people to carry guns while smoking crack.

imported post

Ahhhh, a 1st time poster has graced us with his/her/it's presence !!! The first amendment allows you to spout your unqualified comments here. Unlike you, I'd never consider violating YOUR rights. Post all you want.
Let me be the first to admit I am a proud open carry proponent, but far from an idiot.
Thanks for sharing with us you are no LEO. You sure had me fooled. You certainly could pass for one. I guess that means you're just one of their staunchest supporters, another Amerikan responsible for the rapidly expanding police state.
Don't tell me, let me guess: you're also a lifetime member of the NRA, right?
A concealed permittee, eh? Free men need no permit. The fact you proudly admit 14 years service to the illegal, unconstitutional military of this nation speaks volumes. Guess you never read the part of the constitution prohibiting a standing army. Again, no surprises here. What part of the world did you help violate during your "service?"
Were you able to kill innocent men, women and children? I know that would have really brought you to the edge of an orgasm.
The true purpose of the 2nd amendment isn't crime prevention, but to remind the forces of government they are being watched and to obey the very law THEY swore to uphold. The mere presence of your LEO gods at a parade doesn't preclude any citizen from exercising any rights, bearing arms included.
Criticial situation? Yep, at least twice. Checkmate.
As a true supporter of the burgeoning police state, I'm not surprised you consider the reactions of the Gonzales cops to be appropriate. "Potential situation?" LOL, too funny. EVERYthing in life could be a "potential situation." If I'm driving my truck, at any moment I could decide to run over someone. Does that give your cop gods the right to constantly pull me over ? As Jefferson once said, "you have the right to do as you please, UNTIL it interferes with the rights of others." It's a shame your kind doesn't understand that simple concept.
As I have not (yet) taken the time to dig further, I have not seen/heard of anything to indicate this man was "under the influence." Do you have info to back up that assertion? We'd all like to know if you do. Please, share with us, oh Great One.
Unlike you, I don't let people like you get under my skin. I've learned years ago, the masses are asses, you're just one more of 'em. Or, as a bumper sticker I saw said, "The LORD must like stupid people, he made so many of 'em." Oh, how true.
Serve in the military of THIS country? LOL, never. My conscience wouldn't allow it. Unlike you, I wouldn't dream of being part of an organization used to kill innocent men, women and children, invade sovereign nations without a declaration of war, etc.
This country doesn't give anyone any rights. Rights come from the Great I AM, not government. It's the role of government to PROTECT our rights, not violate them.
Again, I keep forgetting, you don't know the basics of law.
Sigh, yes, the "change" Obama promised IS coming. I'm sure you're just salivating at the opportunity to help enforce his whims and wishes. I'd even be willing to bet YOU will be the first in line to sign up for his civilian security force. That would enable you to continue to suck at the public tit and further fufill your desires to rule over others. If they won't let you join their party, you can always go to work at DMV, you'd fit right in.
The part you and your kind fail to comprehend is this: when the right, not privilege, to bear arms, goes away, a lot of our OTHER rights will go along with it. Then, even your kind will suddenly be jolted into reality and realize what's going on, abeit too late.
For decades, I've shared this scenario with lots of politicians and other supporters of the police state. The day is coming when there will be a great conflict in this once-great nation. The nation will be divided into 3 groups:
1. Those who want their freedoms restored;
2. Those who don't want group 1 to have their freedoms restored and will do whatever it takes to supress them;
3. The great, unwashed masses who don't have a clue, standing on the sidelines wondering "what the hell is going on?"
In that Great Day of Reckoning, which group will I find YOU in?
If you choose group 2, would you be so kind as to paint a red X on your forehead to help identify yourself?

tnegg

imported post

Ah! That didn't take much to get you thumping!

So one has to become a welcomed member of a forum and put in just
one liners before pointing to the idiot in the room?!!!

You're a waste of Oxygen!

Medication Time! Medication Time!

Dustin

imported post

tnegg wrote:
Ah! That didn't take much to get you thumping!

So one has to become a welcomed member of a forum and put in just
one liners before pointing to the idiot in the room?!!!

You're a waste of Oxygen!

Medication Time! Medication Time!

Nice response ....

troll_spray.jpg

Although I would like to see if you could provide an intelligent rebuttle, to Mark's post.

tnegg

imported post

Why make an attempt? You are just his little Cheerleader and will jump in as soon as his responses get less detailed for you to form your own opinion from. Nothing of yours is original.

You two sweathearts can enjoy the thread all you want.

I've said my peace and done my part!

sraacke

imported post

Aaawwwww, Man. http:// Tnegger crapped all over the thread. Moderator! Moderator! Here we were just sitting around having a pleasent topic and some dude walked in from off the street and crapped on our thread.

Dustin

imported post

tnegg wrote:
Why make an attempt? You are just his little Cheerleader and will jump in as soon as his responses get less detailed for you to form your own opinion from. Nothing of yours is original.

You two sweathearts can enjoy the thread all you want.

I've said my peace and done my part!

LOL !

Wait let me get a helmet to contain your head.

What a sad and tiresome life you must live to try and keep up with that ego.

I know a number you could call to get help. :uhoh:

sraacke

imported post

Ok, let's look at it from this perspective.

Gonzo PD saw a guy at the parade with a not-so-concealed pistolla. That right there is gonna at least get the guy pulled off to the side for a meet and greet. So far, not a problem as long as the Gonzo Gustapo don't go allnutso and start popping the citizens joints out of socket. Just take necessary precautions and find outwho the guy is and whether he has a State issued CCW permit.

Then we have to look at the fact that the guy with the gun was seen drinking. Call me a prude orwhatever but in my little world guns and booze don't mix. Standing in a crowd of strangers drinking a beer and letting your hidden gun become unhidden is not responsible.

We still haven't answered the question ofif this particular parade had a permit issued which the LSP website clearlysays make this a CCW free parade.

Did Gonzo Pd do a proper BAC test on the guy? If so, what % did he blow? If they did not do a BAC test, WHY THE FRACK NOT!?! They will surround, prone out and arrest a citizen shopping at Tanger Mallwith his family. They will cart him across the river to the Parish jailfor doing nothing close to illegal but.... You have a guy with a beer in hand and flashing a gun at a city parade and suddenly it's "Oh sorry, didn't realize you had a Concealed Carry Permit. You can go and enjoy the rest of the parade." :?Did his weapon get confiscated? Was he booked into the Parish jail for breaking the law? What about the children? There were children at that parade? (OK now I'm just being silly. )

Lastly, let's not forget that everything we know, and don't know, about this is based on a news report from WAF freaking B TV. :banghead:Certainly not the most accurate or reliable source. There's no telling what they left out of got completely wrong while writing this story.

ManInBlack

imported post

Great response, Mark. While I don't completely agree with everything you said about the military, any honest person would have to admit that you have done more than most by defending American freedoms domestically, where they really matter. Tnegg is an obvious idiot who seems to support some citizens (i.e.: LEOs and military) being more equal than others, which is just about the most un-American thing I can think of.

It would be a privilege to meet you at the next gathering. Thanks for standing up for our rights.

imported post

Aw, I'm not worried about folks such as TNEGG.
Pretty much used to his kind after some 30 years of this struggle.
LOTS of folks don't want to agree with me about the military, but it's the truth.
A standing army is EXACTLY what the founders warned/worked against.
Despite their warnings, we've ended up exactly where they predicted.
Read just this week, the MARINES are going to be serving as "advisors" along with the LEO's conducting "sobriety checkpoints."
The gloves are about to come off, I'm afraid.
Whenever Yale announces our next get together, I'll be there, hopefully with the
wifey-poo.
Thanks for the support, too.

Dustin

imported post

I'm a Marine, but I understand Marks logic. Although I don't like it, it is true.

The US has turned itself intoGlobal Police.

Although I KNOW that we liberated Fallujah, the outcome is indeed hard to figure out. Yea we kept people from getting their heads chopped off, but what in return to we really get ?

Is it not Biblical to help out those in need of help ?

Just like here back at home. LEO's do SOME good every now and then, but like the Military, not nearly enough to warrant their own existence.

I don't feel bad for being a Marine, It's just part of my life.

All little tiny parts of a much bigger something, we all play our part......

imported post

You don't "help" someone by unlawfully invading their sovereign nation, especially under false pretenses, killing hundreds of thousands of INNOCENT people in the process. It's not "collateral damage," it's genocide in the name of empire building.
My own dad was a Marine from WWII, glad to see he's not around to see what's become of the Corps.
If you study the history of this once-great Republic (NOTE: not "democracy"), you'll discover the concept of "law enforcement" is totally foreign.
It's bad enough the LEO community has morphed into some sort of paramilitary creature, but now the REAL military is joining them in the streets of Amerika.
What further proof does anyone need to document a sho-nuff police state?
Yep, Dustin, I, too, believe we all play a part in a much bigger something, always trying to keep that concept in focus and not get so bogged down in the details.