• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Military carry.

thx997303

imported post

So, I noticed somewhere on the forum, somebody mentioned that as a LEO, you can get a 50 state concealed carry license, and I guess it's free, but it seeems that the only perk you get by being military is free CCW classes.

WTF? Is it just me or does this seem kind of ridiculous?

scorpioajr

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
... WTF? Is it just me or does this seem kind of ridiculous?..
I think that may depend on which agency you think gets more firearms handling training/experience. Whom ever wins that debate: i think should be the one who gets the 50 state free CCW.

ACTUALLY, I think the 2A should cover that...but it don't.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

It is not a permit, it is a law.

Congress passed a law in 2004 allowing current and retired law enforcement officers to carry concealed firearms in any state.

The good? LEO's can carry without a permit in any state.

The bad? You and I cannot. They should have called the legislation "The People's Safety Act" and included everyone, not just cops.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_Enforcement_Officers_Safety_Act

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode18/usc_sec_18_00000926---B000-.html

Vegassteve

imported post

pitythefools wrote:
how many freeks are in the military? Going crazy with PTSD? you want them to carry guns in your city streets? The untrained are enough of a problem.

You are an @#$%.

Please point out as well the untrained problem. When you spout bull@#$% you need to at least try and back it up.

Vegassteve

imported post

pitythefools wrote:
opinions vary.

Too bad your as bad as any anti by spouting BS and being a idiot to those who serve. You are truely offensive.

Again how about some facts? Oh dont have any? Didnt think so.

Go pound sand.

Francis Marion

imported post

Fool,

As a serviceman I take great offense to your comments. In my 24 years of military service I have seen very few who had mental disorders or PTSD. What you have seen is the media putting a magnifying glass on a very small percentage. Should we deny you your right to bear arms based on your irrational and ignorant comments here?

9mm and the rest of you,

Few in the military ever touch a pistol and even fewer receive any significant handgun training. But like SGT Jensen said, we should all have the right.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

pitythefools wrote:
how many freeks are in the military? Going crazy with PTSD? you want them to carry guns in your city streets? The untrained are enough of a problem.

I am a "freek" in the military, and no, I do not take offense. I have seen some people that even after 20 years in the military, they still cannot handle a rifle properly. I hear comments all the time about it. "I hope I don't have to go to war with him/her!" I have even seen negligent discharges, that thankfully did not result in injuries.

Do I criticize them? No. Will I criticize them? No. Should we help them? YES!

I have a unique stance with regards to the second amendment, and most will view it as flawed. The amendment states "shall NOT be infringed." It dosen't have anyclauses for disarmingveterans with PTSD,people who areuntrained, or convicted felons. It is my opinion that if somebody wishes to arm themselves, that is their right to do so.

Remember, there are idiots driving next to you every day with some form of "stress disorder" or that are not "trained enough" to fly past you at 80 MPH. These are the people that you should be concerned about. They are more likely to kill you than some dumbass with a gun.

pitythefools wrote:
anti what?
If you are not willing to be part of the solution, then you sir,are part of the problem.

smallmansyndrome

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
So, I noticed somewhere on the forum, somebody mentioned that as a LEO, you can get a 50 state concealed carry license, and I guess it's free, but it seeems that the only perk you get by being military is free CCW classes.

WTF? Is it just me or does this seem kind of ridiculous?
did you join the military for free CCW classes?

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
They also didnt have "felons", but I have no issue with their restrictions at all.
There are many felons that have been disarmed that don't deserve to be. One example is Martha Stewart. She was conviced of four felonies, none of them violent in nature. While I don't agree with her actions or political stance, it troubles me that she (and others like her)can no longer own a firearm, or even vote in an election.

thoughtpolice wrote:
Oh, and thanks for serving, I appreciate it even if noone else does anymore.
You're welcome. Iam honoredto serve. Thank you for being supportive. :D

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

NavyLT wrote:
If it wasn't for us freeks in the military, even those with PTSD, you wouldn't have your 1st ammendment right to speak your B.S.
I think it's pretty safe to assume that political activists, many of whom have never evenworn a military uniform, have done more for free speech than you or I ever have or could. I've been in the service for seven years now, and have seen very few servicemembers "fight for our rights".

Gordie

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
I, for one, am glad that she doesnt own a gun. Personal hatred for her, Oprah, and any other pompous, arrogant hag.

So you only believe in rights for people that you like and approve of?
Thingsmust evolve with new technology and knowledge.
So do you believe in "the Constitution is a living document" argument? Or do you think that we should stick with the framers intent and use the methods that they put in place to change the Constitution when needed?

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
you didnt address what else I said. Mental illness was not understand at that time.
Neither were "assault weapons" but we fight for our rights to keep them.

Would you want these individuals stripped of their rights to free speech, or freedom of religion? How about their right against unlawful search and seizure. Their right to remain silent? Their right to vote?

I stand by my previous post. Let the people keep their arms if they wish.

Doug Huffman wrote:
Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth.