• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Military carry.

Vegassteve

imported post

Awesome you can google. Thanks again for pigeon hole-ling every vet and cop it seems.

Again I see no relevant stats to support you post that ex mil should not carry and that they are all freaks. And also no facts pointing to untrained people causing issues as well. You proved my points.

Francis Marion

imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
Awesome you can google. Thanks again for pigeon hole-ling every vet and cop it seems.

Again I see no relevant stats to support you post that ex mil should not carry and that they are all freaks. And also no facts pointing to untrained people causing issues as well. You proved my points.
+1

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Francis Marion wrote:
Vegassteve wrote:

+1
+1

(No name calling though :shock:)

ainokea

imported post

Vegassteve wrote:

Here is pitythefools original post:

pitythefoolswrote:
how many freeks are in the military? Going crazy with PTSD? you want them to carry guns in your city streets? The untrained are enough of a problem.

This is the crap I am tired of on this site, people posting without reading the posts completely or twisting them to say something they do not.

He never said all military people are freaks.

I would agree that people who suffer from PTSD are mentally ill to some degree.

There are many stories of soldiers who suffer from PTSD commiting violent crimes because of it. (I do not think all people who suffer form PTSD will commit violent crime)

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/nov/08/greeley-veteran-accused-murder-had-ptsd/

http://www.citizensforethics.org/node/31776

http://www.woundedtimes.blogspot.com/2008/03/ptsd-marine-22-years-old-3-tours.html

I am greatfulfor the men and women in the military and it is very sad that some of them will continue to pay a very high price for the rest of their lives.

Gunslinger

imported post

Francis Marion wrote:
Fool,

As a serviceman I take great offense to your comments. In my 24 years of military service I have seen very few who had mental disorders or PTSD. What you have seen is the media putting a magnifying glass on a very small percentage. Should we deny you your right to bear arms based on your irrational and ignorant comments here?

9mm and the rest of you,

Few in the military ever touch a pistol and even fewer receive any significant handgun training. But like SGT Jensen said, we should all have the right.
Maybe the biggest mental disorder we Vets suffered was putting our asses on the line for ungrateful pos who hide under their beds back home.

Vegassteve

imported post

ainokea wrote:
Vegassteve wrote:

Here is pitythefools original post:

pitythefoolswrote:
how many freeks are in the military? Going crazy with PTSD? you want them to carry guns in your city streets? The untrained are enough of a problem.

This is the crap I am tired of on this site, people posting without reading the posts completely or twisting them to say something they do not.

He never said all military people are freaks.

I would agree that people who suffer from PTSD are mentally ill to some degree.

There are many stories of soldiers who suffer from PTSD commiting violent crimes because of it. (I do not think all people who suffer form PTSD will commit violent crime)

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/nov/08/greeley-veteran-accused-murder-had-ptsd/

http://www.citizensforethics.org/node/31776

http://www.woundedtimes.blogspot.com/2008/03/ptsd-marine-22-years-old-3-tours.html

I am greatfulfor the men and women in the military and it is very sad that some of them will continue to pay a very high price for the rest of their lives.

I did not twist his post. He made it very plain in his post and others that we should not give a blanket pass to the mil folks. He also insulted those that do suffer then later tried to back peddle saying he works with them etc.

That horse is out of the barn he did the damage and is a @#$% for it. What if someone said oh we shouldnt let folks in Utah get married because of all the crazy people in the mormon faith who already have more than one wife. That is a wrong and as stupid of a thing to say as what he did.

There is no doubt that some vets can have issues, so do factory workers, postmen, truck drivers.. The list goes on but single out a group as he did is WRONG and you are as bad as him for defending it. What do you do for a living? I bet we can find some cases in any job.

Vegassteve

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
Vegassteve wrote:
I did not twist his post. He made it very plain in his post and others that we should not give a blanket pass to the mil folks. He also insulted those that do suffer then later tried to back peddle saying he works with them etc.

That horse is out of the barn he did the damage and is a @#$% for it. What if someone said oh we shouldnt let folks in Utah get married because of all the crazy people in the mormon faith who already have more than one wife. That is a wrong and as stupid of a thing to say as what he did.

There is no doubt that some vets can have issues, so do factory workers, postmen, truck drivers.. The list goes on but single out a group as he did is WRONG and you are as bad as him for defending it. What do you do for a living? I bet we can find some cases in any job.
Listen, many of us were on your side until you made blanket statements about the rest of us. Grow up, "someone on the internet insulted me, I must retaliate." Get a clue. You give us sane gun owners a black eye with your rudeness and apparent anger issues.

Exactly how did I make a blanket statement that in anyway included you or anyone else?

Fact is I am not a Vet, but that does not keep me from defending what I see as a false and misleading statement. If you do not wish that then so be it.

Exactly how can you point to anything I have written that is not sane?

Rude? Yes sure rude I called the spade a spade and have no problem with it.

scorpioajr

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
Vegassteve wrote:
Exactly how can you point to anything I have written that is unsane?

Im still trying to figure out WTF "unsane" means.
ROFLMAO :lol:
Low one, but funny. freakin Thoughtpolice, why is it you only show up to the internet fights? There are so many more topics that could use a good mind like yours to comment on. is your ego full yet? :p

Vegassteve

imported post

Now back on topic. The ex mil should have the same right as ex cops. It is just the CCW permit. They would still have to pass background checks like the rest of us do to own. And the argument missed the point anyway that someone anyone who has a mental issue or is untrained can still get a weapon if they want and do harm.

Vegassteve

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
Vegassteve wrote:
Exactly how can you point to anything I have written that is unsane?

Im still trying to figure out WTF "unsane" means.
Your right that was not correct and I have fixed it. See I can be nice when someone points out a real issue.

scorpioajr

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
ROFLMAO :lol:
Low one, but funny. freakin Thoughtpolice, why is it you only show up to the internet fights? There are so many more topics that could use a good mind like yours to comment on. is your ego full yet? :p
...But I enjoy stirrin' the pot....heheh, Im a dick!:p
Well, they say ,"you are what you eat" Ohhhh Buuuurn!!!!:p:lol::lol:

Seriously, though:
I'm ALMOST certain that at the end of the day - the ones who fight and fight for their points to be made and perceived as true/correct DO benefit from hearing from those who would otherwise write them off as "Nuts". It gives people experience. ya never know, maybe the ones your interacting with neither retain the experience or the intellect to properly articulate their Point. (we aren't all as smart as LovesHISxd)
I wonder if that is YOUR point: "You can't form a complete sentence but you want me to trust you with a gun"? I see..

My head hurts.