Thread: Non Resident CCW

Post imported post

I searched for the information but didn't find the answer in other posts.

I am in the process of obtaining my Texas CHL. I noticed on the Texas reciprocity map that the only other state I might visit, Nevada, isn't included.

Does Nevada have a non- resident CCL? If they do what is the procedure to obtain one?

Thanks,

Richard

Post imported post

yes they issue to non residents, you should do a google on carry laws as the answer can be found at handgunlaw under non resident permits section

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

you must do your certified training in nevada, or get a florida or Utahnon-resident permit

sprat

Post imported post

Post imported post

Thanks sprat,after looking at the site you suggesteda Florida non-resident is available entirely by mail and is recognized by Nevada.

Activist Member

Post imported post

I would definitely recommend non-residents go with another states like Utah. For non-Nevada residents, I believe Utah is recognized by all the states that recognizes NV and more states.

The only advantage NV permit gives over Florida is Minnesota as far as I know. But Florida is recognized bymany more states, and Minnesota recognizes the TX permit so there would be no point for a Texan to get an NV permit if they could get a Utah one or a Florida one.

NV residents unfortunately must get the NV permit though for it to be valid in NV. (And a few states that only recognize permits from the state of residency.)

According to this map: http://apps.carryconcealed.net/legal/reciprocity.php it looks like if you had TX, FL would only give you NV & OH, but if you got UT then you would get NV, OH, & WA.

Post imported post

yes with Utah you get WA but you have to attend a Utah training class and pay the instructor I don't have the time I would rather pay florida. by the time I sat in a 3-4 hour training class ( loss of time and the instructors fee) its cheaper for me to pay florida, beside I don't need Wa I need Oregon

sprat ( former Reno resident)

Post imported post

I initially took the Nevada CCW class or a nonresident permit. Then, I found out the the instructor was certified to teach the Utah CCW class as well. For an additional $15, and some slightly different instruction pertaining to Utah, he signed my Utah application.

Then, I found out that Florida doesn't accept nonresident permits anymore (I can't get one in Kalifornia.), so I applied for a Florida nonresident since I go there every year. It was just at the time Florida DOACS had changed it to a 7 year permit. Lucky me!

You can't beat the Utah permit for the price.

Post imported post

When did FL change to a seven year permit?

Post imported post

I have a NV resident and UT+FL non-res. Adding UT onto the NV class was trivial, getting FL was simply paperwork.

I would like to add OR next. NV is a neighboring state to OR so we can apply although it's up to the discretion of the county sheriff to consider applications from residents of neighboring states. I need to research which counties are friendly to NV applicants and then apply on my next trip to OR.

Oregon tips welcome.

Post imported post

Florida changed to a 7 year renewal in September, 2008

sprat

Post imported post

I just went and looked at mine. I applied in June 08 and it was issued Oct 15 2008 -- expiring Oct 15 2015! I had not looked, this is great news!

Yay, Florida!