Thread: Students for Concealed Carry on Campus file lawsuit

Post imported post

SCCC JOINS WITH COLORADO UNIVERSITY STUDENTS TO FILE LAWSUIT CHALLENGING CU'S BAN ON CONCEALED CARRY ON CAMPUS
    http://www.concealedcampus.org/cu_lawsuit_press.htm

The article wouldn't copy correctly.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Good luck to them in that endeavor.

Post imported post

Unfortunately, I dont think they are going to win this one which is too bad.
    "There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs of freedom" -- Garet Garrett, The Revolution Was (1938)

Post imported post

I think they stand a very good chance of success, in the end. I've thought so for years. The law is pretty clear on pre-emption, and the AG opinion by Salazar is what you'd expect from him. The legislature said we preempt any and all gun regulations in the state, and Salazar says it doesn't apply to the board of regents unless the legislature specifically says, and we mean the board of regents of CU, too. That doesn't make sense. Hopefully if they lose, which they will, in Boulder district court, they'll take it up on appeal.