• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Repubican candidates to speak at VCDL meeting

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

NORTHERN VIRGINIA MEETING - Republican AG and LT Governor candidates to speak!

The monthly VCDL membership meeting will be on Thursday, December 18th at 8 PM at the Mason Government Center in Annandale.

We have invited the Republican candidates for Lt. Governor and Attorney General to speak.

This will be your chance to meet and greet the candidates for those important offices.

Current candidates attending:

Lt Governor Candidates
Matt Wells representing Lt Gov Bill Bolling (NOTE: VCDL prefers to have candidates representing themselves)
Patrick C. Muldoon

Attorney General Candidates
John Brownlee
Senator Ken Cuccinelli
David M. Foster

As with all VCDL membership meetings, it is open to the public, so bring friends, family and co-workers!

After we adjourn we will go to a local restaurant for continued fellowship.

LET'S PACK THE ROOM!!!

The candidates are invited to come to the restaurant as well.

I'm really looking forward to this meeting!

GWRedDragon

imported post

I've never been to any kind of meeting but I figure now is a good time to start! :uhoh:

I look forward to meeting all you wackos :lol:

Aside from at gun shows and ranges the only time I've ever talked to people about guns is in hushed tones in private places...a whole room full of people open carrying would just be...wow.

streetdoc

imported post

fairfax1 wrote:
I'll be there also.

I want to see Senator Cuccinelli get elected as our AG.
We'll be there. I had a very nice conversation with Senator Cuccinelli today at the Fredericksburg Gun Show, I was going to support him anyway, now it will just be much stronger!!

nova

imported post

GWRedDragon wrote:
I've never been to any kind of meeting but I figure now is a good time to start! :uhoh:

I look forward to meeting all you wackos :lol:

Aside from at gun shows and ranges the only time I've ever talked to people about guns is in hushed tones in private places...a whole room full of people open carrying would just be...wow.
At the end of the meeting, you won't even think twice about it. I sure don't. :)

TFred

imported post

streetdoc wrote:
fairfax1 wrote:
I'll be there also.

We'll be there. I had a very nice conversation with Senator Cuccinelli today at the Fredericksburg Gun Show, I was going to support him anyway, now it will just be much stronger!!
Anybody know if he will be there tomorrow? Times?

TFred

t11spanner

imported post

Okay guys, I just moved to Falls Church from Nevada.

I work till 9pm, would like to come to the meeting if it is still going on, and whatever "after party"...

I know I may be asking a lot, but does anyone have directions to the meeting from the Pentagon...

Please hold back on the flames, I am new to the NOVA area.....

Carl

RedKnightt

imported post

t11spanner wrote:

I work till 9pm, would like to come to the meeting if it is still going on, and whatever "after party"...

I know I may be asking a lot, but does anyone have directions to the meeting from the Pentagon...

Carl
Welcome to Virginia! Given all the speakers, the meeting may run long, so come by if you can. We usually go to the nearby Fuddruckers afterwards for food and fellowship. If you want, I can PM you my cel number and you can call as you get nearby to find out where we are.

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

richarcm

imported post

Hate to be picky but the headline is missing an "L" and could be misread as something different.

Carpetbagger

Campaign Veteran
imported post

streetdoc wrote:
fairfax1 wrote:
I'll be there also.

I was very impressed with Sen. Cuccinelli when I saw him speak at a Richmond VCDL meeting. He will make a great AG.

nova

imported post

t11spanner wrote:
Thank you!

I take it OC is okay?

I have Utah also, so CC I can still do.

Carl
OC is okay and most people do while at the gov't center. OC is required if you go to Fuddruckers afterwards since they serve alcohol. That's that wacky VA law for ya.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

t11spanner wrote:

Carl
No one will flame you good buddy. Especially us from ROVA. I've been there twice and I still couldn't tell you how to get there. NOVA is just a different world to some of us.

Tomahawk

imported post

t11spanner wrote:

Carl

The meeting usually lets out around 9:30 or so, and the Fuddruckers at the corner of Backlick Rd. and Columbia Pike closes at 10 PM, so if you get there late you may want to go straight to Fudd's.

Because Fudd's serves alcohol, you will have to OC when you enter, even with a permit.

Hope to see another new face.

BTW casullshooter and nova: I haven't decided if this is Ruger revolver month or just plain revolver month...:)

nova

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
t11spanner wrote:

Carl

The meeting usually lets out around 9:30 or so, and the Fuddruckers at the corner of Backlick Rd. and Columbia Pike closes at 10 PM, so if you get there late you may want to go straight to Fudd's.

Because Fudd's serves alcohol, you will have to OC when you enter, even with a permit.

Hope to see another new face.

BTW casullshooter and nova: I haven't decided if this is Ruger revolver month or just plain revolver month...:)
Thanks for reminding me. I'll carry my Ruger security six and I might even have six spare .357s on my belt like casullshooter does with his bandoleer holster and .454s. :)