• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Repubican candidates to speak at VCDL meeting

Tomahawk

imported post

nova wrote:
Thanks for reminding me. I'll carry my Ruger security six and I might even have six spare .357s on my belt like casullshooter does with his bandoleer holster and .454s. :)
I want to wear my Blackhawk, but I keep threatening to wear a cap-and-ball 58 Remington copy one of these days...

nova

imported post

That'd be cool but I bet it's a pain to unload...having to pull the bullet/ball and dump the powder and all.

Tomahawk

imported post

nova wrote:
That'd be cool but I bet it's a pain to unload...having to pull the bullet/ball and dump the powder and all.

I just leave it loaded until my next trip out to the country. As long as it's kept in a dry place the loaded powder keeps for months. It's a lot more reliable than you might think.

Plus, you can remove the loaded cylinder (after de-priming it, of course) and store it seperately in a ziplock bag to really keep the humidity out until you're ready to go shooting.

nova

imported post

I forgot about that. Simply de cap the cylinder and it's just fine to put away then. Best way to 'unload' it is to shoot :lol:

IanB

imported post

I'll be there as well. Will be filming the candidates speeches for upload to youtube, however I go on vacation Friday morning so the vids won't be online very quickly. Anyone bringing cookies to the meeting?

nova

imported post

bump. About 23-1/2hours until the meeting.

IanB

imported post

Sweet, I'm bringing choc chip. Anyone may partake, but there is one rule. If you eatsome cookies you must introduce yourself to at least two new people at the meeting you have never spoken with before.

RedKnightt

imported post

You want me to bring enough for everyone? :uhoh: But, the crowd is usually.. how do I say this.. overrepresented in gentlemen of size.. :lol:

I'll see what I can do. As usual, I'm easy to find. I'm the overweight white guy with the gun.

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

nova

imported post

Nice to meet new people and see the normal group.

hunter45

imported post

I enjoyed listening to the candidates speak. I really liked that Brownlee guy. I didn't have a chance to meet anyone. I got there right as the meeting started and my uncle's back was hurting so we left as soon as the meeting ended. It was fun though. I'll definitely go to the next meeting that I'm home for.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

hunter45 wrote:
SNIP I really liked that Brownlee guy.
Brownlee (sp?) was an articulate speaker.

But Cuccinelli was the only one who seemed to really just be himself andjust talk to us.

AndCuccinelli was the only one who said, "Fiscal policies are important; but the Constitution comes first."