• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'Shooting at Ore. funeral service wounds 1' Portland AP Breitbart.com

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D951L26G0&show_article=1&catnum=1
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -

Gunfire erupted during a funeral service at a church on the north side of Portland on Friday, gravely wounding a 31-year-old man with a history of gang activity and sending mourners fleeing.

Sgt. Brian Schmautz of the Portland police said the wounded man, Darshawn Lavone Cross, had a criminal history of gang-related activity.

Although the neighborhood has been gentrifying in recent years, it has in the past been the scene of gang activity.

Schmautz said the shooter was still on the loose.

The shooting happened shortly after noon at the New Hope Missionary Baptist Church, where a funeral was being held for an elderly woman, Schmautz said. He said he did not know of any connections or relationship among her, the victim and the shooter.

Charles Jointer, the son of pastor the Rev. Robert C. Jointer, said he was in his father's study in the church when shots were fired. "All I really saw was a lot of people panicking, running, and that gave me the instinct that there was a gun somewhere," he said. "Everything was so fast."

Charles Jointer, 26, said he swept his 2-year-old son into his arms, ran back to his father's office and locked the doors.

Police responded to an emergency call within about five minutes, he said.

He said about 50 people were at the funeral service, and no one else was injured.
Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

Gordie

imported post

Wow, 5 minutes. With response times like that I guess that they are right, the police are perfectly able to protect us and there is no reason to be armed for self defense.:cuss:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

And criminals and gangbangers will always shoot at other criminals and gangbangers which is why LAC need to be armed to defend themselves and loved ones against those who have no regard for the life, security and property of others.

KansasMustang

imported post

A ganbanger gets shot, my guess by another gang-banger, and it's big news? Geez, bet if about 30 of the 50 folks of the funeral party had been lawful OC-ing and busted the a$$ of the shooter it'd be different news LOL

Gordie

imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
A ganbanger gets shot, my guess by another gang-banger, and it's big news? Geez, bet if about 30 of the 50 folks of the funeral party had been lawful OC-ing and busted the a$$ of the shooter it'd be different news LOL
Or the little lowlife punk would have just kept on driving, knowing that he would not survive the encounter. In this case there would have been no news to report at all. Either way, it would have been a better ending to the story.:celebrate