• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Favorite non 1911 semi-auto pistol

Who do you think makes the est non 1911 semi-auto Handgun

• Sig Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glock

• Springfield

• Smith & Wesson

• Heckler & Koch

• CZ

• Desert Eagle

• Ruger

• Kahr

• other

• Total voters

richarcm

imported post

I am absolutely in love with my 1911 but I'm falling very quickly for my Springfield XD9. I no longer have to suffocate myself with my belt!!

Spectre

imported post

Ummm...all of the above including Beretta, but if I absolutely had to pick. It would be a tie between Beretta 92FS, CZ-75B, and anything from SIG.

Sheesh! It's like asking a parent to pick their favorite child lol.

bordsnbikes

imported post

Spectre wrote:
Ummm...all of the above including Beretta, but if I absolutely had to pick. It would be a tie between Beretta 92FS, CZ-75B, and anything from SIG.

Every parent has a favorite. If you don't think they do, then your not it. J/K

Tomahawk

imported post

Citizen wrote:
marshaul wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
marshaul wrote:
This is your selection for a NON 1911 type pistol?
Yes. :p

P01769_011_1.jpg

:D:p

And don't nobody try to say that's not a hand-gun. Once you un-hook it from the truck, EVERYTHING about it is done by hand!!

Not a semi-auto, however.

Non-1911? How about 1911A1? :p

Actually, I haven't tried enough semi-autos to speak with authority. I liked the XD more than the Glock, but I didn't get to try them long enough to really wring them out, and they both worked fine. The only non-1911 types I have lots of experience with are the Star Firestar .45 and the Baretta Cheetah .380.

Of those I have to say the Firestar is my favorite.

Spectre

imported post

bordsnbikes wrote:
Spectre wrote:

Every parent has a favorite. If you don't think they do, then your not it. J/K

OUCH! :lol:

curtm1911

imported post

Does my Ruger 22/45 count................probably not huh................but it ain't really, no slide, just a round bolt...............and I like my P-226 too and my P-11..............oh yeah, I even gotta M-21

Marco

imported post

My favorite gun design is the H&K P7M8.
I wish they made a P7M7 in .40SW, because that would be my carry gun.
not a fan of the M10 or M13
Allyou lefties out there should look into getting one.
The only handgun in my collection I would never sell.
file photo I don't post pics of mine no matter how similar they may appear.
edit: or my grandpa's 1903 Colt PP in .32acp

Dustin

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
My favorite gun design is the H&K P7M8.
I wish they made a P7M7 in .40SW, because that would be my carry gun.
not a fan of the M10 or M13
Allyou lefties out there should look into getting one.
The only handgun in my collection I would never sell.
file photo I don't post pics of mine no matter how similar they may appear.
edit: or my grandpa's 1903 Colt PP in .32acp

It almost looks as if the slide will eat into the web of your hand.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Since I carry this 'on me' 'round the house 'n sometimes concealed... I s'pose it would be my fav' other than the 1911.

Dustin

imported post

I got a POS Davis .380 auto that is famous for that. I eneded up getting rid of it for $100. Believe that ? 20 year old POS gun = $100.

The slide will literaly cut into your skin.

gun3.gif

opusd2

imported post

Dustin wrote:
I got a POS Davis .380 auto that is famous for that. I eneded up getting rid of it for $100. Believe that ? 20 year old POS gun = $100.

The slide will literaly cut into your skin.

gun3.gif

So will a Bauer .25 automatic. Will even kill woodchucks, I hear...
Like a Baby Browning, very much so.

CZ MAK DADDY

imported post

Count me in on CZ. iam a huge fan, they are great guns. currntly i have a 75 in 9mm, 82 in 9mm mak, and a 97 in 45 acp.

i carry the cz-82 everyday and by the way is far superior to the russian makarov in every aspect but the makarov is a little smaller. the build qualityof theCZis magnificent it carrys 4 more rounds in the gun. it also has polygonal rifling like a H&K or glock anddont forget you have 2 modes of carry, compaired to 1 (hammer down allways on first shot,safety on or off) with the Makarov.Also 2" groups with the CZat25 yards "offhand" at least for me.

the cz-97 where should i begin. it was named the best combat 45 by solider of fortune magazine. this gun has never had one jam with the 2000 rounds ive fired. it has a 10 round mag compaired to 7 or 8 with the 1911. the gun has allmost no recoil and is extremely accurate. i shoot at a 6x8" steel plate at 50yrds and nail it everytime offhand! the only drawback with gun is the grip is little large for small hands and the double action pull is hard to reach for small hands but ok if you carry it cocked and locked.

the CZ 75B, thats all i have to say.the most comfortable grip of any other steel framed gun ever. the S&W sigma (also the CZ-75 p-07"Duty" but the sigma came out first)is the most comfortble polymer grip. even the famous Col. Jeff Cooper (mr.1911)said so himself. he was working on a 10mm gun project and wanted the designers to make the grip the same or a close as possible to that of the CZ-75B. i also if iam not mistaken also said that "the CZ-75B was the greatest platform for the 9mm cartridge."

over all, CZ is often over looked at the gun shop when sitting next to a Glock or Sig. mainly because most American's tend to shop by image and what they see in movies. but anyoneelse who don't have tunnel vision,buys a gun to fittheir personal needs.So at least give CZ a try you will be surprised. they are very affordable and ready to punch 1" groups out the box. for example the CZ-97 45acpcosts about $600 and will out shoot a $1200 1911 45 acp, trust me it will. i had guy allmost in tears when i spankedhim on the rangeand he found out my gun was half the price of his.

45acpForMe

imported post

My favorite gun "including" my 1911 is my Sig P220 Elite Stainless!!!

It shoots as well as any 1911 I have shot, breaks down & cleans easier than any 1911 and is nice to look at!

Dreamer

imported post

For a full-size handgun, I like the all-metal Sigs. They are rugged, accurate as heck, reliable, and the fit and finish is always top-notch. Someday I'll get on of those P220 Stainless Elites with the wood grips--sweet...

As far as subcompacts go, the old AMT Backup in .45acp is a VERY nice gun, but since they don't make them anymore, getting them serviced, or finding spare parts is getting tough.

And of course, the Detonics Pocket 9mm was a fantastic "pocket gun" in a pretty respectable caliber. Although 9mm isn't my preferred round, the Detonics Pocket 9 makes carrying 9mm as a BUG pretty tough to argue against...

If I HAD to pick a polymer-frame full-size gun for defensive carry, it would be the Glock 20. Reliable, rugged as a brick, relatively low-maintenance, and 10mm--what's not to like?

As for "sub-caliber" handguns, the Walther P22 is the most fun pistol I've ever shot.

And I sure do miss the Grendel P12 that I owned years ago. As polymer pocket pistols go, the Grendel was VERY reliable, and fun to shoot, even if it DID kick more than my Colt Delta Elite. The fact that it fed nearly anything I put through it, and was chambered for .380 auto made for a very servicable BUG. Plus it's butt-ugly design was actually a "plus" in my book... ;)

But if we're counting Science Fiction guns in this discussion, I think the hands-down winner for favorite semi-autos is Hans Solo's Blaster from the original Star Wars movie: