• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shoot out at Windsor school of dance

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

This isn't a matter of more rural areas being any less safe in general. This is a case of someone from an urban area trying to flee from the crime and gangs in their locale for a party and dragging all of the bad element with them. Happens all the time. Saw the same thing happen large scale in St. Louis County where people from crime-ridden North St. Louis City using the sub-prime lending market moved into North St. Louis County to escape the crime, drugs and gangs taking their crime, drug and gang associated teens with them thereby not escaping anything but rather just expanding the crime, drug and gang infested area across a larger region and making the communities they moved into just as dangerous as the places they left.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

1000ydshooter wrote: .Wonder where they got their guns.

Indeed, I hope they project exile their asses.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

T Dubya wrote:
1000ydshooter wrote: .Wonder where they got their guns.

According to Mayor Bloomburg and the Brady folks, they must have gotten their guns from Virginia, because that is where almost all of the "crime guns" come from.

Oh! Wait! They all live in Virginia, which has laws against anyone under the age of 21 buying a handgun from a licensed dealer (FFL 01).

So! They must have all gone to gun shows and bought their guns there, because even if you look like a gangbanger there are folks with thousands of guns who will sell them to you with no questions asked -even if you lack peachfuzz and are carrying your 6th-grade math book (a great place to hide money and drugs, BTW).

Oops! The Crime Commission is still mulling over the truth about that, so better not use it yet.

Or maybe, just maybe they got their guns illegally from people who owned/possessed the guns illegally before selling/giving the guns to these youngsters who could not legally purchase/posses them.

Why, there ought to be a law against doing illegal stuff like that! Lucky I've got my Senator and Delegate on speed-dial so I can encourage them to draft a bill creating another law that would make it illegal to illegally do illegal things.

I'm just wondering why Mom did not call the cops as soon as uninvited "guests" started showing up. It takes a while for "hundreds" of kids to crash a party.

stay safe.

skidmark

1000ydshooter

Formerly Kwajalein atoll, and Iraq. Now Zuni Va
imported post

What concerns me about this,is this is where I grew up and still live when im not here in Iraq.This used tobe about "small town" as you could get.But in recent years there has be a mass migration of people from non rural ares moving into the town and county,with it has come all the problems:banghead:. My 8yr old goes to that dance school.What happened scares me because I OC in town all the time,and now that im not there to protect my family something like this happens.Just wanted to vent and get something off my chest.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

1000ydshooter wrote:
What concerns me about this,is this is where I grew up and still live when im not here in Iraq.This used tobe about "small town" as you could get.But in recent years there has be a mass migration of people from non rural ares moving into the town and county,with it has come all the problems:banghead:. My 8yr old goes to that dance school.What happened scares me because I OC in town all the time,and now that im not there to protect my family something like this happens.Just wanted to vent and get something off my chest.

Amen....Amen....AMEN...AMEN...AMEN..!

When I hear "I want to move to the country" or worse "I want to move to Virginia"...I want to get the shotgun and rock salt!

Tomahawk

imported post

peter nap wrote:
1000ydshooter wrote:

Amen....Amen....AMEN...AMEN...AMEN..!

When I hear "I want to move to the country" or worse "I want to move to Virginia"...I want to get the shotgun and rock salt!
I wonder if the Indians thought the same thing when they saw your ancestors coming.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

marshaul wrote:
Good call, Tomahawk.
Your right. As a matter of fact, while doing the family tree, I came across a letter by my first ancestor here. In the early 1600's, in what is now Russell County Virginia, we were attacked by indians.

Killed them and went on about our business.

I like to learn from others mistakes! They didn't get the shotgun and rocksalt soon enough.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Some of my family are among the oldest non-Hispanic whites to have been in California, in the Bay Area. They sailed around the Horn to Alviso and built the first family home, on Coffin Road (the family name) near the intersection of Great America Parkway and Mission College Boulevard. The Coffins sailed on the compact Brigantine Belgrade/Cherry and I remember ships fittings in 'the cabin' built from it.

I left California when I saw the californication begin. I remember Emperor Nelson's dream of restoring The California Republic.

paramedic70002

imported post

Hey Rich! (if you are Rich, you know I'm talking to you!)

No more shootouts, er, I mean parties, at the dance school. Town shut them down, plus they said they had enough.

The shooters were from Suffolk, so they got their guns from off East Washington St., probably Nancy Drive, East Suffolk Village, Hofheimer Apartments, Kennedy Estates. Spent a lot of time there back in the day being a volunteer in the rescue squad.

Yep, was at home 6 miles away listening to the #### hit the fan on the scanner.

riverrat10k

imported post

Thanks more than I can say for your service 1000yd. I don't know what I would do if I was thousands of miles away and this happened in my small hometown.

I love driving the 460 corridor from P'burg to Suffolk. One of my favorite drives in Virginia.

The folks in the cities and the social expertsreally need to get a grip to stop this invasion of thuggery and the erosion of the values that have given us a great, though imperfect, country.

Sic Semper Tyrannis